AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Shooting Sports

Shooting Sports Guns & Ammo

Old 10-15-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
Does this mean to imply that the number if murders would decrease if the gun laws were not as strict? As in, if it were easier for everyone, and not just "bad guys," to have guns, there would be fewer murders?

The problem with the violence in Chicago is not that bad guys are doing this because they aren't afraid of someone shooting back. The violent crime, though an absolute epidemic, islet gelt confined to certain areas. This is not to say that it is totally confined, but that certain areas are much MUCH worse than others. Yes, there are homicides in my part of town, but not at the rate that you see in the news.

In any event, to your point (I think), most people who do the shooting in these crimes know that there is a very high probability that someone is going to shoot back. The problem is not that there aren't enough guns, it is that there are way too many.

Enforce the gun laws in the books, as the NRA says. Uhhhh.... Yeah. Good luck with that. Do that in the morning and win the war on drugs in the evening and it is a full day.

The causes underlying the violence are well beyond simple guns laws. It is true, however, that strict gun laws did not solve any problems.
Hi Kev. Sorry for using Chicago as my whipping post. As you stated in your last sentence, the problems in Chicago, and around the world for that matter, are far beyond simple gun laws. And you are correct in saying that there is no proof that loosening gun laws in Chicago would accomplish anything there.

As you have probably assumed I'm the guy that says guns don't kill people, people kill people. As you might be tired of hearing the NRA defending guns rights I get just as tired of hearing the gun is the main problem. But in today's society we are not allowed to touch upon the roots of the problems in this country.

I love the smell of new equipment in the morning. Smell, that burning in smell, all over the room, smells like ... Victory.