AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Marten Loudspeakers

Marten Loudspeakers Sweden's Best

Old 08-20-2013, 05:42 AM

Interesting, the design used on the Thiel drivers. I see nothing wrong with the prototype xover used, very rarely will you see expensive parts when prototyping due to the very nature of development and change .

Expensive parts and layout are usually left until production is finalized ....
Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Wayne View Post
Interesting, the design used on the Thiel drivers. I see nothing wrong with the prototype xover used, very rarely will you see expensive parts when prototyping due to the very nature of development and change .

Expensive parts and layout are usually left until production is finalized ....
Just to be sure. Do you mean Thiel from kentucky? If so. Correction needed.
The drivers are from Accuton in Germany. Thiel & Partner GMBH, not the speaker Thiel. The drivers are a very special Aluminum structure. Built as honeycomb and very light and rigid. It's also something with the magnets position that helps the air flow more easy and therefore makes the membrane move easy and correct. I think Marten is the first company with this new drivers. The new Coltrane Tenor has got them. It's a small speaker that sounds great. Costly thought, as great speakers often are. How come?

accuton® Carefully selected loudspeaker drivers. | Company

/Apexorca

Last edited by Apexorca; 08-20-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the correction , they do look like something accuton would do. speciality production, development cost and low volume numbers would make the cost pretty high...
Old 08-31-2013, 12:03 AM

Can someone give an opinion on diamond vs. Be as a driver material for tweeters?
Old 09-30-2013, 12:40 PM

I was invited as one of the first to listen to Martens new speaker. I'm honored. Now the speaker is ready to meet the world.
Leif at Marten together with Dirk from Accuton have made the last fine tuning just before I arrived.
It's a lot to say about this new speaker. It's the only one in it's class so far. The membranes are all in the same phase. The crossover and the extreme membranes makes the time alignment very precise. The delay from signal to move the membrane is near zero time delay. Maybe the fastes in the world.

I'v heard the prototype, but now it's even better. I have never heard this high resolution. The sound is like just true. Nothing is in the way of the signal. It just flows into your ear and sounds natural and musical. Dynamics is fantastic especially the microdynamics witch probably is the biggest difference to anything I ever heard. And this makes the music sound more live and true.
This is not a speaker for those who likes a little extra added from this or from that. It's playing the music as it is in a musical distortion free way.

I have heard a lot of reference system but this has reached a new level of reproduced music. As it was a new level of sound it was a little bit hard to relate to. So, it took a while to gather some kind of properties witch make the impression.

Fore those who has the opportunity to listen to this speaker at CES 2014 in Las Vegas . Try to do so.
I think they will play with a Pass lab reference gear. And maybe, it will be the best sound at CES next year. I would not be surprised.

Since the speaker not is officially born jet I just can show you a part of the speaker. But I assure you. It looks fantastic. All a bout it scream expensive and potent.

/ Apexorca

Last edited by Apexorca; 09-30-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 AM

It appears therefore that it is the superior transient response of the diamond membrane (not necessairly the extended frequency response) that results in the superior treble of the speaker. A silk dome is inherenly slower than that of a diamond membrane.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:09 AM

It´s a small picture but you get the ideá

Old 11-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Bodhisattva

I can only imagine what the level of resolution is, but I can't reconcile their ugly looks. If I had that kind of money, i'd be auditioning the Avalon Tesseract, Rockport Arrakis, Cessaro Gamma 1 & Genesis 1.2's

Last edited by Bodhisattva; 11-15-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:58 PM

+10 on the Gen 1.2's.....
Old 11-16-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It appears therefore that it is the superior transient response of the diamond membrane (not necessairly the extended frequency response) that results in the superior treble of the speaker. A silk dome is inherenly slower than that of a diamond membrane.
Then it must be stiffer , possible between fabric and metal, the metal dome can be made very good , i did a lot of experimeting with them in the 90's focal did attempt to get them right but even they missed what was necessary , inverting was the right direction, but done differently ...

Regards