AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wyred 4 Sound

Wyred 4 Sound Rediscover Your Music

Old 03-09-2016, 10:41 PM

I do not claim to understand the technical side, therefore I do not claim to be able to explain the technical aspects of it.

However I know that the Remedy has an extremely good reputation and excellent reviews.

The bLINK is a new product and therefore I have not seen reviews, but honestly I have not looked for them either since I have no interest in Blue Tooth connections to my audio system.

I can say for sure that the Recovery does an amazing job. I know of several other members here who also have tried it and report how amazing it it. I can't try to explain how it works only that it does. EJ did describe how it worked to me, but honestly it was way above my head ....
Old 03-09-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutomac View Post
When you put it that way, I am thinking my hearing might never be able to detect an 80% improvement of an 80% improvement...

They are not super expensive items, buy them both, test and decide. Sell what you don't want
Hahaha excellent and so true hahahah
Thank you for a good laugh, does not happen often, soothes the pain and cost of audio system and sound quality we look forward to

AJ

McIntosh C2300 Pre, MC452 Amp - Esoteric K-01X - JL e112 Subwoofer - Martin Logan Motion 60XT Speakers - SONOS Connect - W4S Remedy - IFI iPower9
Old 03-10-2016, 08:53 AM

Comments sound a lot like what the Uptone Audio REGEN does ahead of a DAC. It improved things on my PS Audio DS DAC, but I don't hear much improvement with my BDA-3. Go figure!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 03-10-2016, 10:34 AM

scirocco:
In your case, as in most Audio improvement claims and as I personally understand it, it is either subjective or left to the ear of the beholder without any factual data supporting the improvement suggestion.

I was just trying to understand factual claims and written statements made by W4S and whether these claims are (or not) improved by chaining one "jitter cleanser" product to an another, as it was explain in posts above. Are we improving the left over 20% jitter with an audible difference or do both products phase out each other by using the same jitter cleansing process and algorithm.

Since W4S uses a software to show improvement with Remedy (attached info from their website), it's would be great if they could also back up their statements by chaining bLINk (or other jitter cleanser) to DSDSe and show the signal results coming out with both units chained together. Don't thing it should take them very long to do.

The reason I brought up the W4S question is because W4S states factual claims on some of their product and not others and before purchasing an add-on "jitter cleanser" to a DDse, it would be nice to know if technology is redundant and superfuxe, coming from same manufacturer which I would think uses similar technology in its sister product.

bLINK
Femto-grade reclocker drastically reduces jitter
(Specs do NOT include any data analyses backing up their claim of "jitter reduction")

REMEDY RECLOCKER
Superior jitter reduction​
(Specs shows data analyses backing up their "jitter reduction" claim. Graph below)

DAC-2 DSDs
Femto Grade Clock (82 fSec phase jitter)
"...optimizes phase jitter by over 80%..."

AJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (15.1 KB, 10 views)

McIntosh C2300 Pre, MC452 Amp - Esoteric K-01X - JL e112 Subwoofer - Martin Logan Motion 60XT Speakers - SONOS Connect - W4S Remedy - IFI iPower9
Old 03-10-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdo View Post
Hahaha excellent and so true hahahah
Thank you for a good laugh, does not happen often, soothes the pain and cost of audio system and sound quality we look forward to

AJ
You are welcome! :thumbs: There is so much stuff out there with so many claims, I sometimes feel like my equipment will be perpetually inadequate. No matter what I buy, or how much I spend, there is some darn shit somewhere else that is better!
I use the Remedy and really like it, because I did perceive a qualitative difference between with and without while connected to my Sonos Connect.

( As a side comment, I also experienced an improvement of my sound when I bought my MC452, when I added PS Audio's PowerPlants throughout my system, and when I added some PS Audio Noise Harvesters.)

As long as I can afford it, and can remain married, I will continue to experiment here and there, only because it keeps me busy and entertained
Old 03-10-2016, 12:16 PM

I can only comment on the Recovery for USB and I noticed a very nice improvement as others on AA have also attested to.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdo View Post
scirocco:
In your case, as in most Audio improvement claims and as I personally understand it, it is either subjective or left to the ear of the beholder without any factual data supporting the improvement suggestion.

I was just trying to understand factual claims and written statements made by W4S and whether these claims are (or not) improved by chaining one "jitter cleanser" product to an another, as it was explain in posts above. Are we improving the left over 20% jitter with an audible difference or do both products phase out each other by using the same jitter cleansing process and algorithm.

Since W4S uses a software to show improvement with Remedy (attached info from their website), it's would be great if they could also back up their statements by chaining bLINk (or other jitter cleanser) to DSDSe and show the signal results coming out with both units chained together. Don't thing it should take them very long to do.

The reason I brought up the W4S question is because W4S states factual claims on some of their product and not others and before purchasing an add-on "jitter cleanser" to a DDse, it would be nice to know if technology is redundant and superfuxe, coming from same manufacturer which I would think uses similar technology in its sister product.

bLINK
Femto-grade reclocker drastically reduces jitter
(Specs do NOT include any data analyses backing up their claim of "jitter reduction")

REMEDY RECLOCKER
Superior jitter reduction​
(Specs shows data analyses backing up their "jitter reduction" claim. Graph below)

DAC-2 DSDs
Femto Grade Clock (82 fSec phase jitter)
"...optimizes phase jitter by over 80%..."

AJ
Hello AJ,

The short answer is, the Femto in the Remedy is the same as in the bLINK. So what can be deduced from the Remedy can also cross over to the bLINK. The benefit of reclocking the signal before it gets to the DAC is that the DAC has a cleaner signal to work with from the beginning. The resulting sound benefits from that. In this way, having the two in the chain together is not redundant.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
I can only comment on the Recovery for USB and I noticed a very nice improvement as others on AA have also attested to.
It is true what they say about these little W4S devices.

I finally have a system that's resolving enough to react well to tweaks and/or upgrades, and one improvement that was/is definitely heard is the effects of the W4S Recovery USB Reclocker. I don't know if it uses the same Femto clock as the Remedy and bLink mentioned above, but I'm sure the end results of all three are very similar.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:47 PM

I am truly impressed by what the W4S products do. EJ is an audio engineering genius (as quoted by several audio magazines including The Absolute Sound). Having him explain what these amazing little devices do in person I can tell you this young man is in a whole different stratosphere than I. Which pisses me off .... I am a computer software engineer and have some pretty decent chops in anything electronics and he is way above me ...
Old 03-10-2016, 11:55 PM

You said chops... LOL