AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wireworld Cables

Wireworld Cables A World Of Difference

Old 07-22-2011, 07:57 AM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiot servant View Post
Hi Ivan,

The Silver Eclipse just turned up in the mail and sounded good even just right outa the box... thanks a million and as always... Have a great weekend

cheers
Graham

Main Music:Meridian Transport>Wireworld silver starlight USB>Pure Music>Mac Air with 256GB SSD>Wireworld silver eclipse 6 IC >Calyx DAC>Shindo Aurieges L>Sanders Magtech>Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 SC>Magnepan 3.7
Head Music: Audeze LCD2 and AKG 702>Violectric V200 headphone amp
AV: Oppo 95 (coming soon)>Straightwire ICs>Peachtree Nova>Quicksilver GE 8417 monos>biwired Kimber 8tc>Proac Response 2
Hey Graham,

Outstanding! Boy that took a while to get there, if I didn't know better I would think you live in Austrailia!
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 08-28-2011, 04:01 PM
From the BAT cave ...

I am somewhere north of 200 hours on the loom now and the cables have continued to improve. They have improved to a level that I am somewhat perplexed to describe. "More realistic such that I am having an emotional response, rather than an analytic one" is about as close as I can get. Physically what is happening is that there is "more" of everything, but also clearer. To make the cliched analogy, if this was video it would be like going from regular to HDTV. Not not just 1080i, this is more like 1080p.

On "McCartney" this morning, the drumstick strikes against themselves during an intro was so realistic that my head whirled around to see what had just broken. On "461 Ocean Boulevard" the rhythm guitar right-rear of Clapton was clearly heard, although it is faint. I have played this CD a thousand times, never heard that before. On the Jean-Luc Ponty album currently playing, the sound is so much more dynamic that it is a whole new piece.

These individual instances are not the emotional impact I am talking about. Instead they are my poor attempt to illustrate what some of the differences are. Frankly, they are too numerous to mention. But the cumulative effect of this more saturated realism (greater detail, more realistic timbre) is to leave you with the emotional response of hearing music live. I am not claiming it sounds exactly live (our ears are too good to be fooled), but I am saying I have hit my personal audio nirvana of having the same emotional connection that I get when I do hear live music. And I am still waiting for what 300 hours brings.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:05 PM

+1,

Thanks for that Randy, I have also been trying (struggling) to understand the core of the change in the cables and what you have explained feels exactly right... the not analytical experience, that's 100% what I have also been feeling these last few days, increased resolution to the point where the obviously detectable traces of grain are disappearing or getting finer and finer and there is nothing sufficiently distracting for the mind to lock onto.

I am listening to Spring Sea, an album by Marshall Maguire and Riley Lee which is for harp and shakuhachi flute. I have had this music for many years now but it isn't that I am just hearing much more detail now, but rather it is a completely different experience in listening and I am actually forgetting that it is a recording... it has stopped being conscious listening, there is no real grain that my mind can easily detect so there is less disparity from real experience for it to grasp on to... nor even does it physically feel like there is a grain present, you know when you can feel the graininess... it actually seems rich, palpable and liquid, resonating to emotional connection - pretty much exactly as you have said. Great observation, I think you've got it in one.

Graham

Last edited by audiot servant; 08-28-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:32 PM

Randy and Graham,

After reading Dan's Kimber/Wireworld shoot out and now both of your cable experiences, I think I will go down the Wireworld cable path also.

Graham, I know this is not the place but I see in your signature you have the Magnepan 3.7's. How do you like them?

~Mike
Old 08-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman View Post
I am somewhere north of 200 hours on the loom now and the cables have continued to improve. They have improved to a level that I am somewhat perplexed to describe. "More realistic such that I am having an emotional response, rather than an analytic one" is about as close as I can get. Physically what is happening is that there is "more" of everything, but also clearer. To make the cliched analogy, if this was video it would be like going from regular to HDTV. Not not just 1080i, this is more like 1080p.

On "McCartney" this morning, the drumstick strikes against themselves during an intro was so realistic that my head whirled around to see what had just broken. On "461 Ocean Boulevard" the rhythm guitar right-rear of Clapton was clearly heard, although it is faint. I have played this CD a thousand times, never heard that before. On the Jean-Luc Ponty album currently playing, the sound is so much more dynamic that it is a whole new piece.

These individual instances are not the emotional impact I am talking about. Instead they are my poor attempt to illustrate what some of the differences are. Frankly, they are too numerous to mention. But the cumulative effect of this more saturated realism (greater detail, more realistic timbre) is to leave you with the emotional response of hearing music live. I am not claiming it sounds exactly live (our ears are too good to be fooled), but I am saying I have hit my personal audio nirvana of having the same emotional connection that I get when I do hear live music. And I am still waiting for what 300 hours brings.
Randy.......

I particularly like the comment, "saturated realism".

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 08-28-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgard View Post
Randy and Graham,

After reading Dan's Kimber/Wireworld shoot out and now both of your cable experiences, I think I will go down the Wireworld cable path also.

Graham, I know this is not the place but I see in your signature you have the Magnepan 3.7's. How do you like them?

~Mike
Hey Mike, I'll answer your pm tomorrow; thanks.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 08-28-2011, 09:51 PM

Hi Mike,

I have been waiting for the 3.7s to get settled in before saying too much more... probably can't say it better than Harry Pearson when he said that the Magnepan 3.7 may well be the audio bargain of all time.

Out of the three audio writers that have had them in for review, Steve Guttenberg, Harry Pearson and Jonathon Valin, from my understanding all three have kept them on as reference speakers. Won't stray off topic too far in Randy's thread but they are that good IMHO.

cheers
Graham

Last edited by audiot servant; 08-28-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:29 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Jim and Graham, any updates?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:30 AM

Randy,

I figured the SE6 were going to be very good... I'd done enough research to be fairly confident and right from the start they were. My few concerns were that the lovely tone might have bordered on politeness and that their might have been a hint of mid range softness... I was very wrong.

Since the shift after a couple of hundred hours in if there is gusto in the music it fair compels, if there is grace it seduces, if their is silence it is achingly hypnotic... phrasing is exquisite, it is muscular and gymnastic.

One of the downsides of transparency is that as the water clears we really get to see what is on the bottom, however when there is music in the system it is like a sea of wonders... the WW SE6 lets you see down that far.

Will be changing a raft of other things before I ever have to worry about finding a better cable. Hope you are still happy.

Worth the wait.
Graham

PS thanks Ivan again for going to the extra trouble of getting them to me down this far south... they have made a big difference in the way I can enjoy music every day. cheers
Old 09-16-2011, 09:16 AM

Very glad to hear Graham.
CAPE COD