AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Integrated

Integrated All in one, Still in Style

Old 03-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Retired

Also a McIntosh MA6600 w/TM2 tuner module here. Very pleased with its performance. The MA6600 replaced a C2200/MC75 separates, so was a bit nervous that I would be disappointed. But, my new speakers needed the extra solid-state 125wpc to control their bottom end and it has been working well for the past six months.

Missed the bit about 'what integrated amps have you owned'. In chronological order and based on what I heard:
McIntosh MA6850 - wonderful.
Sony TA-F444ES - excellent.
Sony TA-F808ES - wonderful.
McIntosh MA6900 - average.
Yamaha CA-2010 (several of them) - wonderful.
Yamaha A-2000 - wonderful.
McIntosh MA2275 (tube hybrid) - average.
McIntosh MA6600 - wonderful+.... the best yet.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 03-28-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:57 PM

Currently own Yamaha RXV1 and RX-V1070. The former is on my main system for both two-channel and HT and the latter for my office. With 110W it is plenty of power for near field listening (less that 1 meter away) with my Linn Tukan's. Their sound is okay for what they represent - the background noise is a bit high and the sound is distinctively 2D. I'm pretty happy until something new comes along.
Main: Mc C2200 (Telefunkens) and MC207, Spectral DMA-180, Marantz AV8805A, JL Audio CR-1 and SAv2, Sony ST-SA5ES, TC-KA3ES and MDS-JA50ES, Oppo UDP-205 and BDP-103D, Bryson BDA-3, Magnum Dynalab FM Signal Sleuth, Remedy, PS Audio P12, Pioneer DT-555,
Samsung 65" QLED TV 8K, JBL 4311B, M&K MX125II on Ultra SS Stillpoints, B&W HTM2D2, CCM7.3 S2, CCM683
Office: Sony TA-F700ES (Mod), MDS-JA50ES (Mod) and SEQ-333ES, Accuphase T-107B, Bryston BDA-3, BHA-1 and BUC-1, Audeze LCD-4, Linn Tukan, REL T7 on Ultra SS Stillpoints, PC Server (16 TB)

Mobile:Audison bit One Virtuoso HD, bit Play HD, Amps and speakers.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:56 AM

New little tube Amp i bought for a bedroom system...Shuguang I-25 Integrated Tube Amp ......Preamp / driver tubes are the 12AX7 and 12AU7.Power tubes are (4) Shuguang Treasure 6CA7-Z.......i love the warm sound of this integrated amp.Good punch for only 50 watts as well.......i have it hooked up to a set of KEF IQ10 bookshelf monitors......for fun i even hooked it up to my big KEF Reference 207/2's and while it sounded sweet at low lvl's and did a surprisingly decent job powering them it struggled at higher volumes in the bass control area.....however for the KEF IQ10's its perfect
Attached Images
File Type: jpg index.jpg (30.7 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg index1.jpg (46.7 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg index3.jpg (62.6 KB, 75 views)
Old 03-28-2011, 02:57 AM

Great catch Volks,

Very nice. Tubes have that special something. Enjoy the sweet tone.

Joe
Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 AM

Currently I'm using a Moon 700i which soon will be shipped out as well to make way for a pre and power setup.

It's the first integrated I'ved owned and I've got no complains about it. Much much better than my old Naim pre/power ( no offense, just a personal opinion ). The power in modern integrateds are really getting up there.

The control and liquidity of music is great on the Moon, but just lacking a wee abit in dynamics and imaging/staging qualities.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:20 PM
A happy little vegemite..

Let's see:

Currently have a Lux 550A II, with which I am smitten.

Before that a Jadis Orchestra Ref, which was very nice in the mid's.

Prior to that various bits and bobs including a LFD Zero III; Cayin A55TP; various SET's. Depended a little (well alot) on the speaker I have been using.

Tried and quickly sold a number of other integrated's over the years. Unfortunately Australia is not the same as the USA for dealer support. Home demo is non existent here.

Started out in hi fi in the mid 90's with a Rotel 931 BX - still one of my favourite little amps.

Great thread.

Cheerio
Andy

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Berthold Auerbach
Old 04-25-2011, 12:59 AM

Well, 3 integrated amps passed my life:

1. In the mid 70's, the Luxman SQ707. what fascinate me then was that the power on/off was controlled by the clockwise turning of the volume knob (where in later years, I learn that the early same period McIntosh integrated amps was also like that. I suppose that was the "flavor" of the period then).

2. Owned for a short period of time the McIntosh MA6600 but unfortunately had to let it go as I could not had it as a receiver as the Tuner card would not work over tis part of the world. It would have been a great unit for keeps.

3. Just had this used, but very mint Leben CS300X(S) 3 weeks ago. Mullard output tubes with NOS Siemens added on too. The unit, though small in size is heavy and build like a tank. So far, I am not using this anywhere in my system BUT will form the basis of my small second system later on. I like it a lot!

Now, if we have a receiver section, it would bring back many memories as I had a slate of receivers moving in and out of my hifi journey. I was really crazy for STEREO receivers back then.

Cheers!
Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Luxman SQ707.JPG (53.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg McIntosh MA6600.jpg (39.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Leben CS300X(s).jpg (40.9 KB, 79 views)
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar

Last edited by JSCC; 08-14-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPandy View Post
Let's see:

Currently have a Lux 550A II, with which I am smitten.

Before that a Jadis Orchestra Ref, which was very nice in the mid's.

Prior to that various bits and bobs including a LFD Zero III; Cayin A55TP; various SET's. Depended a little (well alot) on the speaker I have been using.

Tried and quickly sold a number of other integrated's over the years. Unfortunately Australia is not the same as the USA for dealer support. Home demo is non existent here.

Started out in hi fi in the mid 90's with a Rotel 931 BX - still one of my favourite little amps.

Great thread.

Cheerio
Andy
Well, Andy, the Luxman sure is a good amp.

However, I am a little surprised that you had LFD and then moved on as over here, the LFD is a rage amongst Harbeth Super HL5 users like a "match made in heaven".

Cheers!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:33 AM
A happy little vegemite..

I had the LFD with a pair of Compact 7es3's. Nice amp but, like most MOSFET's, a tad weak in the bass. Tonally very sweet. Also worked very well with some 95db coaxial open baffle speakers I had running at the time.

The Luxman is a VERY muscular, dynamic and controlled amp - much more so than the LFD - it has an iron grip over the 8 Radial driver. Plus I love the phono, head amp and remote.

But ...as we all know...there are many roads that lead to Rome and all are valid. All comes down to choice.

I suspect that a pair of 2905's may feature in my future. But the Luxman...it's a keeper.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Berthold Auerbach
Old 04-25-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPandy View Post
I had the LFD with a pair of Compact 7es3's. Nice amp but, like most MOSFET's, a tad weak in the bass. Tonally very sweet. Also worked very well with some 95db coaxial open baffle speakers I had running at the time.

The Luxman is a VERY muscular, dynamic and controlled amp - much more so than the LFD - it has an iron grip over the 8 Radial driver. Plus I love the phono, head amp and remote.

But ...as we all know...there are many roads that lead to Rome and all are valid. All comes down to choice.

I suspect that a pair of 2905's may feature in my future. But the Luxman...it's a keeper.
Wow, next change ..... QUAD!

if its me, well, it will be a full Quad system, whether its the Elite Combo or the Reference Tube combo as I always believe in the "house" voicing, as can be seen from my current all Meridian setup. Again, I may not be right ... just a matter of preference.

Enjoy!