AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Turntables & Vinyl > Vinyl & Accessories

Vinyl & Accessories Food for the Soul

Old 12-17-2016, 09:44 PM

Default Pink Floyd Vinyl

What is your favorite Pink Floyd vinyl album; I have every CD but am specifically curious about vinyl and am mostly curios about the sound quality........

I love the delicate sound of thunder vinyl album and have two of them, one that has never been opened since 1988. They are hard to find..... but its my favorite.

Please give me your thoughts.
Sonus Faber Amati Faturas / JL Audio 13.5” Fanthom In Wall Subs / McIntosh C52 / McIntosh MCD 1100 / McIntosh MEN 220 / McIntosh MC 601’s / McIntosh MPC 1500 / McIntosh MT 5 / McIntosh MC 275’s / Luxman AS-55 Amp Selector / Silenzo (This thing is Amazing) / Gold Lion Tubes from Vintage Tube

All items in green were bought thru the AA marketplace and blue from a current AA retailer
Old 12-17-2016, 10:10 PM
Music Lover!

For me probably Meddle, Obscured By Clouds also kicks ass, after that probably Wish You Were Here, or Animals. Momentary Lapse Of Reason, is also very nice.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
For me probably Meddle, Obscured By Clouds also kicks ass, after that probably Wish You Were Here, or Animals. Momentary Lapse Of Reason, is also very nice.

Thanks I will pick up a couple of those [emoji106]....... What do you think of "The Wall" and "Division Bell" on vinyl?
Sonus Faber Amati Faturas / JL Audio 13.5” Fanthom In Wall Subs / McIntosh C52 / McIntosh MCD 1100 / McIntosh MEN 220 / McIntosh MC 601’s / McIntosh MPC 1500 / McIntosh MT 5 / McIntosh MC 275’s / Luxman AS-55 Amp Selector / Silenzo (This thing is Amazing) / Gold Lion Tubes from Vintage Tube

All items in green were bought thru the AA marketplace and blue from a current AA retailer
Old 12-17-2016, 11:32 PM
Music Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfray View Post
Thanks I will pick up a couple of those [emoji106]....... What do you think of "The Wall" and "Division Bell" on vinyl?
The Wall, not enough great songs on it, for to me to keep anymore in my collection, I've heard it so many times, excellent album though.

Division Bell, a couple/few songs I like on it, again, not enough... Might be hard to find on vinyl (original), not sure

Another really good album is Ummagumma, especially the live stuff.

If you like guitar, get David Gilmour's first solo album, very spacy, excellent player, awesome tone/note selection on his playing.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:46 PM

I love Division Bell on Vinyl.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:34 AM

For me its the Pulse vinyl box set. I also like the Wall very much and The Final Cut. With a surname of Gilmour how could I not love the Floyd (no relation btw).
Old 12-18-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
The Wall, not enough great songs on it, for to me to keep anymore in my collection, I've heard it so many times, excellent album though.

Division Bell, a couple/few songs I like on it, again, not enough... Might be hard to find on vinyl (original), not sure

Another really good album is Ummagumma, especially the live stuff.

If you like guitar, get David Gilmour's first solo album, very spacy, excellent player, awesome tone/note selection on his playing.

Thanks and I will look at the Ummagumma album!

Old 12-18-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGremlin View Post
For me its the Pulse vinyl box set. I also like the Wall very much and The Final Cut. With a surname of Gilmour how could I not love the Floyd (no relation btw).

Hmmm..... I don't own the the Pulse box set on CD or vinyl. Will have to try it out! Thanks for the recommendation

Old 12-18-2016, 03:25 PM

Dark side of the moon.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 12-18-2016, 03:36 PM

Pulse is an analogue recording mixed at Astoria in QSound, mastered at The Mastering Lab. Love the vinyl but haven't heard it on CD's yet.