AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 01-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Life is beautiful

I hope no high heels went into the woofers!

Happy New Year!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 01-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Happy New Year Apexorca / Carl, from Seattle USA.

I just began my New Year reading your multi-page journey.

Each box is checked as you answered the who, what, when where and why with very nice photos as support!

Your report on the journeys process is nothing short of amazing, you provided a lot of reference!

Oh, your site name; “Apex” “Orca”, I like it and we have several of these here in Puget Sound hunting Salmon and Seals assuming you are referring to the Orca Whales.

Best!
Old 01-01-2018, 11:57 AM

Happy New Year! Love the ballet!
Old 01-01-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Happy New Year Apexorca / Carl, from Seattle USA.

I just began my New Year reading your multi-page journey.

Each box is checked as you answered the who, what, when where and why with very nice photos as support!

Your report on the journeys process is nothing short of amazing, you provided a lot of reference!

Oh, your site name; “Apex” “Orca”, I like it and we have several of these here in Puget Sound hunting Salmon and Seals assuming you are referring to the Orca Whales.

Best!
Thank you very much!
I'v never been to Seattle but I think it's something Scandinavian about the area. The Weather, the people and the community. The sea is very present. But that's just a guess.

Apex has to do with my profession. I love the sea and spend a lot of
hollidays sailing and boating. Oh yeah, Orcinus Orca (Killer Whale) is a favorit animal and the name of may boat. I Also had a favorite driver named Wilson Orca, the same one John Daly hit the golfball with at the time.
For me my alias has a positive meaning about things in life that makes me happy.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Happy New Year! Love the ballet!
Thanx!
Me too...!

Last edited by Apexorca; 01-05-2018 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
Thanx!
Me to...!
Old 01-05-2018, 01:45 PM

My collection of Studer B67 have got o new member. This one is working better than all my others. A bit more wear on the chassis but the funktion is great.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:51 PM

I need a 3 meter powecable for my Studer. So far I'v used a very old no name cable.

Technicians told me that Studer does not need any special power cords. Yea, heard it before.

So I tried with a better one. Still on the very safe side of crazy expensive power cords and there was no doubt at all.

No name very vintage cable vs. Transparent Powerlink Super.

Better power cords makes the Studer sound better in my system with my ears.

Last edited by Apexorca; 04-23-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:17 PM

As you probably already know, the magnetic recording technique was developed by a Danish man .

"Valdemar Poulsen (23 November 1869 – 23 July 1942) was a Danish engineer who made significant contributions to early radio technology. He developed a magnetic wire recorder called the telegraphone in 1899 and the first continuous wave radio transmitter, the Poulsen arc transmitter, in 1903, which was used in some of the first broadcasting stations until the early 1920s."
"The first wire recorder was invented in 1898 by Danish engineer Valdemar Poulsen, who gave his product the trade name Telegraphone. Wire recorders for dictation and telephone recording were made almost continuously by various companies (mainly the American Telegraphone Company) through the 1920s and 1930s, but use of this new technology was extremely limited."

Danish company Lyrec started back in 1945 building Syncronous motors and later in 1950 their first tape recorder.

This company has always been Hi-End but the marketing department was not as good as in other companies. Lyrec mainly sold their tape recorders in Denmark, Sweden and other nearby countries.
Though their extremely high quality is widely known.
To find a Lyric is not that easy. Thera are few. Many of them are in good shape. Not that much used and great built with long lastning engineering.
Lyrec Frida is one of the last developed tape recorder in the world (early 1990's). Typical Danish design, a bit of B&O design I think. Rock solid quality. Quite small and just 12kg.
It's kind of a dream R2R-machine.

I suddenly crashed into one. I was deeply wounded and had to deal with the owner until he gave up.

This is Lyrec Frida mkII.

The sound is modern. Extreme control all over the range and very clean and high resolution. The bas is deep, hard and with great texture. Nothing is missed in the details. Airy sound. If you compere an old Studer C37 with tubes that has a great ambience and live like spice, Frida is more correct in a way but without missing the hart of the music. It's quite a different thing. Both really good but I think Frida is more all round and it adds less to the recording. The recording passes clean through Frida.
And Frida is a blast to operate. The feedback from all knobs and bottons are spot on.

Last edited by Apexorca; 04-23-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:15 PM

^^ You have ruined my freaking day!

I'm sure to spend the rest of it fending off an advanced state of RTR envy.

Beautiful deck. I just love it.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)