AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 01-22-2018, 11:51 PM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitared View Post
Is there a simple way to rip DSD from SACD without command line or scripts? I have an Oppo 105 and a load of SACD that I would like to transfer as DSD to my Aurender N100H

Not that I know of. Must use the ISO2DSD software and the SACD.exe script. But it is no harder than ripping CDs and copy/paste to your Aurender.
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 01-23-2018, 12:35 AM

Any links that I can look into for the exe file? Thanks in advance
Old 01-23-2018, 09:02 AM
Racing Hoopties

Default New Aurender N100H - total newbie Q's

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitared View Post
Any links that I can look into for the exe file? Thanks in advance

Within AA, search for the thread titled ‘Ripping SACDs, Possible?’ While it started in 2009, the last four or five pages are from 2016/17 and provide good insights.

The source of the actual scripts can be found on ‘computeraudiophile dot com’. Find the Software forum then search for the thread ‘SACD Ripping using OPPO or Pioneer? Yes, it’s true!’

It is a huge thread. Start at the first post by ted_b. For instructions. The second page has a post by ted_b that points to a Dropbox with the auto script. Make sure you get the autoscript for the SACD player you will use to rip. OPPO or Pioneer...

What SACD player and PC operating system will you use?

Good luck and start another thread here with further questions so this thread can get back on point.
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

Last edited by crwilli; 01-23-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Within AA, search for the thread titled ‘Ripping SACDs, Possible?’ While it started in 2009, the last four or five pages are from 2016/17 and provide good insights.

The source of the actual scripts can be found on ‘computeraudiophile dot com’. Find the Software forum then search for the thread ‘SACD Ripping using OPPO or Pioneer? Yes, it’s true!’

It is a huge thread. Start at the first post by ted_b. For instructions. The second page has a post by ted_b that points to a Dropbox with the auto script. Make sure you get the autoscript for the SACD player you will use to rip. OPPO or Pioneer...

What SACD player and PC operating system will you use?

Good luck and start another thread here with further questions so this thread can get back on point.

Thank you for the information, appreciated.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:43 PM

Would N100 owners please comment on the break-in period if any? My N100C has about 150 hours and although the sound quality is very good, I find it to be a bit fatiguing currently. My N100C is connected to a Yggy Dac (Gen 5) via an AQ Diamond usb cable. Thank you in advance and happy thanksgiving...
Old 11-22-2018, 05:48 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tie_breaker View Post
Would N100 owners please comment on the break-in period if any? My N100C has about 150 hours and although the sound quality is very good, I find it to be a bit fatiguing currently. My N100C is connected to a Yggy Dac (Gen 5) via an AQ Diamond usb cable. Thank you in advance and happy thanksgiving...
Aksel.......Since you own the Aurender N100C with the SPDIF output option, try using a digital coaxial cable between the music server and the Yggy as an alternative to the USB cable. In general I almost always prefer a coaxial connection over USB.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 11-22-2018, 09:14 PM

Hi Dan, thank you, I actually have both usb and spdif (WW Gold starlight 7) connected to the dac and have been listening to both interchangeably. I am curious to know if these units have a break in period during which the sound quality improves. Currently I hear great detail in mids and highs and tight low end. But the sound is a bit on the aggressive side and is a bit fatiguing. The digital cables I use are broken in. Thanks..
Old 11-22-2018, 09:56 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tie_breaker View Post
Hi Dan, thank you, I actually have both usb and spdif (WW Gold starlight 7) connected to the dac and have been listening to both interchangeably. I am curious to know if these units have a break in period during which the sound quality improves. Currently I hear great detail in mids and highs and tight low end. But the sound is a bit on the aggressive side and is a bit fatiguing. The digital cables I use are broken in. Thanks..
Aksel.......Before I wrote my Aurender N10 caching music server review I played the N10 continuously for 150 hours. At that time I considered the music server break-in complete, although my Aurender dealer informed me that the server would continue to have performance improvements up to 500 hours based on his personal experience with the two Aurender music servers he owned. I can tell you that at 150 hours I thought my N10 was sounding astonishing, but I must admit that as additional hours were logged the sound continued to open and the sound stage focus grew more dimensional.

You did not say how many hours are on your Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC, so it may be possible it is still going through the break-in process. Before I wrote the Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Review I logged 500 hours of continuous play on the DAC before I considered the break-in complete.

Both components definitely experience a transition in their performance as the hours pass, and there is no short cut to break-in. You have to log the hours. What you are describing as a sense of listener fatigue may simply be that these two source components are still settling into their permanent voices. Another point I'd like to make is you are not just listening to the N100C and the Yggy, you are listening to your entire sound system. There is a possibility that what you are experiencing may not be originating in those two components. Just something to consider. Perhaps a minor speaker placement adjustment may yield some positive improvements.

My suggestion at this time is to simply be patient. Continue to listen to and enjoy your sound system. Log as many hours on the Aurender N100C and the Yggdrasil as possible. Put the music serve on repeat and let a playlist feed a continuous signal to the Yggdradsil. Turn your amp off if you don't want to be listening but let the music server and DAC play. Leave both components energized 24 hours a day. That makes a difference in how they sound. I haven't turned off either of my Aurender music servers, or the Esoteric K-01X's DAC or the Yggdrasil DAC since putting them into the two systems. I keep them warm and ready to go. Hope this helps.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 11-23-2018, 12:32 AM

Dan thank you for your suggestions. My Yggy dac is almost a year old so it is well broken in. I will give the N100C more play time as you recommended.