AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Sonus Faber

Sonus Faber Italy's Best

Old 08-06-2016, 01:26 PM

Thank you Joey_v and Tony. This is just the encouragement that I need

I think the Strads should work well in my room since the speakers will be positioned on the long wall with not a side wall in sight.
Pioneer N-70A Network player, Esoteric C-03, Burmester 911 MK3, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Furutech Daytona 303, Furutech Powerflux (2.5m), Isotek Syncro EVO3 DC Blocking PC (3m), Furutech FLUX 50, Nordost QV2, Interconnect & Speaker Cabling: Furutech. USB, Wireworld Starlight USB 3 A-B. Rega RP8 / Apheta2, Rega Aria.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:08 PM

Douglas, like you, I thought I was done with speaker choices but after my purchase of the Strads I am really done. They are speakers for life.

McIntosh C1100, MC601 (2), Esoteric K-01x, Sonus Faber Stradavaris, VPI Classic 3 Rosewood w/Lyra Kleos, Audia Flight phono stage, Aurender N10, Synergistic Research & Audience power conditioners, AZ Absolute Copper Interconnects, AZ Absolute Speaker Cables, AZ Gargantua II & Krakatoa PCs, Stillpoints & Symposium shelves under everything
Old 08-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Never Too Much Torque !

To me these speakers represent the best sounding and best looking 2 channel speaker in its price range
2 Channel Room Mcintosh MC501 x 2, Mcintosh C2300, McIntosh D1100, Turntable:JA Michelle -Gyro SE with SME309 and Shelter 501 MKII, Sonus Faber Elipsa speakers, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, Aurender N100H

Home Theater Mcintosh MC207, MX120, Oppo 95 bluray , Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento with Cremona Center (matching homage finish red) front speakers, Mcintosh rear surround speakers, Sony Projector

"Everything is good, until you compare it to something better Masterlu"
Old 08-07-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCH View Post
Douglas, like you, I thought I was done with speaker choices but after my purchase of the Strads I am really done. They are speakers for life.
Paul, I know the Strads will do emotion, scale, amazing vocals and deep bass.

I am hoping it can also do justice to music like, Stevie Ray Vaughan's Tin pan Alley, Dire Straight's Love over gold, and a big scale live albums such as Chris Botti's Live in Boston, and Natalie Merchant Live in New York as well as Johhny Lee Hooker best of Friends and anything by Sade ....If the Strats are that versatile then I am there!
Pioneer N-70A Network player, Esoteric C-03, Burmester 911 MK3, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Furutech Daytona 303, Furutech Powerflux (2.5m), Isotek Syncro EVO3 DC Blocking PC (3m), Furutech FLUX 50, Nordost QV2, Interconnect & Speaker Cabling: Furutech. USB, Wireworld Starlight USB 3 A-B. Rega RP8 / Apheta2, Rega Aria.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:05 AM

To Put it in another way

The Strads has a little bit of Sophia Loren,

sophia Loren.jpg

and also a bit of Claudia Cardinale

claudia-cardinale.jpg

But I really also hope she has bit of Brigitte Bardot

brigitte bardot.jpg
Old 08-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
To Put it in another way

Attachment 46850

Attachment 46851

Attachment 46852
And what qualities of these ladies exactly are you looking for Douglas?
Old 08-07-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
And what qualities of these ladies exactly are you looking for Douglas?
Bart...the imagination runs wild
Old 08-07-2016, 03:21 PM

The Stradivari are mighty fine speakers. I am jealous. I sit hear listening to my Elipsa SEs thinking if only.

Speakers of this caliber are worth a road trip! I would not trust them to a shipper even in the original boxes. I would want to be there every step of the way.
Power - Shunyata Triton with Shunyata Alpha HC Power Cords
Cables - Shunyata Zitron Cobra interconnects and Zitron Anaconda speaker cables.

"Life is too short to have ugly speakers"
Old 08-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Never Too Much Torque !

Quote:
To Put it in another way

Attachment 46850

Attachment 46851

Attachment 46852
I hope you mean in their prime, not how they are now
2 Channel Room Mcintosh MC501 x 2, Mcintosh C2300, McIntosh D1100, Turntable:JA Michelle -Gyro SE with SME309 and Shelter 501 MKII, Sonus Faber Elipsa speakers, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, Aurender N100H

Home Theater Mcintosh MC207, MX120, Oppo 95 bluray , Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento with Cremona Center (matching homage finish red) front speakers, Mcintosh rear surround speakers, Sony Projector

"Everything is good, until you compare it to something better Masterlu"
Old 08-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
To Put it in another way The Strads has a little bit of Sophia Loren, and also a bit of Claudia Cardinale But I really also hope she has bit of Brigitte Bardot
Ruined! I will never be able to look at mine the same anymore.
Main room - Sonus Faber Stradivari, JLAudio F113v1, McIntosh MC2301, McIntosh C2300, Esoteric K-03X, Esoteric G-02, SilenZio - Audio by -E- Media Server, W4S Recovery \ iFI 9V Power, Other - GIK kit, Vicoustics Waveguide panels, WW Gold Eclipse 7 SCs, WW Platinum Starlight 7 USB, WW Silver Electra 7 PCs, WW Silver Eclipse ICs; 3 X 20 Amp Power lines, PS Audio P10, 3 Sound Anchor stands, Powerports and numerous Noise Harvesters. Furutech Flex 50, Cable risers, HRS dampeners

TV Room Audio not working - Panasonic TC-P60GT50, (McIntosh MX-121 - 11 months gone for repairs), MC7106 & MC275VI, Revel F52 & C32, B&W LM1, Sonos Connect\W4S Remedy\iFI 9V Power, WW & Kimber cables, PS Audio Dectet

Homeless Vintage system - Infinity RSIIa, 2 X Threshold S/200, McIntosh C35, TEAC UD503, Sonos Connect w\W4S Remedy, HP Laptop/portable HD running JRMC21, PS Audio Dectet, Supra, WireWorld wires.