AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Audeze

Audeze Uncompromised Audio

Old 11-12-2017, 02:30 PM
Reality is an illusion

Default Audeze Reveal Plugin

Reveal is a revolutionary plugin developed by Audeze which applies carefully designed filter presets specific to our headphone models. This provides the listener with an experience similar to what you would hear from high quality studio reference monitors in an acoustically treated room. The presets are not meant to fix any issues, but rather to enhance the listener’s experience. We expect some users will prefer our headphones without any DSP presets, while others will prefer the “room sound” calibration provided by these Reveal plugin presets. The choice is yours!

https://www.audeze.com/audeze-reveal-plugin

Main System:

Amplification: Luxman L-590AX Mark II.
Luxman D-06u SACD.
Roon/Tidal.
Bryston BDP-Pi

PrimaLuna Dialogue HP EL34

Speakers: Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary

Headphones:

ZMF Auteur Blackwood

Headphone Amplification: Audeze Deckard, PrimaLuna Dialogue HP, Luxman L-590AX Mark II, Woo Audio WA6

Source/DAC. Roon/Tidal.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:39 PM

I'll have to play with this when I get some time. Thanks for the link Serge!

(System in storage) MBL 4006, MF A5cr, Wadia 170i, Verity Audio Rienzi, WireWorld Cables
Old 11-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Reality is an illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_zak View Post
I'll have to play with this when I get some time. Thanks for the link Serge!
Let us know what you think.

Main System:

Luxman D-06u SACD.
Roon/Tidal.
Bryston BDP-Pi

Headphones:

ZMF Auteur Blackwood

Headphone Amplification: Audeze Deckard, PrimaLuna Dialogue HP, Luxman L-590AX Mark II, Woo Audio WA6

Source/DAC. Roon/Tidal.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:10 AM

thanks Serge will implement into jriver and give it a good look over
C500C C500T preamp and a MX150 control center, (3)McIntosh 601 mono block amps, (1)7270 McIntosh amp driving rears in 7.1 (1)Halo A23 amp for side surround, & (1)452 McIntosh amp for main towers part of a bi-amp setup with 601's, Esoteric K-03 JL F212 sub all glued together with mostly all WireWorld & Moon Audio Black Dragon cables.

Headphone Rig
Audeze LCD-X Sennheiser hd 800 & Sennheiser hd 700 cans, Woo Audio WA-6SE with Sophia Princess & matched pair of 6GL7/6EM tubes Black Dragon Cable upgrades on the HD700s!

Streaming Dac Gear
includes K03, high-end custom built Toshiba core i7 16 gigs Wireworld Platinum USB cable, Ipad mini & Itouch driving media center 20 for full remote control anywhere on property and even via web to have music on when I get home Also can remote control MX150 via web too.

Analog Rig
VPI Classic II running with a Dynavector 20X2-H MC Phono Cartridge

Also
For living room and outside rear deck is connected to MX150 with (1)Parasound 5250 amp. Oppo 205 , Sony ES777, (1)PPP, and a DirectStream P15 Power Plant

Speaker system
Builder of custom very high end Dynaudio's 2 Main towers, 1 super tweeter Dynaudio built system above each tower, 4 surrounds all Dynaudio Esoteric drivers 6.5 mids, esoteric dome tweeters, 2 rear surrounds, and a custom 5 speaker 2 7" drivers, 2 3" domes, and a d21 tweeter in the center channel to compliment my 2 300lb custom subs and a JL F212

Misc Build Features
AC Power Electrical overview is 4 20 amp 120 circuits all 10-3 wiring extra shielding with walls custom modded with cross bracing 2x6s over a 14" thick concrete with R19 and weather barrier
Old 11-13-2017, 09:44 AM

Thanks Serge - I'll check it out in JRiver as well. Headphones are especially good transducers for DSP manipulation. The internal 64 bit processing in JRiver should make these plug ins transparent except for what they are intentionally trying to do.
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation
SurfacePro 3, JRiver, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v
Old 11-13-2017, 11:36 AM
Reality is an illusion

I don't have Audeze headphones but I did play around with the DSP section of Roon and I have no objections to using DSP in Roon in general. It is quite transparent. Roon also has the Audeze presets for most of their upper end headphones. While it may not be of any use to me with my other headphones, I was able to play around with Roon's Audeze presets and did not notice any detrimental effects other than to mildly change the tonal balance. It may be a worthwhile feature to custom tailor the sound and enjoy your headphones even more.

Main System:

Luxman D-06u SACD.
Roon/Tidal.
Bryston BDP-Pi

Headphones:

ZMF Auteur Blackwood

Source/DAC. Roon/Tidal.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:44 PM

I've loaded the plugin. It's very easy to setup. Still experimenting with the wet/dry and gain settings. It is adding back some room sound so it sounds more like you are listening to speakers. So far I can't tell if it is changing the spatialization.
Tom
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation
SurfacePro 3, JRiver, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v
Old 11-13-2017, 04:05 PM
conrad-johnson, baby!

Not sure I would want to listen to studio monitors in an acoustically treated room. When I've heard actual studio monitors in an acoustically treated room in-person, the sound was "dead" and did not sound natural to me.
conrad-johnson CT-5 and LP70S, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion w/ EAR324, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore microRendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1 power supply, Shunyata Alpha USB cable, Schiit Gungnir Multibit Gen 5 USB DAC, Schiit Loki DSD DAC, Mac Mini/Roon, Dynaudio Contour S3.4 with Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, Audioquest Colombia and Colorado ICs, Shunyata Venom speaker cables, Shunyata Zitron Cobra and Black Mamba CX and Venom 3 power cords, Shunyata Triton, Synergistics Research HFT acoustical tuning devices
Old 11-15-2017, 12:32 PM

Only for Mac? The program looks like fun.
Magnepan 3.7 with modified crossovers.Esoteric A-02. Esoteric C03xs. Esoteric K-03x. Esoteric G-02x. Cary Audio 500.1 Solid State Monoblocks. Cary Audio Tube Preamp. Linn Majik DS Streamer. Linn Fm Tuner. McIntosh 1700 Tuner. TTW Turntable with Jelco ARM Modified 11 inch. Ortofon Quintet Black Cartridge. Aesthetic IO with Single Separate power supply. A pair of JL Audio F113, PS Audio P 10 Power Conditioner. PS Audio Dectet. Ps Audio Power Port Outlets. PS Audio Noise Harvesters. Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 XLR Cables. Gold Eclipse 6 Speaker Cables.Silver Electra 7 Power Cables. GIK acoustics Sound Panels. Omnimount 42 u Rack with AC Infinity fans and controllers. A work in Progress.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:34 PM
Reality is an illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaracer1 View Post
Only for Mac? The program looks like fun.
The Reveal plugin is available at no cost for macOS (10.10 and above) and Windows (7 and above) and is compatible with most Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) or playback software that supports AU, VST or AAX plugins. Compatible DAWs include ProTools, Logic, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, REAPER and others. Compatible audio playback software includes JRiver, Audirvana Plus, Pure Music, VOX, Foobar2000 and others. The filters used by the Reveal plugin were designed for all commonly used sample-rates (44.1 kHz - 768 kHz), so no resampling happens no matter what sample-rate you use.

Main System:

Luxman D-06u SACD.
Roon/Tidal.
Bryston BDP-Pi

Headphones:

ZMF Auteur Blackwood

Source/DAC. Roon/Tidal.