AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Dynaudio Speakers

Dynaudio Speakers Authentic Fidelity

Old 01-11-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Buddy, what are you using for surrounds, or are you using a 3.1 system?
Stephen I have been using some Def. Tech surrounds for quite a while now.
I want to switch to some Dynaudio on-walls, but I always end up allocating funds to 2-channel related gear as this is my priority.

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
MSB Reference DAC
Innuos Statement w/Next Gen. PS
B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
Shunyata Cables
Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments
Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglax View Post
Some of the Countour line has Esotar ie the big speakers and center. The others have the Esotech. Would the systems be voice matched if the tweeters were not the same? Keep in mind I have little knowledge of electrical engineering.
The mains in that product line with the Esotars are a higher end tweeter. The others are very good as well.

It all has to do with the spl, crossover ratings dispersion etc.

You should be fine if this is all part of a 5.1 surround system etc.

In the sides rears etc they are simply saving a few $$s for the most part and the side ch are not in most cases as demanding in overall high end HZ levels etc.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio 1 View Post
Stephen I have been using some Def. Tech surrounds for quite a while now.
I want to switch to some Dynaudio on-walls, but I always end up allocating funds to 2-channel related gear as this is my priority.
I've been using Era Design 4s for my front L/R and center, and Era Design 3s for my L/R surrounds. Someday I may transition to an all-Dyn system for HDTV.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhog View Post
The mains in that product line with the Esotars are a higher end tweeter. The others are very good as well.

It all has to do with the spl, crossover ratings dispersion etc.

You should be fine if this is all part of a 5.1 surround system etc.

In the sides rears etc they are simply saving a few $$s for the most part and the side ch are not in most cases as demanding in overall high end HZ levels etc.
That's correct, in most cases L/R side channels are primarlly brief sound effects, anyway. Personally, I could never see anyone use C1s or C2s for L/R surrounds....seems like overkill to me.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
That's correct, in most cases L/R side channels are primarlly brief sound effects, anyway. Personally, I could never see anyone use C1s or C2s for L/R surrounds....seems like overkill to me.
Heh, yeah. Honestly, even in modern action movies there seems to be not that much stuff happening in the surround channels that even the Focus 160 seems like an overkill option.

As I've mentioned before I was thinking of the Focus 160s for rears since they're cheapest Dyn that has the Walnut finish option, but it just feels nuts to put speakers I could most likely easily live with as main speakers to surround duty, especially since they're still nowhere near cheap

After all I've been happy with my cheap 4x PSB Alpha B1 setup for movies as it is, so probably just have to deal with the wrong color and use the Audience 42s as rears for the foreseeable future, and buy the subwoofer (Dyn SUB 600) and possibly a better AVR (NAD T 757?) first instead. But even those will take a long, long time to save up for.