AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Schiit

Schiit Designed For The Real World

Old 05-07-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnzz4 View Post
Received the upgraded analog 2 Yggy back on Wednesday and it’s been paying music since. Today is the 100 hour mark, and I’m very impressed with what I’m hearing. The last few days were a bit all over from woolly sounding at first to a bit strident on day two. Less strident on day three. Day four she is smooth as silk and the layering is emerging nicely. Original Yggy sounded a lot like day three. There is a new smoothness and body to the music with the analog 2. Very pleased and curious whether I’m going to see more change. This is one of the best audio quality returns for the money in a long time!
I did the upgrade right when it became available. I always have Yggy powered-up 24/7/365, although I did not use continuous music after the upgrade. Within 2 weeks most of the settling had occurred, after a month it will be fully engaged and bringing surprise after surprise to your ears.
Schiit URD CD Transport > Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC > Schiit Loki Max EQ > Bryston BP-26 Preampamplifier > Schiit Vidar Power Amp > B & W 805D + JL Audio E112 subwoofers (x2); Power- Shunyata Venom 16; ADD-Powr Symphony Pro & Eau2's; Equitech Son of Q; Cabling- Wireworld IC, Synergistic Research SC, Shunyata PC.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Blues View Post
I did the upgrade right when it became available. I always have Yggy powered-up 24/7/365, although I did not use continuous music after the upgrade. Within 2 weeks most of the settling had occurred, after a month it will be fully engaged and bringing surprise after surprise to your ears.
Scott.......What a perfect way to describe the Yggdrasil's sound, "surprise after surprise to your ears." So true!

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 05-08-2018, 10:58 PM

Dear Sir

I'm a newcomer and finding a suitable music server with YGGDrasil, so in your opinions: the best sound from Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, certainly, it's depend on absolutely YGG Dac, however, how many percent to make the best sound that's depend on the music server? (YGG: 90%/ MS: 10% or lower/ higher)

Thanks for reply my trouble.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:29 AM
Merry Christmas to all

kensoman.......I don't think it is a good idea to think of measuring source component values with a percentile, i.e. music servers, CD players, and DAC's. I consider the entire audio system a chain, if you will. One weak link corrupts the integrity of the entire thing. Certainly, a high quality DAC will under perform with a marginal server or poorly designed transport, but the same can be said of a premium music server that is hamstrung by a low quality DAC. In a sound system every component supports the other components. I suggest you consider purchasing the most premium components you can afford. Always do your research. Look for the high value, high performance components. The Yggdrasil DAC is certainly one of them, but it will not deliver its best performance with a mediocre computer as a file delivery system. There are some fine all in one music servers in the $3K range, and even less if you are willing to buy pre-owned.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 05-12-2018, 04:52 AM

Could you suggest to me some music server that’s in $ 3.000 range.
Thanks so much
Old 05-12-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzoman View Post
Thanks so much
I've been looking at the Auralic Aries G1.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:04 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzoman View Post
Thanks so much
kenzoman.......Bring home the Aurender N100H. You will be thrilled with its sound and the Aurender Conductor App. Worth every penny. The 4TB version is $2999.00.

http://www.aurender.com/page/n100h

Old 06-08-2018, 06:36 PM

Hello All,
Just wanted to check in on my Yiggy experience. I am not sure how many hours I have on it, probably over a 150 hrs. But I am now starting to notice more separation between instruments! Great example is on Led Zeppelin’s Rain song. Loving this more each time I listen to it! I am listening to this via a Oppo 205 as my transport through my Anthem 1120
Unprocessed analog inputs to my Revel Performa 3 206’s. Not quite up to par with the top notch systems on this Forum, but still amazing sounding. I do not want to get into an argument about cables, but if I were to purchase a better coax cable connected to my Yiggy would that improve the sound at all? I currently have a basic Wire World Starlight 7.
Regards
Jeff
Old 06-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaestro335 View Post
Hello All,
Just wanted to check in on my Yiggy experience. I am not sure how many hours I have on it, probably over a 150 hrs. But I am now starting to notice more separation between instruments! Great example is on Led Zeppelin’s Rain song. Loving this more each time I listen to it! I am listening to this via a Oppo 205 as my transport through my Anthem 1120
Unprocessed analog inputs to my Revel Performa 3 206’s. Not quite up to par with the top notch systems on this Forum, but still amazing sounding. I do not want to get into an argument about cables, but if I were to purchase a better coax cable connected to my Yiggy would that improve the sound at all? I currently have a basic Wire World Starlight 7.
Jeff.......The Wireworld Starlight 7 digital coaxial cable is a high quality cable that uses Onide continuous cast oxygen free copper wire and the same Composilex2 insulation and DNA Helix cable design that the next three higher priced Wireworld coaxial cables use. As you move up from the Starlight to the Silver Starlight the copper wire is clad in a thin coat of pure silver. Then there are two additional models, the Gold Starlight and Platinum Starlight coaxial cables. Both of these feature OCC silver wire. My understanding is the Platinum model uses a heavier gauge wire than the Gold Starlight.

I have owned and used the Starlight, Silver Starlight and the Platinum Starlight coaxial cables. In all three cases the performance was excellent, but as I went from Starlight to Silver Starlight I sensed a slight improvement in soundstage focus. When I moved from Silver Starlight to Platinum Starlight coaxial cable there was a marked improvement in focus, improved silence that rendered micro dynamics more accurately, and overall the performance just felt more lifelike. These experiences happened with two different high-end sound systems in my home. Your experience may differ so make an effort to audition the cable your interested in purchasing. In my opinion, the price to performance sweet spot in the Wireworld digital cables is the Silver Starlight cable.

If you become a Subscriber to this forum, there is special pricing available to those who help support this forum from Legend Audio and Video. You will save more than your annual membership dues on your first cable order. Well worth it. Become a Subscriber to Audio Aficionado, then PM Ivan (Masterlu) with your order. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Follow this link if you wish to become a Subscriber: http://www.audioaficionado.org/payments.php

Old 06-09-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaestro335 View Post
Hello All,
if I were to purchase a better coax cable connected to my Yiggy would that improve the sound at all?
Jeff,

From my experience, you will definitely hear a difference between cables. I run a Nordost Blue Heaven SPDIF into my Yggy, but I took a convoluted path to get there.

To make a long story short--I first chose a super high end Goldmund cable after a quick listen and a steep discount. But extended casual listening showed that cable to be fatiguing, so I swapped it for the Nordost and have lived happily ever after. I was shocked at both the dramatic difference and the Goldmund's shortcomings--I had assumed that any higher priced cable would be gravy.