AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 02-25-2020, 07:13 PM

Order for a MC462 and c2700 amp and preamplifier has been placed. Expected delivery of two weeks. I’m very excited to say the least. This is actually the first time I’ve purchased even a single piece of audio equipment brand new from a dealer. All other things I’ve got were from the second hand market, or, at best, dealer demo units.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:21 PM

Very nice, congratulations! Based on your username, your first track should be Once Upon A Time In The West. That's what mine would be ;-)
Preamp: McIntosh C22 Mk V (Gold Lion Tubes)
DAC/CD/SACD: McIntosh MCD12000
Streaming Source: Aurender N10; UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch; AfterDark Project Clayx Giesemann OCXO 10MHz Reference Queen Master Clock w/ Black Modernize LPS x 2 Giesemann OCXO 10M Edition
Speakers: Canton Reference 3K
Power: 2x Dedicated 20 Amp Breakers + Whole House Surge Protection
Power Outlets: PS Audio Power Ports
Power Resonators: ADD-Powr Sorcer x4 (at service panel); ADD-Powr Wizard; ADD-Powr eau2; ADD-Powr Symphony (in network closet)
Power Distribution: Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2
Power Cables: Shunyata Delta v2 XC (Denali v2 to dedicated 20A Outlet); Shunyata Venom NR v10 (Amp to Denali v2); Shunyata Delta v2 NR (Preamp to Denali v2); Shunyata Alpha v2 NR (DAC to Denali v2); Shunyata Venom NR v12 (Wizard to dedicated 20A Outlet); Shunyata Venom V14 Digital (Streamer and Master Clock LPS to Denali v2)
Speaker Cables: Shunyata Sigma v1; Shunyata Sigma v1 Jumpers
Audio Cables: Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 XLR (Preamp to Amp); Wireworld Gold Eclipse 8 XLR (DAC Tube and Solid State Outputs to Preamp); Shunyata Sigma USB (Streamer to DAC); Shunyata Sigma v2 AES/EBU (Streamer to DAC); Shunyata Venom Ethernet (Wall Wart to EtherREGEN); Shunyata Sigma Ethernet (EtherREGEN to Streamer); Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 75-Ohm BNC (AfterDark Queen Master Clock to EtherREGEN); Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 S/PDIF (Streamer to DAC)
Isolation: Stillpoints Ultra SS (Under Speakers); Stillpoints Ultra Mini's (Under Preamp and DAC); HRS E1 Isolation Platform w/G7 Feet and G-Links (Under Amp and Master Clock/LPS); HRS E1 Isolation Platform w/G7 Feet (Under Streamer); Shunyata DarkField Suspension System and DarkField Mini Elevators (Under Speaker Cables); IsoAcoustics Iso-Pucks (Under EtherREGEN)
Noise Reduction: HRS DPX-14545 Damping Plate (On Amp and Preamp); HRS DPII-14545 Damping Plate (On DAC)
Grounding: Shunyata Alpha v3 CGC/SGC Ground Cable (DAC to Denali v2); Shunyata Delta v2 CGC/SGC Ground Cable (EtherREGEN to Denali v2)
Rack: Quadraspire SVT

Sun Room
Wireless Speaker: McIntosh RS200
Power Resonator: ADD-Powr Symphony Pro
Power Distribution: Shunyata Venom PS8 w/ Venom Defender
Power Cables: Shunyata Delta NR (Venom PS8 to Wall Outlet); Wireworld Silver Electra 7 (RS200 to Venom PS8)
Isolation: IsoAcoustics Iso-Pucks
Rack: Pangea Audio Vulcan
Old 02-25-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by direstraitsfan98 View Post
Order for a MC462 and c2700 amp and preamplifier has been placed. Expected delivery of two weeks. I’m very excited to say the least. This is actually the first time I’ve purchased even a single piece of audio equipment brand new from a dealer. All other things I’ve got were from the second hand market, or, at best, dealer demo units.

Congrats! My prediction...you’re going to love the new system and its synergy of solid state amp with tube preamp.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver View Post
I have been trying to figure out how I wanted to raise my amps in my stand so the hinges wouldn’t hit the front of them. I would either need to recess the amps or have custom heavy duty shelves made to support the amps in the Salamander rails.

I was given a wonderful Viking cutting board for Christmas. Looking at the 20”x14”x2” dimensions I had an idea and ordered more..

I am more excited about cutting boards than I should be, but they worked out perfect for what I needed and were probably the cheapest upgrade i’ve ever made..

Now to replace the Furman with a Mac and add another Mac amp to the empty spot..
Do you recommend using Mains protect devices such as Furman or Transparent Cable's devices ? As I have both and thinking that using them will have bad sound influence.
Thanks
Old 03-20-2020, 06:22 PM

Got them in my room, wasn't easy. Can't wait to unbox these badboys.
It's so nice to finally own something brand spanking new, that you got with your hard earned money for once. Everything i owned prior was either from the second hand market, with no warranty, or, a dealer demo. still not the same as buying brand new from your dealer!

Last edited by Masterlu; 03-30-2020 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Photos need to be resized to 1200 pixels max width.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:59 PM

^^^

Old 03-20-2020, 10:42 PM

Got them in my room, wasn't easy. Can't wait to unbox these badboys.

It's so nice to finally own something brand spanking new, that you got with your hard earned money for once. Everything i owned prior was either from the second hand market, with no warranty, or, a dealer demo. still not the same as buying brand new from your dealer![/QUOTE]

Awesome, enjoy in good health.

Last edited by Masterlu; 03-30-2020 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:44 PM

Looking fw for the unboxing pics!!!
Old 03-27-2020, 10:23 PM

I had an issue with my c2700 so I am exchanging it with a C53. I have had nothing but great experience with my dealer, and what I assume is mcintosh as well since they sent out a replacement for my defective unit almost right away. It would have been nice to try out a proper working c2700 but I made up my mind to get a c53 instead. I listen to music a lot, more than 100 hours a week, which would probably equate to couple thousand hours a year. I'd have to change my tubes out every 2 years or so. its nice to not have to worry about ever replacing my tubes.

besides, doesnt the c2700 still use solid state transistors at some point in the audio signal? its not really a true tube preamp in that regard then at least to my understanding of how true tube gear is/should be. its technically a hybrid.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:06 PM

direstraitsfan98,

I have been following your posts with great interest. Congratulations on your new gear! I have a C2700 and MC462 on loan from my dealer for over a week now (and will have it until non-essential businesses reopen in my state) and have been so impressed that I placed an order for a C2700 and MC611's. Did you dealer have the C53 on hand? I am assuming that I won't get my gear until McIntosh reopens.

What are your impressions of the C53 vs. the C2700?

New to this forum and McIntosh gear. I always liked the Mac look but never heard it sound great. I'm blown away with how fantastic it sounds in my system.
Should of tried it years ago. Better late than never!