AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 10-10-2018, 12:30 PM

Default Shunyata with Stillpoints

Has anyone replaced the stock feet on their Shunyata products with Stillpoints? And if so what are your thoughts? Thank you.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbags View Post
Has anyone replaced the stock feet on their Shunyata products with Stillpoints? And if so what are your thoughts? Thank you.
I found no need...the stock feet on the Triton v3 and Typhon QR are of great quality.

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 10-12-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:21 AM

Default Using Stillpoints tech with Shunyata

I agree that the feet supplied with the Shunyata Triton, Typhon and Typhon QR are quite robust. I’m not sure that they do quite the job of Stillpoints, but Caelin definitely didn’t spare any expense providing meticulously machined hunks of very heavy stainless steel to support his power distribution products.

I had the bottom grid rack free on my 2X wide Stillpoints ESS rack and by removing the Shunyata feet from my Triton v3 and Typhon QR I was able to shoehorn them in side by side on top of some original Stillpoint cones fastened to the grid shelf.

Does the Stillpoints tech actually make an audible difference? I don’t know since I never tried the Shunyata feet on the floor. I had the space and the Stillpoints (and didn’t have floor space behind my rack) and figured, it certainly isn’t going to hurt.

If I ever decide I need that bottom shelf and figure out where I can put the Triton and Typhon QR I guess I’ll find out if I need to invest in some more Ultra SS for the Shunyatas.

Probably not the answer you were looking for.

Good luck,

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!
Old 10-12-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettelsm View Post
I agree that the feet supplied with the Shunyata Triton, Typhon and Typhon QR are quite robust. I’m not sure that they do quite the job of Stillpoints, but Caelin definitely didn’t spare any expense providing meticulously machined hunks of very heavy stainless steel to support his power distribution products.

I had the bottom grid rack free on my 2X wide Stillpoints ESS rack and by removing the Shunyata feet from my Triton v3 and Typhon QR I was able to shoehorn them in side by side on top of some original Stillpoint cones fastened to the grid shelf.

Does the Stillpoints tech actually make an audible difference? I don’t know since I never tried the Shunyata feet on the floor. I had the space and the Stillpoints (and didn’t have floor space behind my rack) and figured, it certainly isn’t going to hurt.

If I ever decide I need that bottom shelf and figure out where I can put the Triton and Typhon QR I guess I’ll find out if I need to invest in some more Ultra SS for the Shunyatas.

Probably not the answer you were looking for.

Good luck,

Steve Z

Thank you for the info man. Sounds like a pretty sick set up. You loving the Stillpoints rack?
Old 10-12-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbags View Post
Thank you for the info man. Sounds like a pretty sick set up. You loving the Stillpoints rack?
Life is good. Life is definitely good.

One of the better audio-related expenditures I’ve made in recent years.

Beautifully made — it is one of the reasons my wife finally let the stereo into the living room!

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!
Old 10-13-2018, 04:53 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Prior to new Shunyata designed footers on, for example the Triton III and Typhon QR, yes, Stillpoints will help. With new Shunyata designed footers, no, go au natural out of the box.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:18 AM

Due to rack space and aesthetic reassons I have to change the footers to shorter smaller HRS nimbus. But i have also the HRS weights above the Tritonv3's. It was completely necessary on v1-v2 because damping of chassi was not managed at all.

On v3 it probably it might not be that large difference, but ofcourse having kilograms on top when playing hard does help.

Denali 6000T is an awesome construction with its on base and vibration dampening out of the box.