AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 10-02-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post
Why should I wait---I already have Tidal. and Qobuz doesn't integrate with Roon, to which i purchased a lifetime subscription.

I don't listen much to Classical, mostly enjoying jazz these days, with a healthy dose of newgrass, Van Morrison, and Bob Marley, among others.

If Qobuz and Tidal work it out, I'll definitely check them out, especially since there are rumors of Tidal going out of business.

But I've had no trouble finding good new MQA and non-MQA content that I enjoy on Tidal despite having to wade through lots of hip-hop and other pop nonsense to find it.
You make a lot of sense to me. You've got great musical taste, too. Make sure you have "Revolution: Steve Winwood's Greatest Hits." I am buying a ton of CDs monthly; almost like an addiction. I import them as aiff files store them to be never played again. But, I own just about everything I like. I just purchased the first Five albums from the Crusaders and they were great inexpensive recordings. I was shocked at the fidelity. I just ordered Boz Scaggs five pack, the Chaka Khan and Wilson Pickett five pack. The Wilson Pickett CDs had extraordinary recordings.

Sorry for rambling.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
You make a lot of sense to me. You've got great musical taste, too. Make sure you have "Revolution: Steve Winwood's Greatest Hits." I am buying a ton of CDs monthly; almost like an addiction. I import them as aiff files store them to be never played again. But, I own just about everything I like. I just purchased the first Five albums from the Crusaders and they were great inexpensive recordings. I was shocked at the fidelity. I just ordered Boz Scaggs five pack, the Chaka Khan and Wilson Pickett five pack. The Wilson Pickett CDs had extraordinary recordings.

Sorry for rambling.
Thanks for the tips. Traffic was my favorite band back in the
late sixties, at the end of my short college career. I actually met them and partied backstage before a concert at UMass in Amherst, when I was living in Boston.

We sat backstage during the concert, and my Springer Spaniel, Boris, wandered out on stage while they were playing, and got a big laugh from the audience. Went back to their motel and partied till late at night. One of my favorite memories of those days. I'll check out that Winwood album.

You do know you could probably stream all that music you mentioned, don't you?
Old 10-03-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:

Sorry for rambling.
Gbaby I think you and I need to share music libraries I didn't own the Revolution album ... I do now. I think between us we are depleting Amazon's cd inventory.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post
Thanks for the tips. Traffic was my favorite band back in the
late sixties, at the end of my short college career. I actually met them and partied backstage before a concert at UMass in Amherst, when I was living in Boston.

We sat backstage during the concert, and my Springer Spaniel, Boris, wandered out on stage while they were playing, and got a big laugh from the audience. Went back to their motel and partied till late at night. One of my favorite memories of those days. I'll check out that Winwood album.

You do know you could probably stream all that music you mentioned, don't you?
Meeting Traffic and Steve Winwood had to be and exciting experience. The good thing about the Steve Winwood CD is that it covers both Traffic and Steve Winwood. As far as Wilson Pickett, I hated him as a child. But having purchased the Box set for a little of nothing, I can appreciate both his singing and the Band. His band is smoking with horns and organs and overall killer musical sound. Most of the recordings were done at Muscle Shoals and sound somewhat tube like if you will. I am going to stop buying CDs as I am spending monthly much more than the subscription cost for streaming. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackK View Post
Gbaby I think you and I need to share music libraries I didn't own the Revolution album ... I do now. I think between us we are depleting Amazon's cd inventory.
I really liked this CD because it covers both Traffic and Steve Winwood. Its pretty long too. Let me know what you think. My buying is an addiction so I may back off and consider streaming. That will by quite a ways down the road as I have too much to listen to already.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:57 PM

My BDP-2 has returned as a BDP-3. When I compare its sound as a BDP-3, I find it an appreciable sonic improvement over the BDP-2. Specifically, I found the BDP-3 gave musical notes more depth and extension and amplified subtle sounds that were somewhat muted in past listening to almost all songs. In addition the BDP-3 seem to flatten out my bass response making it more linear, extended and deeper without boom. Its like free equalization for me. I appreciate my transducers as they easily picked up the sonic improvements of the BDP-3. The USB output on the BDP-3 really sounds improved and at times exhibited a sound that was almost sweet for lack of a better choice of words. I am still listening to different compositions for a complete assessment of this unit, but for now its an A+. I do believe that the only way to make the BDP-3 play its maximum build potential is to use its built in Manic Moose using music on USB drives, preferably your own imported music on USB drives. See below:

http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/revi...-media-player/
Old 11-10-2018, 10:50 PM

GBABY-

Glad to hear you are happy with the "3" upgrade. The sounds from mine are real great as well!
Old 11-12-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jordan View Post
GBABY-

Glad to hear you are happy with the "3" upgrade. The sounds from mine are real great as well!
John, thanks for your response. I see, you too own the BDP-3/BDA3. These units together really have synergy that I know you can appreciate also.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
John, thanks for your response. I see, you too own the BDP-3/BDA3. These units together really have synergy that I know you can appreciate also.
Indeed they do GBaby!