AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Sonus Faber

Sonus Faber Italy's Best

Old 12-03-2016, 06:38 AM

Default New "Futura Amati" first quarter 2017

New "Futura Amati" first quarter 2017

Hello,

my delaer sell the Demo Futura Amati in piano black from 2016 (new... braking time not complete!) for 15500 $$ ca. !!!
Because the new model that replaces the Fututa Amita is at the door ...

Does anyone have any news?

Thx
Old 12-03-2016, 12:51 PM

Mcintosh had it in the showroom the Amati piano black finish with the black anodized plate in 2016 CES Show.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:32 PM

That means the new Guarneri will be out soon after as well.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidho View Post
New "Futura Amati" first quarter 2017

Hello,

my delaer sell the Demo Futura Amati in piano black from 2016 (new... braking time not complete!) for 15500 $$ ca. !!!
Because the new model that replaces the Fututa Amita is at the door ...

Does anyone have any news?

Thx
I am confused about your post. Do you mean that you heard that the Amanti Futura is going to be replaced in 2017? If so, could you clarify your source of this info and what you mean when you say "the new model replaces the Futura Amita is at the door." Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantes0929 View Post
Mcintosh had it in the showroom the Amati piano black finish with the black anodized plate in 2016 CES Show.
CES 2016 was at the beginning of 2016. Do you mean when the original nickle-plated end covers and fins were replaced by the newer black satin finish as shown back then was the replacement that you are referring to? Thanks.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:23 PM

My dealer called me 1.5 month ago and mentioned the same that SF would cease Futura line sometime next year. I took it lightly as he was pushing me to order SF Vox sooner before it gets cut too.

Vox is matched up to Aida line as far as I know , though there was no rush for me to believe his prediction on Vox I ordered one anyway
Old 12-08-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuzants View Post
My dealer called me 1.5 month ago and mentioned the same that SF would cease Futura line sometime next year. I took it lightly as he was pushing me to order SF Vox sooner before it gets cut too.

Vox is matched up to Aida line as far as I know , though there was no rush for me to believe his prediction on Vox I ordered one anyway
Interesting and certainly has merit as the AF has been around for awhile now. I bought mine shortly before the release of of the Lilum and Il Cremonese.

Congratulations on the purchase of your Vox.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:43 PM

I am excited to see what comes out next! But I still love the Futuras.......
Sonus Faber Amati Faturas / JL Audio 13.5” Fanthom In Wall Subs / McIntosh C52 / McIntosh MCD 1100 / McIntosh MEN 220 / McIntosh MC 601’s / McIntosh MPC 1500 / McIntosh MT 5 / McIntosh MC 275’s / Luxman AS-55 Amp Selector / Silenzo (This thing is Amazing) / Gold Lion Tubes from Vintage Tube

All items in green were bought thru the AA marketplace and blue from a current AA retailer
Old 12-16-2016, 06:09 AM

Hi,

New Futura "Amati" will be available LATER in Januar!!

My Dealer had send my a email with this info.

The "new" Futura Amati" have a lot of "ilCremonese Technologie inside".

price unknown But sure a litlle more from the "old" Futura......and he say me that make really no sense invested $$ with the Cremonese; the new Futura Amati will be a big surprise. in Sound, Performance and price too.

il Cremonese need a lot more "space" vs the Futura Amati... i dont know if in USA you have ALL so big room... but in Europa is not the same.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:56 AM

I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he told me that Sonus Faber instead of current Guarneri and Futura models will release (supposedly In February) new speakers with reduced MSRP:

1. Guarneri Tradition - MSRP $15900

2. Amati Tradition - MSRP $29,900

and most interesting to me it will be new 3 way floor stander between Guarneri and Amati

3. Serafino Tradition - MSRP 21,900.

I cant wait to see the pictures and detailed specifications. If somebody have any additional information, please post.

Thank you.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjazz123 View Post
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he told me that Sonus Faber instead of current Guarneri and Futura models will release (supposedly In February) new speakers with reduced MSRP:

1. Guarneri Tradition - MSRP $15900

2. Amati Tradition - MSRP $29,900

and most interesting to me it will be new 3 way floor stander between Guarneri and Amati

3. Serafino Tradition - MSRP 21,900.

I cant wait to see the pictures and detailed specifications. If somebody have any additional information, please post.

Thank you.
I have also seen photos for all 3 new models (I'm sure they will be all over the web very soon). My least favorite of the classic "Homage" line revisions so far. Basically, they all look like Olympicas on steroids, and even use some minor touches that reminded me of the Principia (their new entry-level line). The Guarneri will for sure polarize folks. The Amati seems ok based on what I have seen, but I still prefer the original, and even the Futura looks, to my taste, more elegant and coherent (visually speaking) than this new model. The Serafino feels to me like an unnecessary addition, but we shall see... At least prices are SLIGHTLY lower.