AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wyred 4 Sound

Wyred 4 Sound Rediscover Your Music

Old 08-16-2016, 12:33 AM

They have new SX-1000R mono block amplifiers...
Old 11-05-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
They have new SX-1000R mono block amplifiers...
Hi Randy:
Couldn't resist the chance to upgrade a couple of my SX-1000's to the new R model. Will be sending them (2 of my 5) in next week. Until I get another Ayre amp to match my the other Ayre's in my system I will use these for the surrounds in place of the SX-1000's.
I think the trade-in deal is fair enough and a trouble free way to move into the newer design. anxious to hear what EJ has done.
Seems the Statement is on hold until sometime next year.
In my vacation home I have another system using a Marantz receiver. Not thrilled with the sound. Thinking of using the pre out into a multi channel W4S amp but would prefer a multi channel using the R design.
Looks like you let your Goldmund go in favor or the Wyred? Interesting.
Hope your system is still pleasing you. You've made a lot of effort to obtain the right synergy.
popspin
Old 11-06-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popspin View Post
Hi Randy:
Couldn't resist the chance to upgrade a couple of my SX-1000's to the new R model. Will be sending them (2 of my 5) in next week. Until I get another Ayre amp to match my the other Ayre's in my system I will use these for the surrounds in place of the SX-1000's.
I think the trade-in deal is fair enough and a trouble free way to move into the newer design. anxious to hear what EJ has done.
Seems the Statement is on hold until sometime next year.
In my vacation home I have another system using a Marantz receiver. Not thrilled with the sound. Thinking of using the pre out into a multi channel W4S amp but would prefer a multi channel using the R design.
Looks like you let your Goldmund go in favor or the Wyred? Interesting.
Hope your system is still pleasing you. You've made a lot of effort to obtain the right synergy.
popspin
Hey there,

Yea the Goldmund went a long while back. Good amplifier but, being that I am just rebuilding, I can't keep everything. Wish I could ...

I used the Wyred amplifier for a while and then I went on to the SST. The Son Of Ampzilla is one heck of an amplifier! Very open and smooth with all kinds of reserve power. And again, EJ and crew build it in their California facility and back it with a five year warranty!
Old 12-13-2016, 05:54 PM

Hi Randy:
I traded in 2 of my 5 SX-1000's for a pair of the new R's. That's the good news. The transaction went pretty smoothly. They invoiced me for the new amps at the stated trade-in deal price and then credited me for my old amps after they received and inspected them.
Since they are being used for surround duty at the moment in my main system I can't tell you much more about their sound vs the old ones. I will be getting another Ayre amp for the surrounds then will try the amps vs a Devialet I am not convinced is as good as others say it is. Then I will let you know more. That's a couple months away after I re-do my listening space.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popspin View Post
Hi Randy:
I traded in 2 of my 5 SX-1000's for a pair of the new R's. That's the good news. The transaction went pretty smoothly. They invoiced me for the new amps at the stated trade-in deal price and then credited me for my old amps after they received and inspected them.
Since they are being used for surround duty at the moment in my main system I can't tell you much more about their sound vs the old ones. I will be getting another Ayre amp for the surrounds then will try the amps vs a Devialet I am not convinced is as good as others say it is. Then I will let you know more. That's a couple months away after I re-do my listening space.
I have four SX-1000's myself. Please let us know if the "R" version is worth the upgrade. I use mine as bass amps so I'm thinking it might not make very much of a difference.