AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 02-26-2017, 07:37 PM

Default BDP-2 and NAS

I have a BDP-2 which I used to run off of a USB drive and recently connected it to my Synology DS415. It sounds good. Works great, except...

When I add music to the Synology the Bryston does not recognize it being there. The music that was on the Synology is recognized and played. When I add new music to the USB drive and turn on the BDP-2, it recognizes it and all is good. But when I add new music to the Synology, it is not recognized. What am I doing wrong?

(The added music is recognized by iPeng which serves music to my Squeezebox Touch, just not the BDP-2. )

Thanks
Dynaudio Heritage Special. Uptone Audio EtherRegen Ethernet Switch. Akasa NUC 10i7 with Roon Rock. Bryston BDP-3 Digital Music Player (with 4 Tb Internal SSD and Synology DS920+ NAS)-->Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition DAC-->Shunyata Sigma USB—>Gryphon Diablo 120 Integreted Amp w Transpatent XL PC. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD. Additional Cabling: WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Starlight Ethernet, WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW Eclipse 8.

Bedroom System
Ipad with MusicStreamer App-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Focal for Bentley Radiance HO, Massdrop E-MU Teak HP. AK SE 200 DAP.

Mobile Survival Kit
Astell & Kern SP1000M. Noble Kaiser Encore IEM with Double Helix Balanced cable, Westone W80 IEM w ALOaudio Ref 8 cable, Westone W60 IEM, Shure se535 Ltd with Westone Bluetooth Wireless cable-amp. Mark Levinson No. 5909 Wireless HP.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:10 PM

Sounds like an issue related to updating your music database. Which software does the Bryston use to communicate with the NAS? More than likely it is a simple setting that you need to turn on to tell the software to scan the NAS for new/changed folders on a routine basis.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:46 PM

If I remember correct now? Go to the view "media player" then choose setting up in the left corner and check the box "MDP DB enable" then MPD will search when starting up.

MPD always find new files on my NAS, USB drive and my SSD drive and I think that this was what I did to get it working. I am not having my BDP-2 here right now so I can check to be 100% sure but I hope this will help?
Speakers: B&W 802 Diamond.Pre/amplifier: Mark Levinson No:326S/Classé CP-800mk2/ Classé CA-2300/14BSST2.TT: Michell Orbe/SME 309/Benz Micro Wood Digital: Bryston BDA-3/BDP-2 & Mac mini, SOtM-200 Ultra, Roon, Synology NAS. CD/SACD: Marantz 7007
Cables: Supra/Van den Hul/ Isotek, AQ. Others: Isotek Aquaries/Finite Elements/SMT Wings/Entreq
Old 03-01-2017, 06:59 AM

Thanks. I will give it a try.
Dynaudio Heritage Special. Uptone Audio EtherRegen Ethernet Switch. Akasa NUC 10i7 with Roon Rock. Bryston BDP-3 Digital Music Player (with 4 Tb Internal SSD and Synology DS920+ NAS)-->Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition DAC-->Shunyata Sigma USB—>Gryphon Diablo 120 Integreted Amp w Transpatent XL PC. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD. Additional Cabling: WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Starlight Ethernet, WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW Eclipse 8.

Bedroom System
Ipad with MusicStreamer App-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Focal for Bentley Radiance HO, Massdrop E-MU Teak HP. AK SE 200 DAP.

Mobile Survival Kit
Astell & Kern SP1000M. Noble Kaiser Encore IEM with Double Helix Balanced cable, Westone W80 IEM w ALOaudio Ref 8 cable, Westone W60 IEM, Shure se535 Ltd with Westone Bluetooth Wireless cable-amp. Mark Levinson No. 5909 Wireless HP.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassej View Post
If I remember correct now? Go to the view "media player" then choose setting up in the left corner and check the box "MDP DB enable" then MPD will search when starting up.

MPD always find new files on my NAS, USB drive and my SSD drive and I think that this was what I did to get it working. I am not having my BDP-2 here right now so I can check to be 100% sure but I hope this will help?
Hi

Thanks Lassej - that is correct.

james
Old 03-01-2017, 05:19 PM

It worked so thank you both.

Bedroom System

Mobile Survival Kit
Old 03-04-2017, 12:26 PM

I have BDP1-USB connected to a Nas DS 916+ Synology with 12 songs of music in Flac and the BDP1 when it has completed about 35% is blocked, it always gives me this problem, when only you have connected three USB memories of 128 g, Is perfect, BDP Blocking is normal.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:37 PM

There is a button labeled update in media player and on the dashboard which will also check your drives/network shares for new music. If your using 3rd party programs, they to should have a button for this.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegar View Post
I have BDP1-USB connected to a Nas DS 916+ Synology with 12 songs of music in Flac and the BDP1 when it has completed about 35% is blocked, it always gives me this problem, when only you have connected three USB memories of 128 g, Is perfect, BDP Blocking is normal.
When you have the synology connected, how many songs does the BDP register? You can check under the system page. If it's north of 30,000 songs it's likely running out of system memory, if it's less then this then something is likely wrong and you should contact our tech support.

Cheers
Chris