AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 PM

Just wanted to add a bit of my own experience...I had in my home, in my system, an older Monbrison for a few weeks about a year and a half ago, before putting my newer model back in. The newer one was a fair bit better - sounding more like the typical Shindo house sound (more textured, more depth, more sense of ease, seemingly better balance of timing allocated to leading edge of notes vs. body of notes vs. decay of notes).

It wasn't a subtle difference, the new one was a lot better - but that was intentional IMHO, as a few years back the price went up by $2K and my untrained eye feels like there's a higher level of parts selection that goes into the new Monbrison than the previous generation.

This isn't to side with anybody here - I'm not trying to sell anything or suck up to anybody - it was just my experience with the 2 units.

One area though where the older one seemed a bit better: it's phono stage was a bit quieter.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:30 PM

To answer the question about the Vosne-Romanee L. It is a totally different preamp than the Vosne-Romanee. Shindo often uses the same name for various products such as three Corton-Charlemagne's currently in the line, the three Aurieges etc. I have never asked him to explain his naming so at the moment, I can't give any further explanation.

The same names apply to:
Vosne-Romanee
Vosne-Romanee L

Corton-Charlemagne
Corton-Charlemagne 80
Corton-Charlemagne Q

Aurieges
Aurieges-L
Aurieges Phono EQ

Its nothing new for Shindo, it has been going on for quite a few years. Only the Aurieges and Aurieges-L are rather similar. Aurieges Phono EQ is unrelated.

Jonathan
Old 01-11-2014, 01:03 PM

Jonathan, thanks for letting us know. Are the tubes used the same as the standard version?
Old 01-11-2014, 03:06 PM

No, they are not.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:39 PM

thanks Neil
Old 01-13-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyljh View Post
To answer the question about the Vosne-Romanee L. It is a totally different preamp than the Vosne-Romanee. Shindo often uses the same name for various products such as three Corton-Charlemagne's currently in the line, the three Aurieges etc. I have never asked him to explain his naming so at the moment, I can't give any further explanation.

The same names apply to:
Vosne-Romanee
Vosne-Romanee L

Corton-Charlemagne
Corton-Charlemagne 80
Corton-Charlemagne Q

Aurieges
Aurieges-L
Aurieges Phono EQ

Its nothing new for Shindo, it has been going on for quite a few years. Only the Aurieges and Aurieges-L are rather similar. Aurieges Phono EQ is unrelated.

Jonathan

When I ordered my aurieges I received one of the early single box units in the US serial number 022 from what I saw internally it wasn't dramatically different when compared to the double box version.
MAIN SYSTEM: Shindo Masseto, (2) Accuphase A30's, Arcam DV29, Transrotor Darkstar, Jelco 750, CA DaVinci, Audience AU24SE, JL F-112, Totem Winds. Ricchard Gray OFFICE SYSTEM: Mac C26, Mac 2505, accuphase T-100, Marrantz, Technics SL1400MkII, CA 2002, Tandberg 10X, Nak 680ZX. Fried R3 signature (owned since new) HT: Arcam AVR600, Mrantz UD7007, Panasonic 65" VT50, Dali Helicon 7.0 (2) JL F-110, DAILY TV VIEWING: (In build phase)Panasonic 58" pro series Totem tribe 5.1 Arcam AVR300 (temp) DV88,Sony BR GAMING SYSTEM: Runco XP50DHD, Arcam AVR250, Dali Mentor 5.1, Xbox 360 .Too much more to list
Old 02-07-2014, 07:59 PM

Just wondering is the Corton-Charlemagne 80 good matching with Aurieges-L? Can someone out there who owns this system provide feedback as I'm very interested to buy this combination. Ta.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitweebs View Post
Just wondering is the Corton-Charlemagne 80 good matching with Aurieges-L? Can someone out there who owns this system provide feedback as I'm very interested to buy this combination. Ta.
I don't know your budget but if you are going to spend the money on the CC80s
you should consider stepping up the pre amp ladder. With Shindo, the magic is in the pre amp.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:55 PM

Long time since last post here in this topic but let’s try
I found Audioaficionado as a place where Shindo fans have their own place.
Many information about Shindo products and advices. Read almost all. Really nice to see that!
Few weeks ago I got my first contact with Shindo.
I was looking for a pre for my AirTight ATM-211 mono blocks. I spent hours, hundreds of hours to get something special, trying to get best of them.
Matching AirTight, Lamm, Leben, Reimyo, CAT, New Audio Frontiers, some diy 45 DHT tube preamplifiers - it was a great time but...having read about Shindo many times I decided to give it a try when I saw an old Aurieges for sale.
What you All can expect it was one of those moments which you are looking for in our hobby. After few hours I knew I found something special.
I am using only line input for my ARC CD, so not the best what Shindo is known for but those two green small boxes just gave me a hope that there are still exceptions, that there are products that connect you with music instead of something trying to pretend it. Strong words but almost everything sounded artificial when compared with entry level of Shindo.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:37 AM

I`m looking to try the Aurieges with my Pass Labs XA25. Has anyone heard this pairing? Thanks.