AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 09-08-2011, 01:04 PM

Alls I can say is:

Last edited by MisterBritt; 09-08-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Nice Shindo system. Giscours, Cortese, Latour field coils.

It's great to see someone with the obvious financial means and a dedicated room for such a system use the "humble" (comparatively speaking) little 10+10W Cortese.

It has been months since I got my Cortese and it continues to enchant and captivate me day-in and day-out. I can only imagine how great it would sound in a larger room and with those speakers ... wait, I don't have to imagine it -- I heard that combination at Pitch Perfect in a room that was even larger and taller. It sounded F A N T A S T I C.

Alberto
Old 09-08-2011, 07:42 PM

I've read about this room before on the Klipsch forums..

Some info on the room/dealer

Dealer Profile - Ultimate Audio Video | Stereophile.com

Last edited by Masterlu; 09-11-2011 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Sorry, no links to other forums permitted.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 PM

Sweet, I thought it was a Rives room, i recognize the round rear diffuser and ceiling treatments. I belong to the Audiophile Club of Toronto (ACT) and one of the guys in the group has a Rives room, it's pretty over the top.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
It's great to see someone with the obvious financial means and a dedicated room for such a system use the "humble" (comparatively speaking) little 10+10W Cortese.

It has been months since I got my Cortese and it continues to enchant and captivate me day-in and day-out. I can only imagine how great it would sound in a larger room and with those speakers ... wait, I don't have to imagine it -- I heard that combination at Pitch Perfect in a room that was even larger and taller. It sounded F A N T A S T I C.

Alberto
Alberto,
Nice pic ! Thanks for sharing.
I just don't like this Cortese sitting on the floor but that's a dealer's room....

Last edited by Jerome W; 09-09-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:50 PM

Hey guys, newbie here, how do I post a pic of my system here? I tried adding a link to the pic in Picasa but it doesn't show up?

Last edited by Mikeyc; 09-11-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyc View Post
Hey guys, newbie here, how do I post a pic of my system here? I tried adding a link to the pic in Picasa but it doesn't show up?
MikeyC...welcome to AA. I believe you have to become a subscriber or have a certain number of posts before being able to post pictures and access all the things the site has to offer. You can check this link out: http://www.audioaficionado.org/payments.php
Old 09-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyc View Post
Strange, I saw the link and this photo in my email alert, but not on the post. Here's what I saw.

It's a very nice system, I love the speakers, appreciate the sound treatment in the back ... and don't even get me started about that super-serious looking, means business, turntable plinth.

I am not sure what the post count has to be in order to post photos, but with a system like that, you should seriously consider becoming an Audio Aficionado member so you can post freely, send and receive messages, buy/sell, etc. There's no other dedicated Shindo forum on the web and it might be the best audio $ you spent ... about the price of a quality LP.

Give it some consideration. I am not a paying member on any other forum - but AA is definitely worth it because of Ivan.

Whatever you decide to do, I am thrilled to see another Shindo Aficionado in this forum. I still have my Montille and Auriges and they got a lot of playing time in the living room today .

Alberto
Old 09-12-2011, 02:39 AM

That looks fantastic!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
Strange, I saw the link and this photo in my email alert, but not on the post. Here's what I saw.

It's a very nice system, I love the speakers, appreciate the sound treatment in the back ... and don't even get me started about that super-serious looking, means business, turntable plinth.

I am not sure what the post count has to be in order to post photos, but with a system like that, you should seriously consider becoming an Audio Aficionado member so you can post freely, send and receive messages, buy/sell, etc. There's no other dedicated Shindo forum on the web and it might be the best audio $ you spent ... about the price of a quality LP.

Give it some consideration. I am not a paying member on any other forum - but AA is definitely worth it because of Ivan.

Whatever you decide to do, I am thrilled to see another Shindo Aficionado in this forum. I still have my Montille and Auriges and they got a lot of playing time in the living room today .

Alberto
Hi Alberto thanks for the kind words, I'll definitely consider joining up. Just to give you some background on my system, I have a small room, so I wanted a system that could draw me in and connect me with the music. I don't need huge tower speakers powered by a mega watt SS amp so I decided to go with an old skool system that utilizes well regarded and classic NOS pieces from the 70s and 80s. I started out with an Aurieges preamp from Matt and over the years added another Shindo piece and a cable here and the sound evolved into quite a holistic Shindo sound. I don't have top of the line Shindo gear, but I think in terms of philosophy and synergies its not bad and I'm in no rush to change anything at the moment.

I'm running a Montille with Mullard EL84s and an Auriege MM. All interconnects between the pre, power amp and the Auditorium 23 SUT are Shindo and the speaker cables are A23. Speakers are Coral Beta 8s, single driver, very dynamic and efficient (over 100 dB) so I never have to have the volume dial past 10 o'clock. The table is a a poor man's Shindo/Garrard 301 - its a Lenco L75 modded by the (in)famous Jean Nantais, with a CLD plinth consisting of 11 layers of alternating birch plywood and mdf and it weighs in at over 70 lbs so excellent at isolating the cart from vibrations. Its an idler design (platter spins via a wheel under the platter) which results in very stable speed. Most notable is its sense of PRaT (pacing, rhythm, and timing). I also have an old skool Audiocraft 300 arm with an EMT JDS 5. I haven't seen too many EMT carts on this forum, but you guys should check them out if you haven't already, they're really special and match with Shindo gear very well - Matt at PP absolutely loves 'em also. As a backup arm I have a Moerch DP6 with a Dyna 20X cart, but it sees very little use as I love the sound from the EMT.

The most recent piece I got was a Mr T. I think its the cherry on top. Although I have dedicated lines and my power is pretty clean, the Mr T power conditioner adds another 10% or so to the overall sound. It makes the background a little bit blacker and, the bass more defined.

The CDP is a Cayin with tube output but it rarely ever gets turned on these days as I play about 99% vinyl. I also have a Velodyne 12" sub to augment the lower octaves and a smattering of ther amps (Bedini 100/100, Marantz 8B). but they also see very little use as I'm in love with the delicous Shindo sound - especially with older Jazz from the 50s and 60s. I wouldn't be surprised if Shindo San voices his gear with jazz because they're a match in heaven.

Finally the rear wall treatments are actually quite simple, they're acoustic tiles made by Mio, very cheap at only about $40 IIRC.

Last edited by Mikeyc; 09-12-2011 at 10:05 AM.