AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Old 02-14-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
Gary and Rock, my dealer recommended that the stand alone DC-37 DAC has more inputs and is of much higher caliber than the plug in card option. But if I do go the E-470 way, I am going to get the AD30 Phono card, in case I want to spin vinyl sometimes.

Has anyone compared the option card Vs. stand alone DAC?
The DAC30 and DAC 40 option boards feature two AD1955 DACs (IIRC), which are quite good, very low noise, evenly musical. I have used the DAC30 and found it up to par even with a more expensive DAC, but the brickwall is 96/24 limit.

The DC-37 has the same DAC configuration as the DP-720 SACD, ESS9018, and I listen to this player every day, it's awesome.

Just on paper, the DC-37 is suited for computer playback, but I feel you do need a pre-amp between the DC-37 and a power amp. I'm sorry I don't have a turntable, so cannot comment on the AD30.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:25 AM

My advice is to go for an E-470 integrated amp and to pair it with the DP-550 player. IMO the DC-37 DAC is not very versatile in an full Accuphase system, at least not for the time being.

I am not sure how much you want to downsize your large rig, but if you will be ok with heaving 3 or 4 Accuphase boxes, I would strongly recommend you to buy the DG-58 unit and if possible also a PS-510 power conditioner. The DG-58 unit improves significantly the sound of any system as the Accuphase room correction procedure works very well. Furthermore, the DG-58 unit can also be used as a digital hub (albeit with fewer digital inputs) and has the same DACs as the DP-720 and DC-37 units. The PS-510 power conditioner will bring further improvements and beside protecting your whole system will also allow you to turn on your entire rig by pushing a single button.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Paul

Last edited by nvp; 02-24-2015 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvp View Post
My advice is to go for an E-470 integrated amp and to pair it with the DP-550 player. IMO the DC-37 DAC is not very versatile in an full Accuphase system, at least not for the time being.

I am not sure how much you want to downsize your large rig, but if you will be ok with heaving 3 or 4 Accuphase boxes, I would strongly recommend you to buy the DG-58 unit and if possible also a PS-510 power conditioner. The DG-58 unit improves significantly the sound of any system as the Accuphase room correction procedure works very well. Furthermore, the DG-58 unit can also be used as a digital hub (albeit with fewer digital inputs) and has the same DACs as the DP-720 and DC-37 units. The PS-510 power conditioner will bring further improvements and beside protecting your whole system will also allow you to turn on your entire rig by pushing a single button.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Paul
What a brilliant recommendation! Thank you. But I just received the DC-37 yesterday and trying to get E-470 is like ordering a grand complication from Patek Phileppe! I have to wait till my order for E-470 arrives. Once I like the sound of Accuphase, I can move onto next phase. If I get DG-58, it should be easy to unload DC-37, since our list in Canada is same as yours plus the discount we can get. At present our dollar is 80 cents US. So it would be a bargain for someone in US.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:48 PM

Hi Banter, I have seen only now the "Unpacking DC-37" thread you have started a few days ago. I am sorry my reply here came too late.

If you already have the DC-37 DAC and plan to keep it, then buying a DG-48/58 unit is not a good idea. The DC-37 DAC does not have the "External DSP" loop connections for DG units, and as such one can not use a DG unit to correct the sound of the various digital sources connected to the DC-37 DAC. The only possibility would be to use the DG unit as the digital hub, which would be strange given how much more versatile the DC-37 DAC is.

Last edited by nvp; 02-25-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvp View Post
Hi Banter, I have seen only now the "Unpacking DC-37" thread you have started a few days ago. I am sorry my reply here came too late.

If you already have the DC-37 DAC and plan to keep it, then buying a DG-48/58 unit is not a good idea. The DC-37 DAC does not have the "External DSP" loop connections for DG units, and as such one can not use a DG unit to correct the sound of the various digital sources connected to the DC-37 DAC. The only possibility would be to use the DG unit as the digital hub, which would be strange given how much more versatile the DC-37 DAC is.
Thanks again nvp. Now I understand the dilemma behind lack of “External DSP loop connection” on DC-37. If I do decide to go the DG route, I will make sure I have a buyer for the DC-37 before I order the DG unit.

But first I have to get my E-470!