AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Time Pieces

Time Pieces Watch Collectors

Old 12-16-2017, 12:32 PM

Awesome Stephen! I like it a lot! Enjoy!
Old 12-16-2017, 12:44 PM

Beautiful watch Stephen!

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
MSB Reference DAC
Innuos Statement w/Next Gen. PS
B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
Shunyata Cables
Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments
Old 12-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Awesome Stephen! I like it a lot! Enjoy!
Thanks, Serge!

BTW, I got serial #20 because that is the number of the Porsche 917K that Steve McQueen drove in Le Mans.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
Very nice watch Stephen ! Congrats !
So what are you going to get with the 9K left ?
Oh, that's going into the bank to pay for things like....health insurance, etc. You know, practical, mundane, but important stuff. I officially gave notice this week at work, and I am retiring from professional life on Dec. 22, the day before my birthday!
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:33 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Oh, I should add that the inspiration for this watch was the Hanhart 417 ES flyback chronograph. The Hanhart 417 is famous for being Steve McQueen's "other, other" watch, which he bought with his own money. McQueen loved and wore this watch frequently, including when he was racing motorcycles, e.g. competing in the 39th International Six Days Trials in England in 1964, competing as part of the USA team. He also wore his 417 in the film "The War Lover". The photo below from Heuerville shows how nicely the Pioneer One LE recapitulates the famous Hanhart 417 ES. Notice how the lume on the Pioneer was perfectly matched to the color of how the lume aged on the original 417...this is the kind of detail that Hanhart is famous for.
Heuerville wrote a really nice article on the Hanhart 417 with some beautiful photographs:
https://heuerville.wordpress.com/?s=hanhart

Hanhart has been making time pieces since before...Rolex.

Steve McQueen wearing his Hanhart 417 at the 1964 39th International Six Day Trials in the UK in 1964. McQueen as part of the USA team of riders. That's how good he was...

McQueen on the cover of LIFE, wearing white sneakers, Persol Sunglasses, a big revolver, and his Hanhart 417. The quintessential King of Cool....

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-16-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:40 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio 1 View Post
Beautiful watch Stephen!
Thanks, Buddy! I just talked to WatchBuys and I should receive mine some time in January.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Oh, that's going into the bank to pay for things like....health insurance, etc. You know, practical, mundane, but important stuff. I officially gave notice this week at work, and I am retiring from professional life on Dec. 22, the day before my birthday!
Now there is a major event! I guess congrats are in order??
Old 12-16-2017, 02:33 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Now there is a major event! I guess congrats are in order??
Well...we shall see. I've been dealing with back problems for the last six months, sciatica and pinched nerve in my hip, impacting the stability and strength of my left hip. Turns out its due to spinal stenosis, which is in my family history on my mother's side. I'm looking at a likely spinal stenosis decompression surgical procedure in early 2018. If I can get through that and recover well, I can look forward to enjoying life a bit more; the last six months have been really TOUGH. I have not had a pain-free day since May 19th.

Fortunately, I have been also seeing a new chiropractor in the last two weeks who is amazing, and uses the "ABC Method" (Advanced Biostructural Correction https://meningealrelease.com) of chiropractic, a method I've never experienced before. She's fixing things that gone uncorrected for way too long by the three chiropractors I've seen over the last 20 years. She's helped my comfort level more significantly in the last two weeks than anyone else I've worked with.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-16-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Well...we shall see. I've been dealing with back problems for the last six months, sciatica and pinched nerve in my hip, impacting the stability and strength of my left hip. Turns out its due to spinal stenosis, which is in my family history on my mother's side. I'm looking at a likely spinal stenosis decompression procedure in early 2018. If I can get through that and recover well, I can look forward to enjoying life a bit more; the last six months have been really TOUGH. I have not had a pain-free day since May 19th.
Very sorry to hear that my friend. Hope the procedure will bring you relief so you can get back to living a pain free life asap!
Old 12-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Very sorry to hear that my friend. Hope the procedure will bring you relief so you can get back to living a pain free life asap!
Yes, I hope so, too...the last six months have been very hard...fortunately, I generally sleep pain-free at night. I had this problem 7 years ago due to disc that was herniated by a physical therapist. I had an outpatient microdiskectomy for it, but it still took about two years to fully recover from it.

This recurrence was brought on by just way too much domestic air travel for work over too short a time. Nothing like coach domestic air travel to destroy backs!