AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 10-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
Translation: We forgot to include the manual.
I think you might be onto something there

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
I always wonder how you know if all that internal bracing has been adequately tightened, and some type of lock tight applied. If something inside came loose that would be one annoying, and expensive, rattle.
All I can say is, like no other loudspeaker i've ever seen; the Magico S5's are build like a brick outhouse inside and out! Reputedly quality assurance throughout the build process is legendary stuff. They just seem to be in an all fire hurry moving the things out of the factory (hence forgetting the manual).
Old 10-19-2013, 12:30 PM

Hi Toga,

I am sure you are having an audio heaven with q7. I am considering switch to Magico Q series and wonder before you made your decision have you ever had a chance to compare q5 vs q7 hence justify the huge price gap between those two? Best Regards.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:32 PM

Dear Toga,
Have been reading your Q7 journey with great interest.
The jumpers can make a substantial gain, and may steer your musical happiness to higher levels, i tell because i owned some VerityAudio speakers.

If you look for most of the advantages of the Nordost jumpers, but also more mid and meat on the bones, and even some more fluidness, then i heartedly suggest either Crystal Dreamline or the top of the line kimber 8AG / KS jumpers.

Those two cable suggestions will vary somewhat in character as well, but come close..
In both case they are a substantial step up from Nordost jumpers.
But without loosing much of what the Nordost do so well..

Another tip to try out, is the crossfeeding on terminals, here you put the original speaker spade at the plus terminal on high input, and the other original spade at minus terminal, from there you crossjump.

the rule of connecting to lower input with speakercables and jump to high section is no law at all. Just connect in a way which sounds best in your situation with regard to check for correct phase ( i admit to be fooling around once in while when hastedly connecting and so wrong phase ahum..)

I tried huge amount of different things with the Verity, two cables, even three separate cables, crossfeeding, biwire, triplewire, top to bottom, mid to bottom, etc etc.
In the end connecting at bottom, and using superb jumpers did it.

Last edited by 4RE; 04-26-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:19 PM

@No.95 I considered Q5 when I was buying Q3. But never when I was upgrading to Q7. Q5 is a tough load I heard, owners had to keep changing amps and end up with giant solid state. The other speakers that I considered before the Q7 came were.. Nothing. Ok ,long before this the Alexia,Maxx3, Stella Utopia, JBL DD66000, Tannoy Westminster Royal SE, Dynaudio Evidence Platinum, Sonja 1.3 were in my fantasy. But considering that I was happy with Q3 neutrality, I didn't want to take any risk to switch brand. So I went for Q7 straight and direct, no comparison have been made. Toga

Last edited by TOGA; 10-20-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
@No.95 I considered Q5 when I was buying Q3. But never when I was upgrading to Q7. Q5 is a tough load I heard, owners had to keep changing amps and end up with giant solid state. The other speakers that I considered before the Q7 come were.. Nothing. Ok ,long before this the Alexia,Maxx3, Stella Utopia, JBL DD66000, Tannoy Westminster Royal SE, Dynaudio Evidence Platinum, Sonja 1.3 were in my fantasy. But considering that I was happy with Q3 neutrality, I didn't want to take any risk to switch brand. So I went for Q7 straight and direct, no comparison have been made. Toga
I heard similar issues for driving Q5. I have ARC Ref 610t monos and listened to Q5 at a friend's system who also has Ref610t driving q5. Although it sounded marvellous, he told me q5 is hard load and pushes tubes to the limit. I did not listen to q7 yet, it seems easier to drive. Apart from being a harder load, I wonder if q5 is a mini q7 in terms of sonic capabilities or q7 a different beast with different tonality? (Or compared to q3 which you had, are tonality and neutrality similar?). Thank you for your feedback.
Happy Listenings.
Hakan

Last edited by Number95; 10-20-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:03 AM

Q7 have different tweeter, treble more refined than Q3 , everything else is much better, like bass, slam, staging, output.
But yes, at a price. Haven t heard Q5 for years, cannot give comment for that. But if I can turn back the clock, I will still
Upgrade from Q3 to Q7, no change of mind.
Toga
Old 10-20-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Q7 have different tweeter, treble more refined than Q3 , everything else is much better, like bass, slam, staging, output.
But yes, at a price. Haven t heard Q5 for years, cannot give comment for that. But if I can turn back the clock, I will still
Toga
What you are saying is a true reference for me. Thank you.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Toga
Toga,
you made the right move. Before ordering a pair of Magico Ultimate, I owned a pair of evolution acoustics MM3. When I decided to change them, I listened extensively to Q3, Q5 and Q7, with different amps and sources. Yes, the Q3 or Q5 are excellent speakers, that I would choose anytime against my MM3 or any speakers from Wilson or Sonus Faber for example. But the Q7 is in a class of its own, it does everything that the other Q do, but is doing everything 300% better. I would say that the difference between Q5 and Q7 is MUCH larger than between Q3 and Q5. Easiness to drive, bass slam, sense of ease, extremely low noise level, lower distortion, higher transparency, the Q7 is way better than any other speakers I have heard from any brands, except for the Magico Ultimate. I would say that the Q7 is just in a different league compared to any speakers I have heard below 300k (and I spent 2 years listening to most super high end speakers, from Rockport to Nola, TAD, Wilson, Gyia,S Faber, KEF, Lansche, Focal, Hansen, Estelon...). Put the Q7 in the same room as a pair of XLF and you are up for a good laugh!

Last edited by jazzman; 10-20-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:50 PM

Cool Jazzman,
Q7 are as far as I can go, I love the exciting form of Ultimate too, but these beauties will not be compatible with
Current electronic and cables, i think that could only be in my dream.
P.S. Please check my latest post for you regarding Magico SCC. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:12 AM

Well until there's a Q9 ....