AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 03-02-2010, 01:31 AM

I am glad so many are getting Wilson speakers on forum.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:47 AM

Hey after having 802d's then MBL 111e's for my wife to laugh at, I am sure she might think Sasha's were a little more sane looking.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Wilson Gal

Default Very interesting...

I have been reading this forum for some time now. Forums are so interesting to me since everyone has such different tastes and ideas. The funny part of it all is how some don't understand that it is OK to like different things whether it be cars, movies, (and in this case) audio equipment. I do enjoy learning others perspectives, and what they enjoy.

I will be the FIRST to say I am by far no expert. I enjoy music, and I happen to be the daughter of a speaker designer. I was not born with my fathers knowledge of the industry, however I do like learning about it!

Wilson Audio just posted up a wonderful video. I would have to say I completely agree with what David Wilson says in it. It reminds me of people and their actions on forums! LOL Here it is:

YouTube - wilsonaudiospeakers's Channel

Well put, dad!

Good luck with your system! PS. I have always liked Dark Titanium

Deb
Old 03-04-2010, 06:29 PM

Deb, your Dad is absolutely right.

By the way, I met your father in person during a presentation of the Alexandria X2v2 at a local dealer. It was very evident that he is very passionate about music. In fact, he talked more about music than the speaker itself. Of course everyone was blown away by the speaker once the music started so I guess he let the speaker do all the talking for itself.

This was in stark contrast to another representative that was there that night presenting his own gear, I won't mention any names but no music was mentioned, instead he focused on the gear and the design. Unfortunately, just as his speech was dry and sterile, for the most part his gear sounds the same..

When people are passionate about music, it often reflects in their designs. Tell your Dad, I LOOOVE my new Sasha speakers!

Serge.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:46 PM

I'm single, and still had to get past the Sasha's "unconventional" appearance. Good news is, it didnt take me long to move forward, and I'm really glad I did. They certainly look modern/contemporary...but the sound!
I got the Argento silver with black grilles...yes, some visitors think they look like robots from outer space...but in a "beautiful robot" way.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Wilson Gal

Hey there Serge!

So nice to finally be able to talk to you. I always know who you are by your signature (the sexy red car.... I am a car gal! )

I will make sure to tell him He really is passionate about what he does and I have always looked up to him for it! I have been to many of Wilson's shows and I have always loved hearing him talk (maybe it's partly because I take great pride in sitting back with a grin on my face thinking "that's my dad" ).

I think my favorite demo was at T.H.E. Show in Las Vegas 2000. Wilson demoed X-1's with the X-S. He didn't use a CD or a record. He used a master tape. Even though I could hear the "tape hiss" it was amazing. Then he played for us (on CD this time) John Rutters Requiem Pie Jesu... the best listening experiance of my life.

To this day I ask my father to play that song almost evertime I come to visit. I have heard it on the WAMM, X-1's, Maxx's and X-2's. I have to say that it sounded amazing on every system... however, the WAMM is the only system to date to ever bring me to tears. I do miss the WAMM!

I am so happy you love your Sasha's! I have seen all your pictures, read all your threads. I know how much you love them, and I am so excited for you! So fun to see others just as excited about their Wilson's as I am of my Watt/Puppy series 6's!! And no.. I am not going to upgrade them. The set I have are very sentimental to me!

Cheers to everyone from Utah and happy listening!!
Deb
Old 03-05-2010, 06:31 AM

Default I'm in!

Five short days ago, I started this tread in a bit of a controversial way, but all in good fun! I appreciate everyone's thoughtful advice, and I've enjoyed speaking with a few folks directly. Everyone has been very helpful. After considerable deliberation and soul searching, I've decided not to get the Sasha's.

I'm happy to report that I will be pickling up a pair of Sophia 2's this weekend!

I can't wait to get them home. I'm sure they'll be just awesome, and I'll still be able to look forward to upgrading to the Sasha's sometime in the future.
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v
Old 03-05-2010, 08:14 AM

Congratulations! I think you made the right choice. I auditioned the Sashas with Mac 2301's and that was not my favorite combination of amps with the Sashas. The bass was not as tight and defined as with with Mac solid state amps. You shouldn't have that issue with the Sophias.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Five short days ago, I started this tread in a bit of a controversial way, but all in good fun! I appreciate everyone's thoughtful advice, and I've enjoyed speaking with a few folks directly. Everyone has been very helpful. After considerable deliberation and soul searching, I've decided not to get the Sasha's.

I'm happy to report that I will be pickling up a pair of Sophia 2's this weekend!

I can't wait to get them home. I'm sure they'll be just awesome, and I'll still be able to look forward to upgrading to the Sasha's sometime in the future.
We all get that itch to change speakers and gear every so often. You should be very happy with the Sophia's. A very nice all around speaker.

We look forward to your thoughts on the Pro's and Cons of the Sophia's versus your Vienna's.
Jim
Old 03-05-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post

It was good talking to you Tom. Good luck with your Sophia II's, I am sure you are going to love them!