AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:07 PM

Default Unable to find Tidal icon in my Lumin app

I join Tidal (Hi Fi plan) this May and use my Lumin S-1 network music player to pay their on-line music file. Everything are doing well and I enjoy very much. But until last week, when I pay Tidal’s music file, it always hang and suffocate. The problem was gone maybe 1 or 2 hours later, but 1 or 2 days later this problem was happened again. Also I always couldn’t find the Tidal icon in my Lumin app, I used to reboot my ipad, then sometime the icon appear again but sometime not. Is it because of Tidal sever’s problem? I already advise Tidal this problem in last week but haven’t yet to receive their reply. Any suggestion?
Old 08-07-2017, 10:47 PM

Tidal's issues with freezing up started for me around the middle of June after over a year of no issues. It seems to get worse the later in the evening as traffic gets heavier on their network. No real rhyme or reason as to what time it will start or what day it will happen. Based on tests they gave me to run on their delivery by their servers I proved to them that the problem was on their end and not with the IP or streamer software which is where they placed blame immediately. My IP has been checked from the street to the Gateway router and their is no problem. They even gave me a new router even though the old one tested fine. Almost a month from me contacting them they still say they are working on it but no resolution. It happens at my house with three different streamers and software versions. Something has changed in their delivery system since the involvement of Sprint and hopefully it is not the result of changing to Sprint's server network in parts of the country. My wireless is providing over 125 mbps and the streamers and the iPad are all that are on the 5 ghz band.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:18 PM

Wilkie works for lumin and helps out quite a bit on this site. He is also on Computer Audiophile.

I have a D1. For me, to find Tidal, I had to expand the page and you can see the little triangle looking things, that's Tidal.

Last edited by Masterlu; 08-20-2017 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Posting links to other forums is not permitted.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:42 AM

I have a Lumin U1 and have experienced the same issue as the OP. What fixed it for me, was to completely uninstall the Lumin App, and re-install. Everything was fine after that.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMBL622 View Post
when I pay Tidal’s music file, it always hang and suffocate. The problem was gone maybe 1 or 2 hours later, but 1 or 2 days later this problem was happened again. Also I always couldn’t find the Tidal icon in my Lumin app, I used to reboot my ipad, then sometime the icon appear again but sometime not. Is it because of Tidal sever’s problem?
For the disappearing icon, please toggle the Lumin app "Stream Icon Location" setting to Off, then back to a location you like. If it still disappears after doing this, please uninstall the Lumin app and reinstall it.

If Tidal stutters, this is usually a Tidal regional server problem.

If Tidal cannot play at all, please change your router DNS to 8.8.8.8, then power cycle Lumin.