AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 12-28-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-10 Viper View Post
Serge, Wow looks and sounds great even on my IPAD... I've spent time listening over 3 occasions the Alexia's breaking in.... You are in for a great treat. The bass really improves as well as the overall coherence of the speaker.

Thanks for sharing... I am getting the itch for mine to arrive end of January, but this helps me endure ; )
Chuck, not that much longer for your pair!

You are right, I came down to listen one more time before turning the system off for the night and wow... the bass was energizing the room on the same track very differently from this morning. There is some breaking in going on for sure. They sound incredible!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:13 AM

Serge; I am vicariously living through your install and break-in... I am sure it's sounding great! Can't wait for mine!!! keep the reviews / pictures coming,

2CH: D’Agostino Momentum's, Audio Research REF40, Wilson Alexia's, SME 30/2, ARC REF2 SE, Meridian 808V5, Transparent REF XL

HT: B&W 800Ds, HTM1D, B&W 802N, (2) Mc 601's MC 303, (2) JL F113s, Meridian 861V8, Sony VPL-VW500ES 4K projector, 120" Stewart SST 130, Oppo 93, 65 inch Panasonic.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:00 AM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt-10 viper View Post
serge; i am vicariously living through your install and break-in... I am sure it's sounding great! Can't wait for mine!!! Keep the reviews / pictures coming,
+1 :d
Old 12-28-2012, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I don't think it is a problem. I am pretty sure I did a much better job than the delivery team would have. Now, having Peter come over would be great!
I suggest you review the Warranty terms in your owners manual.

How do you know you did a better installation job? Did you receive WASP trainning from WA?

If the speakers are still sitting on the casters, the installation isn't complete.

You can't properly level the speakers while they're still on the casters.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap View Post
I suggest you review the Warranty terms in your owners manual.

How do you know you did a better installation job? Did you receive WASP trainning from WA?

If the speakers are still sitting on the casters, the installation isn't complete.

You can't properly level the speakers while they're still on the casters.
Are you the warranty police?

Thanks for pointing out the obvious but here goes... I did not imply the installation was "complete" and no, they are not spiked yet. I would never spike a speaker before it is fully broken in anyways. I've owned enough new speakers, Wilson's included to know better than to spike a brand new speaker on the day of delivery. The bass quality alone changed drastically in the first 24 hrs I've had them... They will need to be repositioned for sure.

It will be a while before I spike them as I will spend more time breaking them in and only then actually have the WASP trained guys stop by to give me a hand finalizing everything. I would like Peter to be here when that happens if we can work that out. The delivery team are simply warehouse guys and are not audio trained nor did I ask for anything more for reasons stated above. They sound simply amazing on casters in the mean time.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:54 PM

really???

a guy with 7 posts is criticizing the way SERGE sets up his speakers?

unbelievable.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two dot View Post
really???

a guy with 7 posts is criticizing the way SERGE sets up his speakers?

unbelievable.
Completely acceptable and even expected on just about every other audio forum in the universe. Of course here on AA we are a much friendlier bunch but the new guys may have a hard time adjusting in the beginning or even believing their eyes of how friendly a forum can be. Everyone is an expert in their own mind and a critic as well when it comes to audio.

JAP missed my humor on the "delivery expertise" of the warehouse guys. They were super nice and professional but not in audio sales or trained for setting up speakers. I did not want anyone setting up the Alexia except for yours truly. I think I deserve to have the final say in that after writing a check for them. Besides, after being in this hobby for over 25 years and often hearing systems that were set up far from optimal on the showroom floor of various high end stores, and being able to improve on that, yes, I am also a LEGEND in my own mind.... That is of course unless Peter McGrath or Bill Peugh are in the same room with me!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
yes, I am also a LEGEND in my own mind.... That is of course unless Peter McGrath or Bill Peugh are in the same room with me!
Serge,

You are a legend in my own mind as well. Congratulations again. Beautiful setup.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
Serge,

You are a legend in my own mind as well. Congratulations again. Beautiful setup.
Thanks Joe! I am expecting you to drop by for a visit after the holidays! We can critique my setup together!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:

Thanks Joe! I am expecting you to drop by for a visit after the holidays! We can critique my setup together!
I would love to hear your setup. I am eager to hear the new Alexia. I hope to demo a Momentum Stereo amp at some point next year.