AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Schiit

Schiit Designed For The Real World

Old 08-06-2018, 11:22 PM

Jason Stoddard has posted on another forum that Schiit, and other companies, are being hit with a global parts shortage. Apparently lead times and availability are getting wonky, this is negatively impacting new and to-be-upgraded Yggy's.
Schiit URD CD Transport > Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC > Schiit Loki Max EQ > Bryston BP-26 Preampamplifier > Schiit Vidar Power Amp > B & W 805D + JL Audio E112 subwoofers (x2); Power- Shunyata Venom 16; ADD-Powr Symphony Pro & Eau2's; Equitech Son of Q; Cabling- Wireworld IC, Synergistic Research SC, Shunyata PC.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:21 PM

The Schiit story from Jason Storddard

http://lucasbosch.de/schiit/jason-st...paper-lblb.pdf

Who read this story and pls give me a conclusion for this product

Thanks
Old 08-13-2018, 07:41 PM
Retired

Herb Reichert has a write-up on the Yggdrasil upgrade in the latest 'Stereophile'. Receives an excellent review.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 08-13-2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Herb Reichert has a write-up on the Yggdrasil upgrade in the latest 'Stereophile'. Greats an excellent review.
Glenn.......Just read it yesterday. It is in the section of the magazine titled Follow-Up. I could not agree more with Herb's conclusion. The new Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Analog 2 version with the Gen 5 USB is outstanding. I am enjoying mine every day and have not discovered anything about its performance that is less than completely satisfying.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 08-13-2018, 09:46 PM
Retired

Dan - have you done any power-cord rolling with yours? One of the reviewers (believe it was someone in the UK) did so as part of his DAC review and found a significant difference in not only the Yggy but the Kitsune and a couple of other DACs based on the power cord selection.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 08-13-2018, 10:06 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Glenn.......Yes, the entire digital front end is powered with 2 meter Wireworld Silver Electra power cords, the Yggdrasil, the Simaudio MOON 260D transport, and the Aurender N100H music server. I never plugged the factory power cords into any of those components. It was Silver Electra's from day one. In fact, I also use 2 meter Wireworld Silver Electra power cords on the PS AUdio P10, the C2300 preamp and the MC452 power amp in the living room system, as well as all components in the studio system. That's a total of 15 Wireworld Silver Electra's. All factory power cords are in storage.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 08-13-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:43 AM
Retired

That is also where I would be starting, but wondered if you had tried anything else. In the review, which I have not yet found again, the reviewer tried a few, but found a 'modest' (~$500, IIRC) cost one that performed better than the more expensive models on DACs. My experience has been that digital gear responds better than analog gear to clean power.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:50 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
That is also where I would be starting, but wondered if you had tried anything else. In the review, which I have not yet found again, the reviewer tried a few, but found a 'modest' (~$500, IIRC) cost one that performed better than the more expensive models on DACs. My experience has been that digital gear responds better than analog gear to clean power.

Glenn.......I have been so thoroughly satisfied with the performance of the Wireworld Silver Electra power cords that I have had zero interest in looking elsewhere. For me, the largest performance bump happened when I placed the Silver Electra power cords on my amplifiers. Beyond that, it was incremental improvements as I added them to the AC regenerators, premplifiers, and digital front ends.

Quite frankly, I don't see how my power distribution for audio purposes could get much better. I have been a believer in power conditioning for many years, although I am fortunate to have relatively clean utility power for my home from a dedicated power transformer that is not shared. That is one of the advantages of living on a large enough piece of property that the power company had no choice but to provide me with my own transformer. Typically the incoming THD on my AC utility service is in the range of 1.6%.

Initially I got into power conditioning when I built my home by installing 20 amp dedicated outlets for my audio system. The living room sound system has three dedicated circuits, one each terminated to PS Audio Soloist Premier SE outlets, two for the audio rack and one for the subwoofer. In the years that followed I installed two power conditioners, PS Audio Power Plant Premier's, choosing to go the AC regeneration route over totally passive. The living room system now uses a single PS Audio P10 AC regenerator powered by one dedicated 20 amp circuit that supports all source components and the preamplifier. The power amplifier is powered through a Furutech Flux 50 directly from the second dedicated 20 amp circuit behind the rack. The PS Audio P10 does a better job of lowering THD and regulating output voltage than the Power Plant Premiers managed. I just checked the P10 and see that incoming THD is 1.6%, and the 120 volt regulated output shows 0.2% THD. The living room sound system definitely benefits from clean power.

When I built the two room addition to my home for my recording studio I installed a dedicated 100 amp sub-panel and provided two dedicated circuits for my two channel sound system and two dedicated circuits for my home theater system. The home theater processor and source components are powered through a PS Audio Power Plant Premier. The two channel sound system is powered from a PurePower 2000 AC regenerator with battery backup that is itself fed power from a PS Audio Soloist Premier SE outlet through a Furutech Flux 50.

Between having relatively clean incoming utility power that is further enhanced with dedicated 20 amp circuits, AC regeneration, high quality receptacles, along with whole home commercial surge protection installed at my service panel and sub-panel, I am comfortable knowing I have clean AC power for my audio components. The sound from both systems is excellent, dynamic, and dead quiet. In addition, all source components, AC regenerators, and power amplifiers are powered using 2 meter Wireworld Silver Electra power cables, 15 in total. I am confident I have achieved solid, regulated, low noise AC power for my audio components, and quite pleased with the results. I consider the effort and expense that went into making it happen worth it.

Last edited by jdandy; 08-14-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:03 AM
Retired

I'll take that as a no.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:03 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Glenn.......Each person eventually stops somewhere. My present power distribution arrangement, cables, and hardware satisfy me completely. I have absolutely no reason to go up, down, sideways, or anywhere in between from where I am. In my opinion I have paid closer attention to clean power and getting it to my gear than many others. I have no reason to tamper with a good thing.

I would like to redirect this thread back to the original topic.

Last edited by jdandy; 08-15-2018 at 05:09 PM.