AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Pass Labs

Pass Labs 20 Years and Counting

Old 02-13-2016, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Briefly at dealer, my first time listening to Pass gear, came away very impressed, i will listen some more in the coming months. The INT 250 was paired with the new Bowers 803 D3, nice combo.
Hello Allman77,

you thing to change the Devialet with a Pass? Devialet make you not so happy?
thx
Old 03-31-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidho View Post
Hello Allman77,

you thing to change the Devialet with a Pass? Devialet make you not so happy?
thx
Hi Raidho,

I will most likely sell my Devialet this summer, after 9 months of use i've come to the conclusion that the Devialet sound is not for me. First new speakers then new amps and Pass is certainly on my list for further listening.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:47 PM

Really late to the discussion, but I have a mint condition INT-30A coming next week and wondered about the heat output. My plan is to put it in my home office and connect it to my KEF LS50s. I work full time from home and live in Florida so the summers are hot. How much heat will the INT-30A add to the home office, which is a spare bedroom about 11.5'X10.5'X9'? Just looking for a ball park estimation.

My main system is driven by an Esoteric I-03 Integrated amplifer and I really really enjoy the sound from it, but will also try the INT-30 on the main system too to compare. The main system's speakers are Focal Sopra 1s with a old Definitive Technology 15" sub the main system room is 12'X15'X9'. If the INT-30A sounds better than the I-03 it will get connected to the main system and the I-03 will go in the home office. The I-03 won't present a heat problem since it has a Class D amplifier.

Again, just wondering if heat output will be a problem in either room.

Thanks!

Last edited by Projectman; 07-12-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:22 AM

I have an INT250 in my main system and love the sound. Ayre AX5twenty drives home office system in room of same dimensions as yours.

I gotta think the 30A will produce sum kinda heat, but if you're not sitting next to it, don't know that it'll make the entire room uncomfortable in your home office.

I'm gonna guess that you'll put the 30 in your main system and move the I-03 to the home office for both heat and sound reasons.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
I have an INT250 in my main system and love the sound. Ayre AX5twenty drives home office system in room of same dimensions as yours.

I gotta think the 30A will produce sum kinda heat, but if you're not sitting next to it, don't know that it'll make the entire room uncomfortable in your home office.

I'm gonna guess that you'll put the 30 in your main system and move the I-03 to the home office for both heat and sound reasons.
Thanks for the information. This is first foray into Class A amplifiers.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectman View Post
Thanks for the information. This is first foray into Class A amplifiers.
@projectman, I've got a XA25 (my first foray into Class A amps at 25W into 8ohms) and it gets plenty warm on its own stand.

Rule of thumb from Pass is that the cooling fins should never be so hot that you can touch them...if so, there isn't enough ventilation.

Sure, maybe its too hot to touch for 5 - 10 seconds, but that is normal, I understand.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:42 AM

I've got an INT-30A in my 16x13x8.4 living room. It does get noticeably warm near the amp, and probably raises the ambient temperature in the room about 4 degrees F warmer than the adjacent room (I asked my wife, and she concurred with the guesstimate). There is no wall between the rooms, so there is likely a higher amount of air flow between the rooms than in a typical bedroom scenario, which might get a bit warmer if it's a more closed area.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:23 PM

I have had the INT-30A in my audio room and been listening for several hours and don’t notice the room getting any warmer. Looks like it will be all good. Sounds great too!
Old 07-25-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectman View Post
I have had the INT-30A in my audio room and been listening for several hours and don’t notice the room getting any warmer. Looks like it will be all good. Sounds great too!
Sounds like a happy ending, then! Though with two such great integrateds, I doubt you could go wrong regardless of which got placed in which system.