AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Classe' Audio

Classe' Audio Uncompromising Audio

Old 02-07-2017, 07:19 PM

Default Sigma SSP MkII

The Sigma SSP MkII is now available for order in North America with shipping commencing later this month. Owners of the original Sigma SSP can upgrade to the MkII version for $1000 in the U.S. The upgrade kit is shipping immediately, and can be installed in the field. Please contact your local Classé dealer for more details on upgrading your Sigma SSP.

New features include:

1. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X processing via a new DSP board for 5.1.2 installations.
2. HDMI 2.0 support with HDCP 2.2. Note- only HDMI input 4 supports HDCP 2.2. All support HDMI 2.0

Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America
Old 02-08-2017, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
The Sigma SSP MkII is now available for order in North America with shipping commencing later this month. Owners of the original Sigma SSP can upgrade to the MkII version for $1000 in the U.S. The upgrade kit is shipping immediately, and can be installed in the field. Please contact your local Classé dealer for more details on upgrading your Sigma SSP.

New features include:

1. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X processing via a new DSP board for 5.1.2 installations.
2. HDMI 2.0 support with HDCP 2.2. Note- only HDMI input 4 supports HDCP 2.2. All support HDMI 2.0

Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America
I remember hearing the onscreen display might get disabled with the new HDMI 2.0/HDCP2.2 upgrade. Was that fixed?
Old 02-08-2017, 07:46 AM

Are you referring to the preview monitor feature, or the OSD that shows the menu for the Sigma SSP on your display device?

For what it's worth, I hadn't heard that the onscreen display was disabled with the HDMI/HDCP upgrade, because that feature is active in the 2200i integrated, which is the source of the HDMI/HDCP board being used in the Sigma SSP MkII.

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiehowser View Post
I remember hearing the onscreen display might get disabled with the new HDMI 2.0/HDCP2.2 upgrade. Was that fixed?
Old 02-09-2017, 06:35 PM

Thanks
Old 09-12-2017, 06:12 PM

Patrick,

a question as I can't seem to get my thoughts around it.

You have one HDMI input that is HDCP 2.2 compliant. I really wanted support for UHD player, Roku streaming, and Comcast is finally supposed to be releasing a 4K cable box soon.

This is three devices that require HDCP 2.2. I was looking at my OLED last night and I can use it's streaming for Netflix, Vudu etc. I can yank the Roko out but this still leaves me two requirements. My UHD player (covered for now) and then when the Comcast 4K box comes in Q1 of next year, how can I get the Comcast 4K box to also be HDCP 2.2?

I don't know if I can use the one available 2.2 for a UHD player and then somehow get the future Comcast box connected so it too is compliant thru ARC or some other process?

Everything is quite difficult these days in regards to my favorite pre-pros! I wish you folks had of added a few additional compliant inputs.

Thanks
Rick

Last edited by DrunkPenguin; 09-13-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:17 AM

Hi DrunkPenguin,

Yes, more than one HDCP2.2 input would have been nice. Your are correct than one option would be to connect video devices directly to your TV, and then using ARC to send the audio to the processor.

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkPenguin View Post
Patrick,

a question as I can't seem to get my thoughts around it.

You have one HDMI input that is HDCP 2.2 compliant. I really wanted support for UHD player, Roku streaming, and Comcast is finally supposed to be releasing a 4K cable box soon.

This is three devices that require HDCP 2.2. I was looking at my OLED last night and I can use it's streaming for Netflix, Vudu etc. I can yank the Roko out but this still leaves me two requirements. My UHD player (covered for now) and then when the Comcast 4K box comes in Q1 of next year, how can I get the Comcast 4K box to also be HDCP 2.2?

I don't know if I can use the one available 2.2 for a UHD player and then somehow get the future Comcast box connected so it too is compliant thru ARC or some other process?

Everything is quite difficult these days in regards to my favorite pre-pros! I wish you folks had of added a few additional compliant inputs.

Thanks
Rick
Old 09-13-2017, 08:42 AM

Another issue is the current lack of support (even after the upgrade) for HDR. An installer for my local dealer came up with this solution (for now).

He switched out the Oppo 105 for one of the new Sony X1000 ES 4K Blu-ray players. The Sony has one HDMI out that can carry the 4k video and audio and another port that can carry audio. He ran one HDMI to the LG OLED set and one to the Sigma SSP.

I now can play 4K blue-rays with HDR support and can also stream 4k (including Netflix) through the Sony ES player.

I backed out of the Sigma SSP upgrade and now have time to see what happens to Classe Audio.

ps - just received E.T. and Blade Runner in 4K with HDR!
Old 09-14-2017, 08:56 PM

The Oppo 203/205 has HDMI 2.0/HDCP2.2 inputs. So that might be a workaround.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:20 PM

I love Classe. The SSP-800 I owned was the most bad ass piece of gear I had in my combined HT/Stereo set-up.

I have tried to spin the wheels all that I can with the Sigma. The qty 1 2.2 input, no support for HDR and no triggers (guys I have three mono amps plus a stereo amp for rears) and to have to leave them on all times or turn them into standby one by one is not acceptable.

The rest I could live with but not my issues I've pointed out. I'm not even complaining about number of channels. My more medium loft space is just fine with front heights only.

I'm hope Classe will have a revised unit down the road.

Rick

Last edited by DrunkPenguin; 09-16-2017 at 01:23 AM.