AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 AM

I want to upgrade in my speaker and interconnect cables. Currently, I have like Transparent super as speaker cables and transparent musiclink as interconnect. My speakers are Wilson Audio Watt Puppy 8 (front) and Wilson Audio Cub (and surround). I own a Meridian 861v6 as a processor and a McIntosh MC 207 as an amplifier. Which transparent cables would bring greater benefit to me? (I want to upgrade my interconnect cables and my front speaker cables at this moment)
Old 07-22-2012, 10:32 AM

renabot77,

Are your Transparents the MM2 version? I'd recommend going as far up their line as you can afford, each level does offering a upgrade...the Ultra MM2 and Reference MM2 are excellent cables, among the best anywhere. You're Wilson's will let you clearly hear the differences...

I'd say your interconnect from source to pre is first priority..then speaker/pre to amp...but this is debatable....

On your interconnect if you went from Musiclink to Ultra mm2 (or reference) you won't regret it!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:37 AM

Nostromo:

My dealer loaned my his Reference MM2's and I bought Reference MM, MM2 version (so a step above the Ref XL MM2).

It's a clear and definitive improvement in bass clarity, power and lower noise floor. The lower noise floor allows more of everything to come through. Also the networks are more precisely matched to the point I've tried other amps...but the cable is so tuned that other amps aren't working out...
Old 07-22-2012, 10:48 PM

My Transparent Super cables are MM version. I'll give them and other cables I have to get my Ultra cables. I'm very excited about ultra cables. However, I think about changing my speaker cable order to Reference. I don't know if I have electronic and speakers capable to allow Reference cables to show all their potential. What do you think?

Regards,

Renato

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
renabot77,

Are your Transparents the MM2 version? I'd recommend going as far up their line as you can afford, each level does offering a upgrade...the Ultra MM2 and Reference MM2 are excellent cables, among the best anywhere. You're Wilson's will let you clearly hear the differences...

I'd say your interconnect from source to pre is first priority..then speaker/pre to amp...but this is debatable....

On your interconnect if you went from Musiclink to Ultra mm2 (or reference) you won't regret it!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:08 AM

Three brands I would recommend you audition & in no particular order are MIT Oracle, Transparent Reference XL or above & the Kubala Sosna Elation. The MIT cables are very neutral with excellent sound staging, extended highs & great dynamics. Similarly, the Transparent Ref MM2 which are in my system are very well balanced. Excellent sound staging, great retrieval of low level detail and overall a very neutral cable. You love hearing delicate instruments such as mandolins & cymbals with this cable & Sophias especially with tubes (Awesome with SET's). They are very quiet & beautifully made. I heard the LAMM Wilson room with the Onedof table at CES this year. The whole system was wired with KS Elation and the sound was amazing. My favorite is the Transparent, but you may fancy something else. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these brands.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renabot77 View Post
My Transparent Super cables are MM version. I'll give them and other cables I have to get my Ultra cables. I'm very excited about ultra cables. However, I think about changing my speaker cable order to Reference. I don't know if I have electronic and speakers capable to allow Reference cables to show all their potential. What do you think?

Regards,

Renato
As was mentioned in another post, try to get a full suite of cables from Transparent - as they work synergistically together. So if you can upgrade to Ultras for all your cable, that'd be the way to go.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:12 PM

Wink

Thank you very much, saint. It is very difficult to give a shot in the dark (that's what I'm doing buying cables without knowing them...but I don't have a choice, as I said in other posts). I'm really excited about how ultra cabling can change my system. I will tell you my experience with TA ultra as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
As was mentioned in another post, try to get a full suite of cables from Transparent - as they work synergistically together. So if you can upgrade to Ultras for all your cable, that'd be the way to go.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renabot77
Thank you very much, saint. It is very difficult to give a shot in the dark (that's what I'm doing buying cables without knowing them...but I don't have a choice, as I said in other posts). I'm really excited about how ultra cabling can change my system. I will tell you my experience with TA ultra as soon as possible.
I can't wait to hear what your impressions will be after you've installed the new set of TA Ultra MM2 cables. Keep in mind, though, that if you cannot upgrade all the cables to reference at once, you'll be in the same position you're in now - except with Ultra MM2s. It's a nice problem to have.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:01 AM

I can´t wait either. About "nice problems" I would like to ask you this:
I have three sources for playing music: Meridian Soooloos MC200, Denon Universal Player A1UCD and Meridian 800 DVD player. I'm buying a pair and a half ultra rca musicwave cables to connect my Denon to my Meridian 861v6 (I bought 1 pair and a half cables to im to improve Trifield quality playing sacd). However, a friend of mine insists that I will have better results if I use my ultra cables to connect my MC200 to my v6. I already have ID40 card and use an ethernet cable to connect these two devices. This is considered the best connection possible for all persons I asked. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
I can't wait to hear what your impressions will be after you've installed the new set of TA Ultra MM2 cables. Keep in mind, though, that if you cannot upgrade all the cables to reference at once, you'll be in the same position you're in now - except with Ultra MM2s. It's a nice problem to have.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renabot77
I can´t wait either. About "nice problems" I would like to ask you this:
I have three sources for playing music: Meridian Soooloos MC200, Denon Universal Player A1UCD and Meridian 800 DVD player. I'm buying a pair and a half ultra rca musicwave cables to connect my Denon to my Meridian 861v6 (I bought 1 pair and a half cables to im to improve Trifield quality playing sacd). However, a friend of mine insists that I will have better results if I use my ultra cables to connect my MC200 to my v6. I already have ID40 card and use an ethernet cable to connect these two devices. This is considered the best connection possible for all persons I asked. What do you think?
Hi Renabot77,

You've got some world class gear. I've always been a HUGE fan of Meridian. In fact, I used to own some Meridian gear - the 596 DVD/CD player and the 568 Pre/Pro. Not sure why I sold it, now that I think about it. But anyway, it was awesome stuff. In relation to your question, I'm not that familiar with Meridian gear at this point. But I've got three questions:

1. What does Meridian recommend?
2. Why can't you connect both devices to the V6?
3. What do your ears tell you?

Last edited by thesaint519; 07-26-2012 at 03:51 PM.