AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Sonus Faber

Sonus Faber Italy's Best

Old 12-24-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiezaffa View Post
I would love to hear back on your experience with that..
I've heard both the 05 & 06 blew my SA11S2 out of the water. The 09 is way more than I would spend on a disc spinner but the 05 & 06 are sweet with the 06 winning. That said I could live with either one.

Dave
Old 12-24-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1 fan View Post
I've heard both the 05 & 06 blew my SA11S2 out of the water. The 09 is way more than I would spend on a disc spinner but the 05 & 06 are sweet with the 06 winning. That said I could live with either one.

Dave
Do you mean 08??
Old 12-24-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
Do you mean 08??
Ya I was wondering the same thing.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:07 AM

Sorry guys...yes I meant the 08. My bad. I've heard the 507 intergrated paired with the 05 & 06 disc spinner with YG Acoustic loudspeakers. Sweet

Dave
Old 06-07-2012, 01:17 AM

First post, hi all!

I'm impressed by all the knowledge around here. Outstanding systems to be found here! And good manners. That's a rare thing these days and I hope I can fit in. English is not my mother tongue so please excuse some complicated phrases here and there.

This thread is of particular interest to me. I've been running my Cremona Auditors with a Luxman L-505f for some years now (Meridian G08, Acoustic Signature Final Tool MKII as main sources) and I've been very happy for the most part. Very involving and lively sound, lots of power and precision, huge soundstage, especially width and height. However the soundstage could be deeper, like it once was when I had a tube amp. And if some recordings (mostly horns) were a little less harsh and trebly, I wouldn't mind either. So it's upgrade time. Going to Guarneri Mementos would be a dream but my room is too small for the GMs. The Auditors fit perfectly because the stands are smaller. Putting Mementos on Auditor stands is a thought that comes up from time to time but that is dismissed as quickly.

Next week I will get a Lindemann 825 CD-Player/DAC because I want my PC to become a serious sounding audio source. I'll see how the Meridian compares - just in case it sounds superior, I will return the Lindemann and start looking for some other DAC. But somehow I expect the Lindemann to be a winner. I'll have to see what it does to the fatigue problem. Which isn't so bad as it may sound, by the way.

Regarding the amp, of course a L-507u or even L-509u come to mind first, but there's no Luxman dealer around where I live that would let me try a unit at home. And to be honest, the Luxmans have become quite expensive here in Europe (due to the strong Yen) and somehow it bothers me that they cost half the price in Japan. Oh well. Anyway, an Electrocompaniet ECI5 MKII would be an intersting alternative, at least that's what I think when I read all the rave reviews. It's fully balanced (I've always liked the idea of having a fully balanced chain), does have a very wide and deep soundstage (if the reviews are correct) and as the icing on the cake, it should sound very smooth. Maybe too smooth? The Lindemann 885 is a third alternative I am considering - maybe the best of the three but also the most expensive. Time will tell...

bodiezaffa, I would highly appreciate a few words on the differences between the L-507u and the ECI5 MKII. Any insight would help. Thanks in advance to anybody that comments on these amps.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:14 PM

Welcome to AA Holycow
Old 06-07-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill

I think I will sell my MA6600 based on your experience.
Wow.... I REALLY liked the MA6600 and feel it is a great integrated amp. I would not rush into this decision.
Sonus Faber Amati Faturas / JL Audio 13.5” Fanthom In Wall Subs / McIntosh C52 / McIntosh MCD 1100 / McIntosh MEN 220 / McIntosh MC 601’s / McIntosh MPC 1500 / McIntosh MT 5 / McIntosh MC 275’s / Luxman AS-55 Amp Selector / Silenzo (This thing is Amazing) / Gold Lion Tubes from Vintage Tube

All items in green were bought thru the AA marketplace and blue from a current AA retailer
Old 06-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Holycow.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado.

I owned the SF Cremona Auditors and loved there sound and ability to simply disappear. I moved from them to the Guarneri Memento's. With the GM's I was further mesmerized by the additional detail, dynamics and their uncanny ability to become invisible, plus their sheer beauty was striking. I have now progressed to the SF Amati Anniversario speakers in Graphite finish. All three different Sonus faber speakers were power with various McIntosh power amplifiers, both tube and solid state, and in each case the sound was always completely convincing and a joy to hear.

The actual space required to place the Guarneri Memento's is really not much more that is consumed by the Auditor's. I don't think you will notice any lose of space in your room with the GM's. You will notice an improvement in the performance, and it is well worth the investment, in my opinion.

Good luck in your upgrade quest. The hunt is half the fun.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 06-07-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:26 PM

I Agree with you 100% I love my MA 6600. 💘
Old 06-07-2012, 05:05 PM

Welcome to AA Holycow.

There is a lot of love here for both Luxman and Sonus Faber

Jim