$98000 /pr
Old 08-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post
New gain stages:
2110 - 993S
2150 - 99H2
Thanks, I was right about the 99H2 designation. The 2110 is shaping up to be the best preamp in the world as I predicted..
Old 08-10-2013, 12:21 PM

Old 08-10-2013, 03:07 PM

Every electronic circuit within the 2150 Mono Amplifier is entirely new and all technological changes are primarily derived from Boulder’s 3050 Mono Amplifier.

Among the numerous changes and advances encompassed by the 2150 are:

Pure linear Class A operation. Bias current is actively monitored and adjusted in order to increase efficiency and reduce wasted radiated heat energy.

A new, high efficiency, microprocessor controlled standby mode reduces power consumption when engaged.

All electronic circuits and electronics are now surface-mount designs manufactured on Boulder’s own surface-mount manufacturing machines and ovens to increase reliability, consistency and optimized ground planing while at the same time reducing signal path length, PCB capacitance and noise radiation.

Gain stages within the 2150 are Boulder’s proprietary 99H2, which is unique to the 2100 Series amplifiers. 99H2 gain stages feature surface-mount electronic design and feature a new machined and potted housing to increase thermal stability.

The 2150 utilizes 80 output devices, 48 filter capacitors and 3 toroidal power transformers to generate power output of up to 1,000 watts into any load, enabling massive current swings and the ability to drive any loudspeaker to realistic audio levels.

Full Ethernet IP control capability and a 12V trigger minijack connection for use with advanced control systems and triggered home cinema installations.

Units will be available shipped at operating voltages of 100V, 120V and 240VAC.

A new and complete array of protection and status monitoring circuits are continuously active.

The physical and cosmetic changes in the 2150 include a slightly revised front panel and a new clear anodized top, bottom and rear panel with no powder coating or paint. All rear panel markings and indications are now machine engraved. Metal casework is cut on Boulder’s own four CNC machining centers.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:08 PM

With the exception of the front panel buttons and volume control disc, every part and circuit of the 2110 Preamplifier is new and has been redesigned, marking a complete evolution of the 2010 Preamplifier.

Some of the significant changes in the 2110 include:

The complete preamplifier is comprised of four chassis and features the total isolation of left and right audio channels, logic and user interface sections, and power supplies.

A separate 2100 Power Supply chassis houses four independent power supplies for left audio, right audio, logic and user interface, and standby/power-on.

A new, microprocessor-controlled, high efficiency standby function reduces power consumption while in standby mode.

Complete surface-mount circuit board construction manufactured on Boulder’s own surface- mount pick-and-place machines and ovens to increase reliability, consistency and optimized ground planing while at the same time reducing signal path length, PCB capacitance and noise radiation.

New, ultra-low-noise, surface-mount design 993S gain stages encased in a fully machined and potted housing for thermal stability.
Redesigned high-visibility white LED front panel display.

New, modernized front panel designs for both preamplifier and power supply chassis. The
preamplifier front panel features a new wraparound, custom ground, mirror-glass display window.

Next generation of Boulder’s CMOS actuated stepped volume control incorporates full-balanced
operation for a lower noise floor and elimination of any step noise.

Full IP control via Ethernet for use with advanced control systems.

12V trigger out for remote turn-on of connected amplifiers.

New, completely machined casework milled on Boulder’s own CNC machining centers. Sheet metal has been eliminated and all casework is now interlocking machined 6060-T6 aluminum.

Powder coating and paint have been removed complete preamplifier’s finish is bead blasted and clear anodized.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post

$98000 /pr
I like the look of the 2150 amps...a nice subdued look...what I have learned from Boulder is that there will be a special open house at the Boulder dealer in Denver so I am wondering if only the 800 and 1000 Series will be available in situ at the Marriott?? There are two listings for Boulder on the 2013 Exhibitor's list....

Cheers,
Old 08-11-2013, 05:21 AM

Old 08-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Bodhisattva

To me, Boulder have taken the 2110 as a preamplifier to it's ultimate expression of development, whilst pushing the technology to a much higher level. I admire the way they have intelligently and coherently applied the learnings from the 3000 series to the 2100 series. This preamp (for me) is now as close to perfection as any audiophile could wish, and I for one could not imagine wanting for more. But let's not kid ourselves, the investment in this preamp alone could buy a luxury car and put it on the road. So anyone who can own even one of these magnificent pieces is making a big statement about their own drive and passion for this hobby, and is to be greatly admired.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
To me, Boulder have taken the 2110 as a preamplifier to it's ultimate expression of development, whilst pushing the technology to a much higher level. I admire the way they have intelligently and coherently applied the learnings from the 3000 series to the 2100 series. This preamp (for me) is now as close to perfection as any audiophile could wish, and I for one could not imagine wanting for more.
I am willing to bet that this is not the end of the progress from Boulder regarding preamplifiers. I am anxious to learn if the increase in performance from the 2010 preamp to the 2110 preamp will be as substantial as what the increase is from the 2050 to the 3050 is reported to be.....even if the 2110 is substantially better than the 2010, I bet someday we will see a 3010 preamp as well......just my $.02!!!

Cheers,