AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Integrated

Integrated All in one, Still in Style

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #531  
Old 06-17-2020, 01:10 PM
Puma Cat's Avatar
Puma Cat Puma Cat is offline
conrad-johnson, baby!


 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 9,644
Default

I've never owned or tried an integrated, but if I were to be fortunate enough to obtain the DarTZeel CTH-8550, I wouldn't sure as h*ll wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.
__________________
First Sound Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-Si Special Edition preamp, Conrad-Johnson LP70S amp, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion w/ EAR324, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore OpticalModule with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 power supply, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN, SOtM UltraNeo with Keces P3 power supply, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet & Alpha USB cables, Schiit Gungnir Multibit Gen 5 USB DAC, Schiit Loki DSD DAC, Mac Mini/Roon, Harbeth 30.2 or Dynaudio Contour S3.4 w/ Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, Shunyata Delta and Venom ICs, Shunyata Delta speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Alpha NRv2, Venom NR-V10, and Venom V14D power cords, Shunyata Everest 8000,
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 06-17-2020, 01:16 PM
Jem666's Avatar
Jem666 Jem666 is online now
2˛+3˛+5˛+7˛+11˛+13˛+17˛

 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Belgium, Europe
Posts: 1,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I've never owned or tried an integrated, but if I were to be fortunate enough to obtain the DarTZeel CTH-8550, I wouldn't sure as h*ll wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.
Beautiful products.
https://youtu.be/mNNS_WhiuVs
__________________

"Every day you wake up...is a good day"...Dave Grohl

Last edited by Jem666; 06-17-2020 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 08-31-2020, 07:05 PM
Dilettante Dilettante is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 113
Default

In my secondary system I currently have the Naim Uniti Nova all-in-one integrated, which is basically a streamer/DAC/integrated amp all in a single chassis. The amp section is class AB. It's Roon ready. Highly musical sounding unit. I now have it paired with the Sonus Faber Olympica II speakers. In the past I've had it paired with some PMC standmount speakers and the B&W 805 D3. While the Naim Uniti Nova is only conservatively rated at 80 wpc @ 8 ohms but the current delivery is very robust and didn't break a sweat driving any speakers.
The current delivery that matters most, not the wattage (power ratings).

Prior to the Naim Uniti Nova, I had the McIntosh MA6900 integrated and the Naim Nova is way more musical sounding unit than the Mac.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 09-01-2020, 06:37 AM
Josep's Avatar
Josep Josep is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilettante View Post
Prior to the Naim Uniti Nova, I had the McIntosh MA6900 integrated and the Naim Nova is way more musical sounding unit than the Mac.
You just ruined my day!

i have the MA6700.... i guess i will try to demo the NAIM.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 09-01-2020, 01:25 PM
clpetersen clpetersen is offline
Senior Member

 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 576
Default

Definitely look at the Naim. I went with Bryston separates earlier this year, but the Naim Uniti series is very impressive.
__________________
Main - Synology/Roon; Bryston BP-17 cubed with MM phono card; EAT C-major with Ortofon MM, Chord Qutest, Bryston B-cubed amplifier; Audio Physic Midex; 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design Office: Sonos/JRiver; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung Plasma, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by BDI; Kids - REGA RP1, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 09-02-2020, 04:06 AM
Dilettante Dilettante is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josep View Post
You just ruined my day!

i have the MA6700.... i guess i will try to demo the NAIM.
Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your day lol.....
But the Naim Uniti Nova is very impressive and at $7500 it's a true bargain considering you get a very good quality streamer/DAC built in. It sounded even better than the MA8900 or any Mac integrateds. No comparison.
The Naim Uniti Nova comes with Tidal & Quboz streaming apps and is Roon ready. I suggest you pair the Uniti Nova with Naim Uniti Core music server. They sounded great together.

I know all Naim amplifiers outputs are conservatively rated, but the current delivery that matters, not the power ratings (wattage). The MA6900 & MA8900 are rated way more powerful than the Naim Uniti Nova at 8 ohms but the Naim didn't break a sweat driving just about any speakers with overal better sonic fidelity than the Mac integrateds or even separates. The Naim sounding effortless, musically engaging & involving, warm, relaxed laid back yet punchy with lots of energy, musical drive and highly excels in PRAT (Pace Rthym And Timing) and speed without sounding forced and analytical. I'm a big fan of Naim.

My cousin owns the Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps ($180k) and the Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage analog preamp ($90k) paired with his Magico M6 speakers ($175k/pair), which soon to be replaced with the flagship M9. The best setup I've ever heard at any given price points. The Naim Statement gears are cost-no-object design gears and the best separates (pre / power amps combo) I've ever heard in my life but are very expensive indeed.

Last edited by Dilettante; 09-02-2020 at 04:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 09-11-2020, 01:26 AM
Dilettante Dilettante is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josep View Post
You just ruined my day!

i have the MA6700.... i guess i will try to demo the NAIM.
Did you get to demo the Naim Uniti Nova?
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 10-16-2020, 04:50 PM
andreantunes's Avatar
andreantunes andreantunes is online now
Andre Antunes
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 29
Default

I’m running a Plinius Hautonga integrated. Great power and authority.
Class AB with 200 watts @ 8 ohms and 280 watts @ 4 ohms.
Also love the looks, specially the remote.

Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 11-23-2020, 01:02 AM
sonduciel sonduciel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Corvallis OR
Posts: 13
Default Line Magnetic Tube Amp

I recently acquired Line Magnetic's entry level tube integrated amp, the 34ia. At less than half the price, it ran circles around the PrimaLuna and Rogue Cronus Magnum amps I brought home for demos. At least, for the kind of music I listen to. Fairly simple push-pull design, with a 12AX7 input, two 12AU7 drivers, and four EL34 power tubes. The only upgrade I did to the stock tubes, so far, is a Brimar NOS tube in the AX7 slot. It can accept KT88's with the flip of a switch, but since I listen to small jazz combos and lot's of acoustic classical music, the EL34/KT77's are sweet. I love it.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 11-28-2020, 12:05 PM
jayvis1 jayvis1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 37
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilettante View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your day lol.....
But the Naim Uniti Nova is very impressive and at $7500 it's a true bargain considering you get a very good quality streamer/DAC built in. It sounded even better than the MA8900 or any Mac integrateds. No comparison.
The Naim Uniti Nova comes with Tidal & Quboz streaming apps and is Roon ready. I suggest you pair the Uniti Nova with Naim Uniti Core music server. They sounded great together.

I know all Naim amplifiers outputs are conservatively rated, but the current delivery that matters, not the power ratings (wattage). The MA6900 & MA8900 are rated way more powerful than the Naim Uniti Nova at 8 ohms but the Naim didn't break a sweat driving just about any speakers with overal better sonic fidelity than the Mac integrateds or even separates. The Naim sounding effortless, musically engaging & involving, warm, relaxed laid back yet punchy with lots of energy, musical drive and highly excels in PRAT (Pace Rthym And Timing) and speed without sounding forced and analytical. I'm a big fan of Naim.

My cousin owns the Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps ($180k) and the Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage analog preamp ($90k) paired with his Magico M6 speakers ($175k/pair), which soon to be replaced with the flagship M9. The best setup I've ever heard at any given price points. The Naim Statement gears are cost-no-object design gears and the best separates (pre / power amps combo) I've ever heard in my life but are very expensive indeed.
Let me guess, you're from Europe? That would explain your bias toward products designed and built in England. We all tend to gravitate toward brands that are sonically similar to what we grew up with or are used to. I've heard plenty of Naim products over the years and don't have many bad things to say about them other than their pedestrian industrial design and that none have ever wowed me. I've also compared them to comparably priced McIntosh items. All I can say is that I've never bought a Naim product but have owned quite a few McIntosh items. I guess that shows MY obvious bias.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Add Powr
Add Powr
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase