AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wireworld Cables

Wireworld Cables A World Of Difference

Old 12-18-2012, 10:37 AM

Default Does it really make a difference?

I have enjoyed many years building my system . It's been lots of fun and an education to say the least. At this point in time I don't see how I can make an audible improvement without spending a whole lot of money, but, I am always open to suggestions. Most of my time is spent listening 2ch music.The one area at this time that I am considering is my speaker wires. I read that the "wire" can make a big improvement but I guess I just don't understand how. Any real life results from the folks here at AA have would be welcome.
My system includes -- C2300, MX135, MC207, MDA1000, MS300, MVP681, MEN220, BRYSTON 7BSST, B&W 802D,B&W HTM2 center, B&W CDM7 surrounds, Velodyne 15' sub, Furman 20i power, Po-ject TT with Dynavector 5x10 cart , Sony 65" Brava tv and Audioquest speaker cables .
Thanks Ed
Old 12-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Music Lover!

My experience with better cables was a wider soundstage, tighting up the bass, more depth, more transparency, more detail/resolution. What interconnects, power cords, speaker cables bring into the picture is it will make what you have to be the best it can be, but your gear has to be up to a certain level to have the cabling do this. You can't have a cheap CD player and put some $1000 interconnects and expect a dcs Vivaldi. The same is true to bring out the best in the Vivaldi, you need very nice cables. Let's call this Synergy.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:45 PM

Ed
Whether it is a "big difference" is open for debate. I believe that power cords, speaker cable and interconnects, in that order, do impact the sound. Different cables will provide different results. You have to find the ones that meet your needs.

The sound your systems delivers is the sum of your gear, cables and room. Tweak away.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Ed.......Just to get a feel for how speaker cable impacts sounds you might want to read my shootout between the Kimber 8TC and Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cables. Both of these speaker cables are well received in the marketplace, and have recieved great reviews in audio magazines.

\\http://www.audioaficionado.org/wirew...ker-cable.html

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 12-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Audio,Trains & Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkoz View Post
I have enjoyed many years building my system . It's been lots of fun and an education to say the least. At this point in time I don't see how I can make an audible improvement without spending a whole lot of money, but, I am always open to suggestions. Most of my time is spent listening 2ch music.The one area at this time that I am considering is my speaker wires. I read that the "wire" can make a big improvement but I guess I just don't understand how. Any real life results from the folks here at AA have would be welcome.
My system includes -- C2300, MX135, MC207, MDA1000, MS300, MVP681, MEN220, BRYSTON 7BSST, B&W 802D,B&W HTM2 center, B&W CDM7 surrounds, Velodyne 15' sub, Furman 20i power, Po-ject TT with Dynavector 5x10 cart , Sony 65" Brava tv and Audioquest speaker cables .
Thanks Ed
Honestly I don't think anyone understands how wire makes a difference, but it does, trust your ears.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:59 PM
From the BAT cave ...

I was a doubter, then bit the bullet and tried it big, and now I am a fervent believer.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/wirew...ng-coming.html
Old 12-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Music Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdelahanty View Post
Honestly I don't think anyone understands how wire makes a difference, but it does, trust your ears.
Sometimes the difference is night and day.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:45 PM

Ed,

The only way you will find out, to be quite honest, is to try it for yourself. Many good audio stores will actually let you take audio cables home for you to test.

Nordost, for example, does have an excellent demo on how cables make a difference. Try to see if you can get to see one. Different cables will impact your system differently. So you will need to experiment.

Another way to sample is take your cables with you to an audio store and ask the salesman to switch them with what they prefer to use and see what differences emerge on their equipment. I think you will be quite surprised.

Not everyone hears the same thing or the same way. There are some who don't think cabling makes a huge difference. While I don't agree, I respect their perspective.

Take your time. Do some research and auditioning and decide if this is an upgrade you want to make.

One last point. The higher quality your system is, the more important cables become. You have excellent electronics. I would think you would want to get the best sound you can from them...

Happy hunting.. and ENJOY!...
Old 12-18-2012, 05:46 PM

I was skeptical for years, but no more. I would say my Power Cords made the biggest difference, then speaker cables and then interconnects. Be warned: some speaker cables can make your system sound worse! For example, to me, anything with silver in it is awful - unless your speakers have the dullest tweeter known to man. Stick with the best copper you can afford. I like WW Eclipse stuff and WW Electra - but NOT silver eclipse or silver Electra. Stick with OCC copper (and no silver) and you'll notice improvements.

Spending more will not necessarily get you better cables. Spend smart and know what you're buying.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:53 PM

That's very interesting and I think you are probably the first person I have ever come across who has expirmented with silver and didn't like it, so many people tend to covet silver.