AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 12-06-2013, 07:41 PM

Exactly- It's simply the nature of the beast with tubes. Cheers -Don
Old 12-07-2013, 02:09 AM

Just wanted to chime back in with an update. I work second shift, and Jonathan reached out to me via e-mail at work. He said based on my description of a little break up from the left (amp) channel, it sounds like an input tube. He suggested I simply rotate over the input tubes from Right (amp)channel. So I simply took out the potentially bad input tubes, and rotated the tubes over from the other amp. I powered the left channel back up, and Voila, it was that easy. Now it's just a matter of obtaining another set of input tubes, and I'll be back in business. Based on how fast they handled this, I bet soon. It feels pretty darned good to have this kind of support. As for the sound, I have a feeling there is something very special going on with this amp/speaker. I know it was only the left channel, but what can I say.... Cheers-Don
Old 12-11-2013, 05:25 PM

The 0/96's are really singing with these amps. They only have a few hours on them, so I will hold off on the gushing. I am hearing a wide open window on the music, but yet so unforced and natural. NolG4Ever mentioned the word flow. That is definitely well put, and very much what I am hearing. OK-no more gush…!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn04 View Post
The 0/96's are really singing with these amps. They only have a few hours on them, so I will hold off on the gushing. I am hearing a wide open window on the music, but yet so unforced and natural. NolG4Ever mentioned the word flow. That is definitely well put, and very much what I am hearing. OK-no more gush…!
So glad you are now up and running with the new amps. They really are great. I have about 25 or 30 hours so far on the whole system and it keeps improving. The 0/96's seem to be holding back a little compared to the Shindo gear but I understand they take many more hours to break in. These amp's have such an effortless way of presenting the music. Due to my lack of experience with this gear I'm not sure if it's the combination of the VR pre, the 18 watts of class A into 10 ohm's or just the 300b house sound but this sound is just intoxicating to my ears. Could be the glass of wine as well. No, unfortunately it's not Chateau D'Quem. Soon! Look forward to getting your opinions as you rack up more hours. Enjoy!

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables
Old 12-18-2013, 09:36 PM

Congratulations! I love my D'Yquems. The match between them and my Lafites is sublime. Just finished listening to an amazing EMI direct to disk "Mozarts Divertimentos No. 1 & 2. This dynamic range of the 1970's EMI/Toshiba direct to disk stuff is unbelievable. It's in excess of 80dB. It really shows of the power and finesse of the D'Yquems.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:33 PM

Thanks very much circle_h_farms. Indeed, they have power and finesse in spades. I had a buddy over today, and he was quite enamored to say the least. He brought WAR: Greatest Hits, and a band called Yello. Both were new to me, but it's always cool to discover new music. We played Joni: Ladies of the Canyon, Louis Armstrong: St James Inf, The Doors: Strange Days, Lightnin Hopkins: Goin Away, LA Fille Mal Gardee on Decca. The DY'quems served each type of music equally well. It was a fun ride. Cheers -Don
Old 12-19-2013, 02:08 AM

War- that brings back some memories...Low rider. I was in high school when Greatest Hits was released in '76. I'll bet the O/96's really rock with the D'Yquems.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:13 AM

Was listening to Fleetwood Mac: S/T tonight, and it sounded sublime. It was a 1st US press MSK2281. As I was coddling the album cover afterwards, I noticed the 2nd engineer was David DeVore. But of course- family synergy! I'll have to ask John if theres a relation.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:26 AM

For the very first time, Art's paper on the D'Yquem really lighted my will for a pair of those and a pair of Shindo speakers.
Just need to find where to listen to them in a place where I will be able to place an order. The hard part.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Old 02-25-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn04 View Post
Just wanted to announce my Black Friday purchase. I made the purchase several weeks ago, so let's just say it's a Black Friday announcement. I will post photos when they arrive. I was given notice that one of the monos arrived last week, so hopefully an update will soon follow. Cheers -Don
Congratulations Don!