AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Meridian Audio

Meridian Audio Listen Closely

Old 05-14-2015, 08:06 AM

I am canceling Room until I see where Roon and Meridian are better integrated. I was able to get my music onto Roon from the MC200 but without being able to turn off the Sooloos Core the music would only play from my laptop and not me 808 endpoint.

From what I tried I can see Roon has some nice things but that is not the way I listen or look for music. I am sure others will like how it links all of your music so you have many options for searching and selecting. That just isn't how I select what I want in the queue.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:37 PM

As a Linn DS user I thought this might be of interest and downloaded it, but unfortunately even though they show Linn as a partner, it doesn't work with the DS yet. Also lack of an iPad app and integration with Qobuz (now integrated in the Linn system) make it less attractive for me.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 05-18-2015, 03:22 AM

I'm guessing 4-6 months to get iOS/Android client ready and more devicesupport from currently listed partners.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:47 AM

The amount of meta tag info it pulls up for music is undeniably cool ... I just wish it did the same for movies. I already have JRiver that has all my music, movies, pictures and even Tidal and YouTube going through it and I like having my media all in one library. I don't want to subscribe to yet another expensive software program that can only do one thing ... even though JRiver is very jealous of what it can do for music.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crion View Post
I'm guessing 4-6 months to get iOS/Android client ready and more devicesupport from currently listed partners.
Android tablet app is expected this weekend; iOS (iPad) app 'in June'.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Rebellious!

Got an update last night! Supports DSD

Roon Adds DSD Support | AudioStream
Old 06-03-2015, 11:28 AM

This is a good upgrade. I've unfortunately been very busy over the last two months and haven't been able to fully participate in the beta program. First impressions "for me" were that this just isn't the way I normally access music and didn't see a huge benefit. I'm going to spend more time with it now that my fiscal year has closed and see what all the excitement is about.
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 06-04-2015, 04:07 AM

Apparently the iOS App is due this month, though I've heard nothing more definite about specific dates.

I got Roon up and running last weekend. Was very easy to install and only too 15 mins to catalogue roughly 1200 CDs.
SQ seems to be the same as when I was hosting with my MC200. It spotted my ID40 card in my 861v4 with no issues.

The only genuine issue I had was with the linking between the remote (using a laptop) and the server, which for some reason didn't work for a couple of hours on Sat. Since then, it's been fine. Probably just an issue with my local wi-fi.

Functionality really is brilliant.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Rebellious!

The iOS App, as far as I understand, will function solely as a remote.

If anyone has ever used JRemote w/ JRiver, the feature of streaming one's libary over a mobile connection is excellent.

So that^ AND the ability to sync songs to the Roon App on the Andriod/iOS Device for local playback is something I am going to request from Roon.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:51 PM
Rebellious!

I am about a month in and I have no issues. Support is the best and Roon improves every day.

Still needs Mobile Sync- Then we all can leave iTunes, Amarra, and Audirvana behind!