AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 08-25-2017, 12:26 PM

Really nice!
Old 08-28-2017, 04:06 PM
Vinyl Rocks!

The speakers changed quite a bit after 24 hours. Can't wait to get more time on them and with the new Sigma SC! Already sounding absolutely amazing.
ARC DAC9|Aurender N100H|Berkeley Alpha USB
Shunyata Anaconda IC|Shunyata Sigma Spkr Wire
Old 10-20-2017, 08:28 PM

How are the speakers sounding now?
Sources - VPI Classic Signature Turntable Piano Black, 10" 3D arm, ADS speed controller, Periphery ring Kiseki Purple Heart cartridge, SonicTransporter i5 music server running Roon software Sonore Signature Rendu SE, PS Audio DirestStream Dac (RedCloud firmware), Oppo 105D disc spinner, Apple TV.
Pre and Power - McIntosh C2300 Preamp, McIntosh MC275 amps(x2), Emotiva UMC-200 Pre/Pro movies only, Emotiva XPA-3 amplifier for center and surrounds.
Cables and Accessories WireWorld Eclipse 7 Speaker Cables. WireWorld Eclipse 7 Balanced Interconnects. GIK Acoustics Soffit traps, Q7D Diffusors, 244 as cloud traps. PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator Shunyata and WireWorld Power cords.
Speakers - Martin Logan Expression 13A, Martin Logan Balanced Force 212 sub, Martin Logan Stage X Center Channel, Martin Logan FX2 Surrounds.
Screen Panasonic 60" Plasma.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL1800 View Post
How are the speakers sounding now?
+1, besides being happy for you, we’d like to share in the joy by proxy!

Revel Ultima Salon2's, Voice2, Studio2's, Mark Levinson No. 536 (2) and No. 523, Bel Canto 2.7 and REFStream, Marantz TT-15S1 with Ortofon Cadenza Black cart, ATI Signature 6007, Marantz 8802a, JVC DLA-RS500U, Silver Ticket STR-169120
Old 10-21-2017, 02:09 PM

Perfectly executed setup , must sound amazing.
Nad M12 preamp with BlueOS card, M22 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Wireworld Electra 7 power cords, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Audioquest Niagara 1000 power conditioner and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. Herbie's Tenderfeet, Cone and Hush Puckies isolation feet. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player
Old 10-22-2017, 12:18 AM
Vinyl Rocks!

They have 300 hours on them and have definitely settled in. There are pluses and minuses with all speakers and these are no different. First ... compared to my Martin Logan Ethos they don’t throw as big and holographic of a soundstage but I knew that going in. What they do so well is throw a totally rock solid image and soundstage with really great depth between and if appropriate outside the speakers as well. It’s almost startling at times the image is so incredibly solid. The clarity and transparency across the entire spectrum is also an area where these speakers excel. They have a slight warmth in the lower midrange but I tend to like that and is part of why I bought them. They are very sensitive to any changes which hasn’t really made them difficult as much as flexible. I still have my Logan’s in another room and my wife really likes them and so do i. I am enjoying the benefits the Wilsons brought which for me outweighed the slight but definite reduction in overall presentation size ... especially height ... from the Logan’s. I will say my pair of BF212s blended very easily with the Wilson’s. At the end of the day I’m really enjoying the setup
Old 10-22-2017, 06:42 AM

Thats a good write up on how the speakers are, i would like to hear how they do in term of separation inside the soundstage, i think between people in a group both sidewise as well as in depth , hope i explained good enough ?
Old 10-22-2017, 09:21 AM

Did the Sasha’s end up in the same location as your Ethos had been?
Sources - VPI Classic Signature Turntable Piano Black, 10" 3D arm, ADS speed controller, Periphery ring Kiseki Purple Heart cartridge, SonicTransporter i5 music server running Roon software Sonore Signature Rendu SE, PS Audio DirestStream Dac (RedCloud firmware), Oppo 105D disc spinner, Apple TV.
Pre and Power - McIntosh C2300 Preamp, McIntosh MC275 amps(x2), Emotiva UMC-200 Pre/Pro movies only, Emotiva XPA-3 amplifier for center and surrounds.
Cables and Accessories WireWorld Eclipse 7 Speaker Cables. WireWorld Eclipse 7 Balanced Interconnects. GIK Acoustics Soffit traps, Q7D Diffusors, 244 as cloud traps. PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator Shunyata and WireWorld Power cords.
Speakers - Martin Logan Expression 13A, Martin Logan Balanced Force 212 sub, Martin Logan Stage X Center Channel, Martin Logan FX2 Surrounds.
Screen Panasonic 60" Plasma.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:15 AM
Vinyl Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDPDK View Post
Thats a good write up on how the speakers are, i would like to hear how they do in term of separation inside the soundstage, i think between people in a group both sidewise as well as in depth , hope i explained good enough ?
The Soundstage is very well defined and the images are very "real". Almost startling how solid the images are. You can hear the space between instruments and voices left and to right and front to back with solid outlines of the sounds. So the separation is very good in all directions. Just don't listen to the Alexia v2's. They go quite a bit further there as well as bass response. But for almost double the price you might expect that.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:19 AM
Vinyl Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL1800 View Post
Did the Sasha’s end up in the same location as your Ethos had been?
The Sasha's ended up about a foot further apart and about a foot closer to the wall than the Ethos. I'm amazed at how solid the imaging is even with the speakers further apart. Quite a bit of toe in though but the sound is amazing.