AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:15 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
This is how my unit will be set-up once the Optical Module arrives.

Cable Modem ---ethernet---> Orbi Wireless Router---ethernet--->Trendnet S51SFP ----Optical cable--> Optical Module---->ethernet --------> dCS Upsampler
Cool, thanks, Jim.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:37 PM
Cool, calm scientist

I wrote to Jesus at Sonore today and he wrote back and said that they expect to be shipping the OpticalModule out the 1st or 2nd week of June.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I wrote to Jesus at Sonore today and he wrote back and said that they expect to be shipping the OpticalModule out the 1st or 2nd week of June.
I tried a new switch yesterday preparing for the Opticalmodule device I have on order. Dropouts and Roon error messages galore. Back to the non-optical capable device at least for now. I', considering canceling my order.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:27 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
I tried a new switch yesterday preparing for the Opticalmodule device I have on order. Dropouts and Roon error messages galore. Back to the non-optical capable device at least for now. I', considering canceling my order.
I think the problem may be with the Orbi network, Jim. Any info if an Eero mesh network will work better?

BTW, its very clear that mesh networks don't play nice with a range of networked devices. Ring says that their Video Doorbell basicially do not work well mesh WiFi networks, they recommend a Wifi Extender instead, e.g., a TP-Link, etc.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I think the problem may be with the Orbi network, Jim. Any info if an Eero mesh network will work better?

BTW, its very clear that mesh networks don't play nice with a range of networked devices. Ring says that their Video Doorbell basicially do not work well mesh WiFi networks, they recommend a Wifi Extender instead, e.g., a TP-Link, etc.
i agree that it could be the Netgear Orbi mesh network. Everything else works so well with great coverage that I am a bit reticent to change over to something else just for a small improvement in audio SQ. What Orbi support could never explain is why I needed to add a switch in the first place when the Orbi Router and satellites have enough ports to do job in the first place.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:05 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:

I run an Eeros mesh, and it has zero issues with Ring and their self diagnostic indicates this as well along with others.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:07 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
i agree that it could be the Netgear Orbi mesh network. Everything else works so well with great coverage that I am a bit reticent to change over to something else just for a small improvement in audio SQ. What Orbi support could never explain is why I needed to add a switch in the first place when the Orbi Router and satellites have enough ports to do job in the first place.

Is the Orbi satellite wired or wireless? If it’s wireless and you coming out of it into your DCS bridge, that may be where it’s an issue.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:33 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
I run an Eeros mesh, and it has zero issues with Ring and their self diagnostic indicates this as well along with others.
That's great to know, thanks!
Old 05-27-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Is the Orbi satellite wired or wireless? If it’s wireless and you coming out of it into your DCS bridge, that may be where it’s an issue.
Both my DCS Upsampler and SonicTransporter i5 (where Roon and my music reside) are hardwired to a switch that is hardwired to the main Orbi Router.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:01 PM

So it's Orbi router - Trendnet switch - dCS Upsampler. Correct?

I believe the Orbi router has 1000Mbps Ethernet ports.

What's your Trendnet switch model? Is it a 1000Mbps or 100Mbps switch?

What speed is your dCS Ethernet port running at? 1000Mbps or 100Mbps? If your Trendnet switch is a 1000Mbps Ethernet, it should show two different colors for the speed of a particular port so that you can find out it's running at 1000Mbps or 100Mbps.

If any of the above is running at 100Mbps, then one possible cause for the problem you were having might be related to how the 1000Mbps is made to run at 100Mbps, resulting in different network traffic patterns. The insertion of a switch to cure Roon playback is a common solution for another brand of network amplifier. Before that becomes common knowledge, Chris Connaker also found the same solution for an unspecified endpoint, described in a thread he created in his own forum.

Last edited by wklie; 05-29-2019 at 10:27 PM.