Old 03-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Default 100 years in 10 minutes.

100 Years in 10 Minutes (1911 - 2011 in 10 Minutes) - YouTube
Old 03-02-2012, 03:53 PM

Thanks Serge!

Very cool indeed.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Serge.......Very interesting video. Man's inhumanity to man is astonishing. The merciless killing never seems to end. Kill one person, they throw you in jail. Kill a million people, they make you king.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 03-02-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:07 PM

Thanks Serge. Brings back a lot of memories.

Jim
Old 03-02-2012, 04:11 PM

Could the music have been any more ominous? Jeezus what a downer. Why are these things always in the "glass half empty" section? Do the makers of these videos think people don't want to see all the great contributions that were made during this time?

...or is it just me?
Old 03-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Merry Christmas to all

I was fishing on the bank of the Wiliamette River north of Portland, Oregon the morning St. Helens blew. I remember standing there looking at that eruption, the mountain now 1300 feet shorter, and feeling smaller than a grain of sand on the river bank.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 03-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Interesting take on the past 100 years. Wonder what events I would choose in putting together the same type of compilation.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 PM

No doubt the last 100 years saw an explosion of technological advancements in every category. As I watched this video, I couldn't help to be reminded that we, humans, the primary species that holds everything, including the future of our planet in our hands tends to focus so much of the technological advancements for the destruction of our own species and much of everything else around us. Let's hope this century as well as going into the future, we finally begin to channel all that creative energy into a more positive direction.
I have my doubts about that though.....

No doubt our society and our planet has some challenging times ahead with the population explosion over the last 50 years. It will be a monumental task for the future generations to try to balance the resources of our planet, keep pollution under control and to feed and house some 14 Billion people that UN projects towards the end of this century. I am sure some minds are already reeling with all kinds of ideas. That scares me.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:26 PM
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerman View Post
Could the music have been any more ominous? Jeezus what a downer. Why are these things always in the "glass half empty" section? Do the makers of these videos think people don't want to see all the great contributions that were made during this time?

...or is it just me?
It's not you, I agree. The attached or linked videos that followed were similar in style and had the same music, the bodybuilding one anyway..
Unison Research Sinfonia Anniversary. McIntosh D100 > Bluesound Node2i > Tidal. Clearaudio Performance DC. Gold Note PH-10, Gold Note PSU-10. Isol-8 InLine. Shunyata Research Hydra Delta D6. Wireworld. Acoustic Zen. Audioquest. Klipsch Cornwall III.

Greg
Old 03-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Listener in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerman View Post

...or is it just me?
Doug, it was a very German take on the century, which colors it tragically as much as an American would color it more optimistically. Much of the evil portrayed was defeated.

When you look at the post-WWII world, we're living in a golden age that started in "the west" and has expanded. Look at China for example: Mao unleashed arguably the largest famine in the world c. 1958, but today they've shed much of their totalitarian ways (not all certainly), and hundreds of millions of people have emerged from below the poverty line, and I'm hopeful that as the country takes more center stage, their leaders, as well as those elsewhere, allow it to happen peacefully.

Everyone should ask himself: would you rather be here now, or two hundred or two thousand years earlier for that matter? There's a lot of massacres, famines and cruelty that were never filmed - the difference since the industrial revolution is one of scale concomitant with the benefits. We tend to forget what an exceptionally great era we live in. I for one am thankful.

Serge, thanks for the video - had my son watch it with me, and it does (as contrary to the above may sound) provide lessons.
Sources: Vinyl: Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with 9" Universal tonearm, Da Vinci V2 cartridge, Stillpoints SS & Stillpoints clamp, McIntosh MVP 901, Apple Mac mini via Benchmark DAC 1, Aurender N100C via Schiit Yggdrasil
Control: McIntosh C1100, Mcintosh MX151
Power: Mcintosh MC2301s (front), McIntosh MC501 (center), Mcintosh MC402 (rear)
Speakers: Sonus Faber Amati Futura (front and back), SF Vox center
Power/connections: PS Audio Power Port receptacles, RGPC 400 pro (2) WireWorld interconnects and speaker cable