AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 06-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
The point was he was just being as exclusionary as the magazine. Tubes, vinyl and certain types of music were not relevant to him, so he cancelled his subscription.
Jim.......Good point. I get it now.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 06-14-2009, 05:47 AM
Old & New - Carpe Diem

So it is ok to take his tact because he is dissatisfied with the magazines content and point of view? Just say so and do not renew. There is no need to dish the rest of the readership because the magazine is not relevant to him! Poor taste and poor manners are a testament to one's character in my world. I am older than him, but not an old fart, and have a more open mind than most. The letter of a different point of view was in the July issue not the June issue FWIW.
I will agree to disagree on this one,
Jim
Old 06-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Formerly Gaucho1

I subscribed to HiFi News via Zinio.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Actually, there are two letters of rebuttal in July's Stereophile to Gilbert's letter. I liked the first letter, where the gentleman called Gilbert an abusive, arrogant oaf.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 06-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Old & New - Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
I am trying to figure out what you mean.

Is he a nice young man because he likes the music you like.
Is he a nice young man because he 25 and a "vinyl collector" for five years?
Is he a nice young man because he "shows respect for my elders"
Is he nice because you he states that that we will all eventually "grow up" and enjoy playing vinyl, listening to classical music and enjoy "pleasing to the ear second order harmonics" with tubes.
Is he nice because his writing skills allow him to get his point across without profanity?

Many here who posted did not get the point of why I posted the original letter. We wonder why 95% of the world do not understand Audiophiles. (A term I am not sure I really know what it means) Audiophiles in general are exclusionary. Too many audiophiles sit around only listening to music that sounds good on their system. Many Audiophiles try to jam their opinions and likes and dislikes down the throats of others. The point was he was just being as exclusionary as the magazine. Tubes, vinyl and certain types of music were not relevant to him, so he cancelled his subscription.
I stated the rebuttal was nice not the young man. I thought his tone in the letter was more acceptable that's all.
Regards,
Jim
Old 06-14-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoove View Post
I stated the rebuttal was nice not the young man. I thought his tone in the letter was more acceptable that's all.
Regards,
Jim
Sorry. I see that I did in fact misread your initial post.

Jim