AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 11-02-2016, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad.Wagner View Post
Interesting suggestion.

What type of cable would be needed into the PS8 to keep the magic? Would I need another Sigma HC20? I think my Venom HC is only 10 gauge, but my Sigma HC is 6 gauge. What gauge are the wires in the PS8?
The ALPHA-HC has the best cost/performance ratio. It is sufficient to extract maximum performance from the PS8.

To maintain a continuous 20A rating - a minimum of 12 gauge is required. The internal PS8 wiring consists of dual 12 gauge for an aggregate 09 gauge.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:44 AM

Default Better w/ time....

Thus far the Denali seems to be better after a few weeks. Very rich & Fluid.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
Yes, due to the units being 240v schuko, it will be a different build-out internally. The new filters Caelin developed are massive. Instead of 2 of these unique filters in the US Denali models, there will be 4 of the filters in the Eiger models. There are other internal and chassis/metal-work differences that make the EU model worthy of its own designation. Hydra Eiger will cost slightly more based on our added cost in material and labor. The same has been true with the Hydra Triton and v2. This unit is different enough that we decided it should have its own designation.

Best regards,

Grant
Since Eiger is going to be more expensive than Denali, could not consider, an Eiger 1000 T model, for those who have stereo amplifier?
Old 12-06-2016, 01:48 PM

Default DENALI Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
Since Eiger is going to be more expensive than Denali, could not consider, an Eiger 1000 T model, for those who have stereo amplifier?
Francisco,

What do you mean by Eiger 1000. Do you mean a single outlet device?
If so, many people are using the D2000/T for a single component.
It is not less expensive for us to make a single outlet Denali versus a 2-outlet.
For example many people with mono-block amplifiers are using one each D2000/T for the amplifiers.

We have decided not to rebadge the Denali for Europe. The EU Denali will also be called Denali. Although there are many internal differences - the chassis of the EU Denali will be the same as the US version except for the back panel, of course.

We will also offer all three models for the EU: D6000/T, D6000/S and D2000/T

Since DC offset is a big problem in Europe: The EU Denali may be offered with an optional DC Blocker circuit.

We have prototypes of the EU Denali in the process of being CE certified. We anticipate shipping EU Denali early next year.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
Francisco,

It is not less expensive for us to make a single outlet Denali versus a 2-outlet.
For example many people with mono-block amplifiers are using one each D2000/T for the amplifiers.

We have decided not to rebadge the Denali for Europe. The EU Denali will also be called Denali. Although there are many internal differences - the chassis of the EU Denali will be the same as the US version except for the back panel, of course.

Since DC offset is a big problem in Europe: The EU Denali may be offered with an optional DC Blocker circuit.

We have prototypes of the EU Denali in the process of being CE certified. We anticipate shipping EU Denali early next year.
Hi, thanks for your response.
Yes, I was referring to a single outlet, in the belief that it might be cheaper.
Since the cost of manufacturing is the same, two better than one.
In fact, we have a good problem with DC Offset. I was not conscious
While I had Audio Research amplifiers, but when I switched to Constellation,
The transformer made a big hum. Fortunately I could solve it,
With an Isotek Syncro, but it would not be bad to fix it with a Denali (all in one).

If you were so kind, I would like to know why, when switching voltages, there are
That make so many internal changes. And if the SQ is the same.
Thank you
Old 12-06-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
Hi, thanks for your response.
Yes, I was referring to a single outlet, in the belief that it might be cheaper.
Since the cost of manufacturing is the same, two better than one.
In fact, we have a good problem with DC Offset. I was not conscious
While I had Audio Research amplifiers, but when I switched to Constellation,
The transformer made a big hum. Fortunately I could solve it,
With an Isotek Syncro, but it would not be bad to fix it with a Denali (all in one).

If you were so kind, I would like to know why, when switching voltages, there are
That make so many internal changes. And if the SQ is the same.
Thank you
Some EU countries have two energized lines instead of a hot and a neutral. In the US we have a L1(hot) and an L2(neutral). In some other countries there is a L1(hot) and L2(hot) lines. Additionally, the Schuko connector can be arbitrarily flipped as to oriemtation. This necessitates double the number of MED filters for the EU models. In addition the EU models have single outlets as opposed to duplex outlets which makes wiring more difficult amd complex.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:38 PM

I dare not ask about UK models...
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 12-11-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Francisco,

Very good news Caelin! Thanks for continuing the development! I live in the Netherlands and the DC offset problem with my Constellation amp has gotten worse! Hope that it will be available soon in Europe!!!

BTW, do you also offer the DC-offset blocker as a separate unit?

Greetings, Gerard

Last edited by GerardJ; 12-11-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:22 AM

I bought the D2000 to try the arrest the high gain issues my goldmund monos have in its pairing with the ARC pre amp...

My current uncomfortable solution was to not ground the power cables of the power amp which made me a little fearful..

Sadly, it's didn't solve the issues which I suspected all along...

The positive part is that the difference is fairly substantial with the monoblocks into the D2000.... Tighter Low end and better instrument separation. And the difference is almost immediate... the improvements are fairly substantial to make me accept the matching flaws...it's that good...
Old 02-03-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Francisco,

Caelin, can you already indicate when shipping to Europe will be possible? And will you also introduce a separate DC-blocker device, and if so, will its price point be below $1500...?
I need this DC-filter! I can hardly wait...
Regards, Gerard