AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netroamer View Post
I just spent a considerable amount of time reviewing his Ebay listings and feedback. If I had no read this post, frankly, I would have been tempted to buy something, with the reservation that he did handle the complaints very poorly with comments like "Cry Baby" and "Liar" often used. But the amount of positive feedback is truly puzzling.
Hey, he can do a lot of little transactions right and then just skim the big ones. Nice business model.

JIm
Old 08-12-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Hey, he can do a lot of little transactions right and then just skim the big ones. Nice business model.

JIm
I would agree, had there not been a fair amount of pricey sales. I certainly not defending MSS HiFI but I am amazed at how they can fool so many, so often.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:15 PM

At this point in the game with that much $$ invested I would be hopping on a plane and paying him a visit.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:11 PM
World's Oldest Audiophile

Over the past few years, I conducted three separate transactions with J. Boey and they went off without a hitch. All three where relatively high dollar.

I guess he picks and chooses who he is going to

.................................................. ..........

And, I just happened to be one of the lucky ones.

I have a record player and a cd player and some other stuff that sounds pretty good.

MAIN SYSTEM: . . . Audio Physic Caldera III Loudspeakers, Spectral DMC 30SL Preamp, Spectral DMA 250 Amp, Spectral/MIT interconnects and speaker cable, Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable, Walker Precision Speed Controller, Graham tonearm, [B]Koetsu Rosewood or Grado Statement 1 Cartridges, PASS - X-ono Phono Stage, Esoteric K03 CD/SACD Player, Lexicon RT-20 Universal Player, Exact Power EP-15A & SP-15A power regeneration and conditioning devices. Symposium Acoustics Svelte pads & RollerBlock Jr's under speakers. ASC Tube Traps, Arcici Suspense Rack System, OPPO and Cambridge Streaming Devices.

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM: . . . Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento Speakers, JL Audio F112 Sub, McIntosh MA7000 Integrated Amp, McIntosh MVP871 Universal Disc Player, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player, VPI Scoutmaster with periphery ring clamp, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Koetsu Pro IV, or Clearaudio Discovery Cartridges, Mark Levinson No. 25s phono stage, Wadia 170i Transport with a Meridian Bitstream 203 DAC, VPI HW-17 Pro Record Cleaning Machine, Five Richard Gray RGPC 400 devices scattered around the two systems, Arcici Suspense Rack System, Discovery Essence and Essential Cables, 14,000 ± LPs .
Old 08-12-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
Right. I was curious to see if there was any event and "apology" for the representative from BCD not being there. Amazing that the blog still said it was happening!

Interesting that the MSS HIFI blog no longer mentions the relationship with Bel Canto. Looks like it was removed.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
Interesting that the MSS HIFI blog no longer mentions the relationship with Bel Canto. Looks like it was removed.
I'd be willing to bet anything attorneys and a real threat of litigation were involved with removal of any mention of Bel Canto in their blogs. That is what it is going to take to get any action from MSS HIFI and they did respond quickly in regards to Bel Canto.

Last edited by mosttoysrsk; 08-12-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosttoysrsk View Post
I'd be willing to bet anything attorneys and a real threat of litigation were involved with removal of any mention of Bel Canto in their blogs. That is what it is going to take to get any action from MSS HIFI and the did respond quickly in Bel Canto's case.
Kudos to Dan and others for reaching out to Bel Canto and letting them know that their name was being mentioned on the MSS HIFI site and for letting Bel Canto know about this thread!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:43 AM

Default Here they are!

This guy is a real work. 2 Mc 1.2 Kw on the bay!!
Bid at your own risk!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:25 PM

They are those he has not sent to me.
He sells the same things two times (if he owns them . . .).
Realy a thief !
Old 08-15-2011, 07:30 PM

Default MSS HiFi Took My Money

Hi
I am Dave Wasserman, owner of stereo exchange in NYC
I read many pages of this thread and I can shed some light on what has happened
Stereo Exchange is an authorized Mcintosh dealer (and also a Bel Canto dealer)
1) MSS is not an authorized Mcintosh dealer and could never have sent the amps to Mcintosh for conversion. That is a flat out lie
Mcintosh would not convert current amplifiers to 230v for any dealer. They sell those amplifiers through their foreign distributors only
They strictly prohibit any US dealer from making sales via mail order to customers outside of the dealers market area and definterly not abroad
2) Stereo Exchange has never had a strategic alliance with MSS HiFi or Johnny Boey and never will. Another complete lie
3) Legal action both as a civil suit and pressing authorities with criminal complaints is the only thing that will work
It must be perfectly obvious to anyone who has read this thread and all the other comments about MSS HiFi that Boey could care less about good will and making customers happy. It appears that at one time there were legitimiate transactions done by JB but those days are long gone
It is certainly a shame that many audiophiles have been duped by him. The only remedy is for the word to spread far and wide so that as many people as possible know of his actions
To support his business with purchases or sales of used to him is to ultimately hurt every honest person out there so I urge all of you to never do business with him and soon enough he will disappear
Closed Thread