AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Meridian Audio

Meridian Audio Listen Closely

Old 07-20-2010, 06:47 AM
Member #1000

With some help from Howie here are some pics for you.

First some pics of the hardware:

Above you see the Control 10 on a table next to my couch. The Control 10 just needs a power cable, a digital output cable to go to your DAC and an Ethernet cable going to a gigabit router for connection to the Twinstore and internet. These cables can all be relatively long which allows you to put the Control 10 wherever you want.

Above you see that the Control 10 screen will tilt.

Above is the Twinstore storage for the Sooloos system. I put 2-2TB drives in mine for storage of about 5000 FLAC CDs (this number will be less depending on how many high rez files I get). I have it in a back room just sitting on the Sooloos shipping box for now, I'll get a nice stand for it sometime. It's nice to store the noisy hard drives outside of the listening room.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Member #1000

Here are some screen shots:

Above is the basic interface which shows 18 covers at a time.

When you select a CD you get the above screen next (more on the features on this screen later)

Above are a couple pics of the screen saver that comes up when a CD is playing. If you load a nice pic it will show up very clearly, the Beck pic is 700x700 and the Eric Burdon pic is 500x500. The Eric Burdon pic looks smaller because it has a black boarder, all the pics come up the same size. The track time and Queue time can be shown or hidden on this screen.

Any time you select a CD, song or playlist you get the above screen with the options to play your selection now, next or at the end of the queue. This is the normal play mode, it's a lot like a jukebox. There is also a customizable random play mode called "Swim".
Old 07-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Member #1000

I'll post more screen shots after work with more details on the Sooloos features.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:35 AM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Very, very nice! Enjoy Victor
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 07-20-2010, 09:54 AM

Victor
With the layout of my 2-channel room, I would have to run those three cables across a door opening to get near a seating position.

I sure like the GUI. Have you loaded any 24/96 files yet? If so how do they sound thru the SooLoos DAC's.
Jim
Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Victor.......Thanks for the photos. The screen resolution puts the MS300/750 to shame.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 07-20-2010, 02:56 PM

My dealer has the Sooloos, the interface is nice and big.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Member #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Victor
With the layout of my 2-channel room, I would have to run those three cables across a door opening to get near a seating position.
There are always options with this. To keep my Ethernet cable out of a walkway I'm running the cable around the perimeter of the listening room and then cut a small hole in the wall to get the cable into my back room where the Twinstore is. You could run the wires under the floor. You could put the wires under an area rug by the door opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
I sure like the GUI. Have you loaded any 24/96 files yet? If so how do they sound thru the SooLoos DAC's.
Jim
I just finished loading 22 DVD-A discs into the Sooloos and they sound great. The Sooloos Control 10 does not have a DAC, I'm just using the Sooloos as a transport going into my MDA1000. Even the 24 bit 48kHz files are a nice improvement over regular 16 bit 44.1. The 24 bit files are smoother with a bit more detail, not a huge difference but every little bit helps. I used a program called DVD Audio Extractor to make the 24 bit FLAC files from my DVD-A discs.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
There are always options with this. To keep my Ethernet cable out of a walkway I'm running the cable around the perimeter of the listening room and then cut a small hole in the wall to get the cable into my back room where the Twinstore is. You could run the wires under the floor. You could put the wires under an area rug by the door opening.

I just finished loading 22 DVD-A discs into the Sooloos and they sound great. The Sooloos Control 10 does not have a DAC, I'm just using the Sooloos as a transport going into my MDA1000. Even the 24 bit 48kHz files are a nice improvement over regular 16 bit 44.1. The 24 bit files are smoother with a bit more detail, not a huge difference but every little bit helps. I used a program called DVD Audio Extractor to make the 24 bit FLAC files from my DVD-A discs.
Victor
Did you see this link I posted yesterday? I do not know if it will help you at all.
Jim

How To Rip DVD-Audio, DVD-Video (Audio) And HDAD Discs | Computer Audiophile
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Member #1000

OK, here is some more pics and info on the user interface:

Here is a screen shot of a CD title. From here by selecting the tabs at the top of the screen you can see the track listing, credits, review, label info, other titles from the same artist, date of recording and date imported, rating from 0-5 stars, quality (high rez, CD, lossy, Rhapsody), genres & moods (used for custom random play "Swim" in Sooloos terms or used to find similar music), tags. Most of these items can by edited from this page.

Most of these items can also be used for searches "Focus" in Sooloos terms. For example: In the credits Bob Ludwig has a Mastering credit. I know the name Bob Ludwig and I'm curious what else he has worked on in my music collection. I just select Bob Ludwig by pressing his name and a search comes up that shows 20 other CDs in my collection that Bob has a credit on, very cool!

As you can see from the above example, the more data that gets entered into the Sooloos the more enjoyment you will get out of it. Now you see why I'm spending so much time while importing trying to get all the info possible.