AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > PS Audio

PS Audio Delivering the experience since 1974

Old 08-23-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Ted, excellent review of your latest acquisition. I'm so glad once again to be able to assist you in getting closer to perfection.
Ivan, you are a big help - thanks, again. I've been inoculated recently, but I'm not sure how long its effective, so I'll have to be careful and get plenty of rest, eat the right foods, exc.. Ultimately though, its a matter of character and self-control, and I have none of those qualities, so I'm probably doomed! Ted.

Magico Q3 plus S-Pods, Spectral DMA-500AR, DMC-30SV pre, Esoteric F-03a, Esoteric S-05, Esoteric P02X, N-01XD,
Cybershaft OP21A-D, Roon Nucleus Plus w/S-Booster LPS, Uptone Audio EtherRegen w/ LPS-1.2, MIT Oracle MA-X V2's, Oracle SHD-120 V2, Shunyata Sigma Clock 50’s, Sigma Ethernet’s, Alpha USB-V2, Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI's, MIT Oracle Z-III PC's, Z Power Bar Conditioner, Coherence Systems ADD-Powr Sorcer X4, EAU2, Furutech Flux 50 filters, GTX-D rhodium outlets, service sub panel w/ 4-30 amp dedicated circuits, Stillpoints Ultra 6, Ultra 5, Ultra SS, HRS Damping Plates, Cable Isolators, Sony XBR75ZH8.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Oh Ted. Poor, poor Ted.

You have the LuFlu. You still have a way to go before it runs its course.

Jim
I am aware of the infection and am taking steps to control the fever!
I dream of 2301's and Sonus Faber Amati's, but other than that, I am symptom free!Ted.

Magico Q3 plus S-Pods, Spectral DMA-500AR, DMC-30SV pre, Esoteric F-03a, Esoteric S-05, Esoteric P02X, N-01XD,
Cybershaft OP21A-D, Roon Nucleus Plus w/S-Booster LPS, Uptone Audio EtherRegen w/ LPS-1.2, MIT Oracle MA-X V2's, Oracle SHD-120 V2, Shunyata Sigma Clock 50’s, Sigma Ethernet’s, Alpha USB-V2, Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI's, MIT Oracle Z-III PC's, Z Power Bar Conditioner, Coherence Systems ADD-Powr Sorcer X4, EAU2, Furutech Flux 50 filters, GTX-D rhodium outlets, service sub panel w/ 4-30 amp dedicated circuits, Stillpoints Ultra 6, Ultra 5, Ultra SS, HRS Damping Plates, Cable Isolators, Sony XBR75ZH8.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
Take 2 very expensive speakers and call us in the morning...
I will if you promise to share the name of that blond in your avatar!Ted.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:09 PM

Ted...congrats and thanks for sharing your experience with the PPP and Wireworld PCs. I hope you enjoy the newly elevated system's performance for a long time to come before the LuFlu reasserts itself and we see the 2301s and SF Amatis in your signature line
Old 08-23-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbird View Post
I dream of 2301's and Sonus Faber Amati's, but other than that, I am symptom free!Ted.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 08-23-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jason.......I can highly recommend the Wireworld Silver Electra power cables. I am presently using 14 of the 2 meter WW SE power cables, and was convinced of their sonic improvements the minute I put the first two on my MC501 amplifiers and began to play music.

My recommendation to you is purchase two Wireworld Silver Electra power cables in two meter length to start. Put one one your Power Plant Premier, and the other on your MC402. If you plan to purchase only one to begin with, then move the GA power cable from your amp to the PPP, and install the new Wireworld Silver Electra on the power amp. I feel certain you will be quite impressed with how the bottom two octaves will gain thickness in timbre, greater leading edge definition on bass notes from both electric and acoustic bass instruments, and a richness to the bass that will disappear when you return to the stock cord. I went back and forth for a couple of hours with the Wireworld SE power cable and stock cables on my amplifiers. Every single time the WW SE cables were on my amplifiers the lower octaves became immediately cleaner, and more realistic. I was hooked on these cable within 30 minutes of use.
Dan, thank you the recommendation. Sounds like a solid plan. This will be my next project.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 08-23-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
Excellent, excellent write-up Ted. I know your joy - the PPP delivers ! I agree with your plan of action, that is maximizing what you already own. I recently added a bevy of Symposium products Rollerblocks 2+ (MCD500, C2300), HDSE (MC402), and Svelte Plus shelf (MC402) to go with the Ultra shelf under my turntable. This was no minor tweak! I highly recommend their products when the time is right for that next horizon.

Your comments on the synergy between Wireworld power cables (silver Electra 5^2) and the PPP once again have me intrigued by this combo. So so many users on AA are using these cables - must be some kind of magic. I am currently using stock cord on the PPP and Guerilla Audio PCs throughout the remainder of my system. The GA cords also give me blacker blacks (who knew how many shades of black there are). The GA are cheap compared with WW. I wonder what new horizon awaits me?? Hmmm

I guess the first place to start is the PPP stock cord. What do y'all think?
J3brow,
Some find the PPP stock cord quite satisfactory, since its the supply cord for the PPP with all the magic happening afterward. I think Dan is right - I'd concentrate on the power amp cable first. How have you found your Symposium tweaks over time? Are you still satisfied? Ted.

Last edited by Yardbird; 08-23-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:47 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
Dan, thank you the recommendation. Sounds like a solid plan. This will be my next project.
Jason, if you want a new pair to demo in your home; just let me know.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 08-24-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Ted...congrats and thanks for sharing your experience with the PPP and Wireworld PCs. I hope you enjoy the newly elevated system's performance for a long time to come before the LuFlu reasserts itself and we see the 2301s and SF Amatis in your signature line
Cyril, thank you! I am so satisfied with the sound I'm getting from my system now, that I don't feel like I'm in a mad rush to make any more changes. I'm going to take my time and make sure the next move is the right one... As we all know, in the business of audio, "haste" can make MUCH "waste" Ted.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbird View Post
Cyril, thank you! I am so satisfied with the sound I'm getting from my system now, that I don't feel like I'm in a mad rush to make any more changes. I'm going to take my time and make sure the next move is the right one... As we all know, in the business of audio, "haste" can make MUCH "waste" Ted.
Good points. It is more fun to spread the upgrades out a bit. That way the audio high lasts a lot longer.