AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wyred 4 Sound

Wyred 4 Sound Rediscover Your Music

Old 04-08-2016, 09:41 PM

Dan. Did you ever audition a regen? Just curious. I feel like a got a steal on this item
Old 04-08-2016, 09:50 PM

WOW good to know Dan, so that is kinda what I was thinking, if you add this into the system and you are running a high end cable aka WW Platinum etc etc. it would come to reason you so have the in and out on the same high end cable as to not degrade the signal.

PS Ivan. looks good and thanks for your impressions too.

I have not installed or purchased the W4S Recovery yet You really like it that Much on the K03 and )1s you guys?

I have to admit after many on the other products jitter bug etc I have not dived back into the notion of adding into the USB line and was and have been staying as pure as I can.

But know you guys got me really leaning towards this.

Can you guys provide more detail of how you think it sounds better, is it better dynamic range, cleaner, more separation, is it boosting the volume better highs etc?

thank you all!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by timm View Post
Dan. Did you ever audition a regen? Just curious. I feel like a got a steal on this item
Tim.......I have not tried the Uptone Audio Regen. I have read good things about it, most recently in John Darko's Wyred 4 Sound Recovery review where he compared it to the Regen and said it was extremely close.

Read Darko's review here: Fighting fit USB audio from the Wyred4Sound Recovery | DAR__KO

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 04-08-2016, 10:02 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhog View Post
WOW good to know Dan, so that is kinda what I was thinking, if you add this into the system and you are running a high end cable aka WW Platinum etc etc. it would come to reason you so have the in and out on the same high end cable as to not degrade the signal.

Can you guys provide more detail of how you think it sounds better, is it better dynamic range, cleaner, more separation, is it boosting the volume better highs etc?
Dave.......Did you miss my http://www.audioaficionado.org/wyred...ry-review.html ?

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 04-08-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:53 PM

Thanks I did, and I will take some time and read it now, thank you
Old 04-08-2016, 11:05 PM

If I am not mistaken I do not believe the regen has a femto clock included. The Recovery does. If so then this would make a difference.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Merry Christmas to all

It just struck me tonight as I listened to my high-res music from my laptop through the Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cables and the Wyred 4 Sound Recovery into the Esoteric K-03's DAC. It's so simple it's like falling off a log. The Recovery actually makes music sound more analog. As I listened to the Recovery and enjoyed the fresh rich earthyness in the performances I found my mind struggling to identify just exactly what it was about the Recovery that endeared it to me. In a word......analog. To my ears that is what's happening. The music is being presented in such a way that it truly does sound like analog music. I can't think of any other way to explain why I seem to be enjoying my high-res digital music more than ever before with the Recovery in the USB signal path. Wyred 4 Sound could have easily called this device Analog Recovery.

Last edited by jdandy; 04-09-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:54 PM

That is 100% what I was seeing with the Recovery from day one. Granted I do not have the analog setup to compare, I was going strictly by memory.... however... from my absolutely first post...

"The Recovery seems to make USB sources much more vinyl sounding if that makes sense. With this in place and a good DSD recording I do believe a top end analog source has met it's match."

Granted this conclusion was coming from much lower level equipment....
Old 04-09-2016, 12:21 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
.... however... from my absolutely first post...

"The Recovery seems to make USB sources much more vinyl sounding if that makes sense. With this in place and a good DSD recording I do believe a top end analog source has met it's match."
Randy.......I think you nailed it.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
It just struck me tonight as I listened to my high-res music from my laptop through the Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cables and the Wyred 4 Sound Recovery into the Esoteric K-03's DAC. It's so simple it's like falling off a log. The Recovery actually makes music sound more analog. As I listened to the Recovery and enjoyed the fresh rich earthyness in the performances I found my mind struggling to identify just exactly what it was about the Recovery that endeared it to me. In a word......analog. To my ears that is what's happening. The music is being presented in such a way that it truly does sound like analog music. I can't think of any other way to explain why I seem to be enjoying my high-res digital music more than ever before with the Recovery in the USB signal path. Wyred 4 Sound could have easily called this device Analog Recovery. .
Ok fine. I'm going to order one. I already have great USB cables and a good power supply.
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds