AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Inspire by Dennis Had

Inspire by Dennis Had Enjoying Vacuum Tube Audio

Old 10-01-2018, 05:26 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
You guys need to ask Ivan for a separate Dennis Had or Fire-Bottle, or whatever, forum. This thread has more posts then the great majority of forums on AAf. If Ivan will split it off from Cary it could then have particular threads on tubes, etc. Having to dig thru ~5000 posts for detailed info can be quite tedious.
AGREE 100%. Different companies, different products
now, regardless of founder-designer-owner history.

Site Admin, please:
-Create a separate sub-forum for Inspire.
-Remove/Transfer this long Inspire thread there.

It will be a positive change for both lines, win-win.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
You guys need to ask Ivan for a separate Dennis Had or Fire-Bottle, or whatever, forum. This thread has more posts then the great majority of forums on AAf. If Ivan will split it off from Cary it could then have particular threads on tubes, etc. Having to dig thru ~5000 posts for detailed info can be quite tedious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
AGREE 100%. Different companies, different products
now, regardless of founder-designer-owner history.

Site Admin, please:
-Create a separate sub-forum for Inspire.
-Remove/Transfer this long Inspire thread there.

It will be a positive change for both lines, win-win.
Glenn.......

decooney.......

Unlikely to happen. Administration does not have the time to dig through 500 pages of individual posts to create separate threads for the assorted topics members have posted in this on going miscellany thread. It is up to members to post specific threads that encompass a specific topic, and generally up to the original poster to keep the thread on topic.

As a forum moderator I have read this thread daily from its inception to ensure the forum rules are observed. I do the same with all other threads. The one reoccurring thought I experienced with this thread is how many different topics get discussed without a new thread being started. I figured if it did not bother the original poster then it shouldn't bother me.

Creating a thread under a specific thread title makes it far easier for other members seeking certain information to located specific items of information. Homogenizing so many different topics unrelated to the thread title practically guarantees information of special interest will not be seen because forum members are misdirected by the thread title.

I suggest that those who have special interests in Inspire amps, Fire-Bottle amps, types of tubes and their performance characteristics, or other topics may want to consider starting fresh threads, and the original posters should remain diligent enough to keep their threads on topic.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 10-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Retired

Dan - don't think anyone expects that level of service. Just move this thread to its own forum 'chapter' and all the posters here will take care of creating new threads within same going forward.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 10-01-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Glenn.......

decooney.......

Unlikely to happen. Administration does not have the time to dig through 500 pages of individual posts to create separate threads for the assorted topics members have posted in this on going miscellany thread.

As a forum moderator I have read this thread daily from its inception to ensure the forum rules are observed. I do the same with all other threads.
A moderator who has time to read this and other threads "daily" can certainly notify the administrator and make a worthy recommendation on behalf of your members. If it's not already obvious, people post in one thread (respectfully) for Inspire (under the Cary Audio sub-forum) because they have nowhere else to put it. The volume of posts in one thread certainly begs for consideration. Good Luck.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Dan - don't think anyone expects that level of service. Just move this thread to its own forum 'chapter' and all the posters here will take care of creating new threads within same going forward.
Glenn.......Nothing is stopping anyone from starting a new Inspire or Fire-Bottle thread in the Cary Audio Design forum, the General Audio Discussion forum, or the Pre-Amps & Amplifiers forum. Any of these would be suitable to begin new topics. It is doubtful that an eBay amplifier seller, despite his past association with Cary Audio or his respected reputation as an amp builder, will get a separate forum category on AA.

All 5000 posts in the Dennis Had Inspire Amps thread were posted by less than 90 forum members during the entire five years since the thread's original post. Despite the sheer volume of posts in this thread, the small membership participation numbers do not reflect a significant interest in Dennis Had amplifiers among Audio Aficionado's 173,997 members. There are other forums besides the Cary forum that can be used to discuss Dennis Had's products. It is up to those interested members to post fresh topics in the suggested forums. That would be a great place to start.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 10-02-2018, 06:13 PM

As the original poster, I am not claiming any ownership or management of the thread. Remarkably, it has remained pretty much on topic all this time. I wished I had started this in a more suitable venue but, at the time, I had no idea the thread would have such legs. Pretty amazing!

And, I am leaning towards selling my upgraded KT-150 and LP-2 as I have moved away from tubes. I've already been selling off my backup tubes. I've been using a First Watt J2 without a preamp (DAC serves as preamp). Last weekend, I brought out the KT-150. Immediately my brain started the obsessive process about which tubes.....

So a kind of farewell, though I continue to read here daily and post occasionally. And am still an Omega guy and on that forum.

edit: I was not and am not buying selling or trading here! Jeeesh!

Last edited by pstrisik; 10-02-2018 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Buy, sell, or trade only in the Marketplace
Old 10-02-2018, 06:37 PM

Back to your regularly scheduled program....Monoblock 45s...

Untitled by Analog Addict, on Flickr
Old 10-02-2018, 07:38 PM

If those were PSE 45’s I might find myself trading in my other Inspire amps.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrisik View Post
As the original poster, I am not claiming any ownership or management of the thread. Remarkably, it has remained pretty much on topic all this time. I wished I had started this in a more suitable venue but, at the time, I had no idea the thread would have such legs. Pretty amazing!

And, I am leaning towards selling my upgraded KT-150 and LP-2 as I have moved away from tubes. I've already been selling off my backup tubes. I've been using a First Watt J2 without a preamp (DAC serves as preamp). Last weekend, I brought out the KT-150. Immediately my brain started the obsessive process about which tubes.....

So a kind of farewell, though I continue to read here daily and post occasionally. And am still an Omega guy and on that forum.

edit: I was not and am not buying selling or trading here! Jeeesh!

Sad to here you are leaving the fold. I had a feeling you were headed somewhere different equipment wise.

At this point I feel your thread here is iconic. At least to me.

See you elsewhere.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCityUSA View Post
Sad to here you are leaving the fold. I had a feeling you were headed somewhere different equipment wise.

At this point I feel your thread here is iconic. At least to me.

See you elsewhere.
Thanks, it's been quite a ride!

And thanks for suggesting my 15 minutes of fame!!