AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Ayre

Ayre A new dimension of musical enjoyment

Old 07-31-2018, 04:27 AM

Default Ayre Moving Sale

I got an email earlier that stated:

Quote:
Next week we will begin moving the Ayre factory to its nice new location. We are using this opportunity to clear out a lot of things including some finished goods inventory.

Now is your chance to get some killer deals on a few A stock latest production Ayre products so that we don't have to carry them 5 miles over to the new place!
(For the record they are moving from Boulder up the road a bit to Niwot, CO.)

Contact your dealer for price and availability, but some of the discounts are said to be quite nice.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:16 AM

Love Lefty's Pizza in Niwot!
Old 07-31-2018, 11:14 PM
Aspiring Audiophile

Wow. Cool!
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW
Old 08-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Industry Affiliation - Ayre CEO

I don't mean this as a plug, so please feel free to delete this if you do: but if you haven't looked at Superphonica and are looking for the 5 (not X-5) series, what's left there will be the last opportunity to pick one up. We're not reordering chassis again and the remaining parts will be on hand to ensure we can service units into the foreseeable future.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:46 PM

Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:50 PM

Smile

Ryan
I ordered a KXR-20 preamp through my dealaer (Ciamara) a while back from the moving sale. Any idea when it will be shipped?

Just a friendly poke, hoping it is a significant upgrade from my KX5-20 (running off QX-5 and MXR-20s).
Old 08-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Industry Affiliation - Ayre CEO

Hey Eric,

We're just now getting everything sorted to be able to go back to running 100%. Most of the units were boxed in temporary boxes for the move, so we want to get them out, retest and set them to make sure that they all arrive in 100% working order. It adds a bit of unfortunate time over just shipping them out, but I felt we'd be remiss if we didn't perform that extra step. They should all be fine once tested, and I don't expect to see any problems, so I expect it will be pretty soon here. UPS just started picking up from our location the other day, so we're able to get boxes out again.

I have no doubt that the R series will blow you away. The KX-R has always been to me the ideal design in a preamplifier. To me, a preamp in any system shouldn't make the sound more warm, or bright, or compensate for some other lacking in the system. It should be completely transparent to let the recording shine and any colorations found would need to be addressed elsewhere in the system. The KX-R does that better than anything else I've heard, and that was from back when I was just a technician at Ayre learning about this crazy world by listening to any system I could get my hands on. There's always preferences for each individual on the overall sound of the system, but it was hard to deny how completely transparent the KX-R was by anyone who heard it. Perhaps even more important, that transparency in all of our preamps remains even at low volume levels with Ayre's VGT method of volume control. The Twenty upgrade was actually a shock to Charley and I, as we both didn't believe that there was a way to make the original any better, and the KX-5 benefited from many of the elements we put into the KX-R as a result, but the KX-R represents a level that we simply couldn't afford at the KX-5s price point.

On an aside, the new place is very exciting for us. We've been cramped in an old former lawyer's office for years that was built back in the 70's and the whole place was a big labyrinth. That made building units, storing parts, and shipping a logistical nightmare that we've put up with for over 25 years! The new place has a nice linear layout with big manufacturing areas that will let us just move the products from one end of the room down the line to the other. Now that we're here, I wish we'd have moved 10 years ago.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:13 PM

Thx Ryan and congrats on the new place
Old 08-09-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Berry View Post

I have no doubt that the R series will blow you away. The KX-R has always been to me the ideal design in a preamplifier.
As a previous owner of a KX-R, I can honestly say I have NEVER heard a preamplifier as impressive as the KX-R. Wish I would have kept it but we all know how that goes, so many toys out there...
Old 08-10-2018, 08:48 AM

As most know, I get to listen to a TON Of cool gear. I"ve heard so many of the top pre's and that includes many of the very small brands. Each manufacturer, to me, often has one product that is IT. Synergy is so important etc... ,but the KX-R/20 is the best pre amp I've NOT HEARD to date. It was the same thing when I installed my Audioquest WEL interconnect on my QX5/20 into my AX5/20.

Transformative. I rarely say that about any component. I just had a similar situation when installing my AQ Hurricane power cords too. That has taken the level of both Ayre components to levels I've not heard yet.

KXR isn't there, but if you take it out, everything will collapse. The way they did the pre in the AX5/20 is similar in that it make this integrated about as good as any I've had in the room so far. That's why I own it. JMHO