AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 01-19-2017, 12:19 AM

i recently received my triode wires labs speaker cables for my new home that required a 21' run. Had toyed with the idea of going back to kubala sosna, Heimdal 2, Yter (no length available), audionote (which i loved and was what i using, but wasn't long enough) and transparent music wave. Am really glad i chose triode as the sound stage, pace, and transparency is very very good. whilst i have not compared it (due to length needed at my new home) with any other cables, the music i listened to was certainly as open and enjoyable, if not more so, than the others i had tried. At the price Peter charges, i remain astounded and satisfied with the purchase. There was every detail available with a lovely decay even on poorer recordings. i am really loving this cable, and not just for its price.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:42 AM

I've heard great things about this manufacturer.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlu View Post
most folks don't know... But julian was the first to have mobile communications. :d

lol!!!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:30 PM

I've used "better cables" speaker wire and interconnects for the last few years and like them. But I always wonder if I could get more out of my system with something else. I've kept an eye on Cardas and Shunyata Research. The Anaconda from Shunyata is appealing because it seems to be a hell of a bargain.. if one can say that about a 4,000 speaker cable. Many of the competitors top of the line cables are 3-4x that.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:40 AM

Nice thread. I am going to purchase a few cables to compare them to the WW Gold IC and Silver SC.
Wilson Audio Alexia + Mezzo | Dan D'Agostino Momentum PRE & S250 | Esoteric P02x & D02x | Torus AVR2-16 | Marantz AV8805 | Panasonic UB9000 | Bryston 7B3 & 9BSST2 | ScreenTechnics 125" 2.37 Screen | JVC X7900 | Krix A20 (4) | JL Audio F113 (2)
Old 02-28-2017, 02:59 PM

I'll add Core Power Technologies, their Equi=Core lineup gives you a chance to try Balanced Power at a fraction of the cost of what the technology used to cost. Basically it is a cord and a proprietary transformer that splits the 120V into 2 out of phase 60V halves, and when they are recombined the non zero summed noise is drained to ground, lowering the noise floor dramatically. I've tried the E=Q 300, good for 300 watts, on my front end and I'm enjoying a much lower noise floor so low level details are significantly more audible, and that might be why my soundstage is both wider and deeper and nicely layered. Their trial policy is very generous, 30 days in home, and if you don't like it, shipping is free both ways when you return it. My results are so positive, I'm going to try the E=Q 1800 and plug my entire system into it and use the E=Q300 on my TV. Unlike some other cords/conditioners I've tried, the CPT stuff doesn't squish or diminish dynamic swings, it just does good things at a reasonable cost.