AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 06-14-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erocka2000 View Post
I have the new tube rectified Cortese along with the new version Monbrison and DeVore O/96s. The problem is, the bass from the O/96s is overloading my rather small space; a 12'x12' section of a 17'x12' room. I previously had O/93s and never had a problem with the bass, so I thought the O/96s would also work. I guess I was wrong.

I also had Audio Note AN-E SPe HE speakers right before the O/96s and in hindsight, they actually worked better in my room than the O/96s (which I thought would be a better match impedance wise with the Cortese).

So I'm on the hunt for some other speakers in the small to medium size that work well with the 16 ohm taps of the Shindo Cortese.

I've already researched the Altec options (Valenicia, 604e) and there is no way to fit them in my space.

So are there any other speakers that have a full sound (~40Hz bass) that are efficient enough and have an easy impedance load to work well with the Cortese?
I was having the same issues but with the Audio Note AN-E SPe HE speakers driving them with LM 845 amp and LM805IA. I tried everything for several months i even bought a Pass Labs XA25 thinking better control of the bass. Well nothing worked i could get them sounding good but not good enough especially for 8k.

Frustrated i sold the AN speakers and looked for a pair of used speakers to hold me over until this pandemic is over and i could audition some speakers. I bought a pair of Devore Nines which i had owned in the past and enjoyed, all i can say is that the Nines brought back a smile to my face now everything was right after months of frustration, they sounded 5 times better than the AN speakers ever sounded in my room. I`m so happy now i`m not even thinking about buying other speakers.

I know in the past that you have owned the Nines, even though our amps are not the same i thought i would let you know my experience regarding the bass issues and how my issue was solved.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH67 View Post
I was having the same issues but with the Audio Note AN-E SPe HE speakers driving them with LM 845 amp and LM805IA. I tried everything for several months i even bought a Pass Labs XA25 thinking better control of the bass. Well nothing worked i could get them sounding good but not good enough especially for 8k.

Frustrated i sold the AN speakers and looked for a pair of used speakers to hold me over until this pandemic is over and i could audition some speakers. I bought a pair of Devore Nines which i had owned in the past and enjoyed, all i can say is that the Nines brought back a smile to my face now everything was right after months of frustration, they sounded 5 times better than the AN speakers ever sounded in my room. I`m so happy now i`m not even thinking about buying other speakers.

I know in the past that you have owned the Nines, even though our amps are not the same i thought i would let you know my experience regarding the bass issues and how my issue was solved.
I've owned the Nines in the past and prefer many other DeVore speakers (which I've also owned) over them. Right now, I'm probably leaning on finding another pair of AN-Es since I know they worked well with my room as well as my Shindo gear.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:24 AM

ok i'm late but this is pertinent.

i installed an-e in my room and had big bass bloat issues.

these solved with a sub and massive toe in. i used a mic and REW to check room response. one minute the corner position was boomy and slightly more toe in and "gone". i have never heard sound quite like it and they are way back in the corners which everyone loves!

however to the gent with the issue, a square room is a near insoluble problem re: booming bass as i understand it. you need to try and shorten one length to make it a rectangular room.