AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 03-15-2014, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax4736 View Post
2fastdriving, my dealer will be here next week, but of course I couldn't wait. Who could?
I don't blame you at all! My dealer came out with the delivery. They were great. Definitive audio in Bellevue, wa. I recommend them based on their customer service. They spent hours at my place getting it right.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:22 AM

Quote:
2fastdriving, my dealer will be here next week, but of course I couldn't wait. Who could?
Jax, I do not blame you either !
Looking really beautiful in this color. Huge congrats !
So...how do they sound ?

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Old 03-15-2014, 06:32 AM

Congrats on your new Sasha 2s. They look fantastic!

Last edited by Ritmo; 03-16-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:35 AM

Congratulations! It's a perfect time for you to upgrade and the kind of upgrade that makes sense. You are moving up a tier and getting all the new technology from the beginning. The II's should provide you many years of enjoyment.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:51 PM

I'm at my dealer's event debuting Sasha 2. Here is a picture of their pair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3438807796.jpg (48.6 KB, 290 views)
System: Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon/DPC-6v2, Defender, Anaconda /Sigma power cords and interconnects, Linn LP12, Ayre P-5xe, dCS Vivaldi full stack, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre MX-R Twenty, Wilson Alexia Series 2 Speakers
Old 03-16-2014, 01:26 AM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
So far, imaging and bass better than the Sophia 3. I need less volume on the preamp. These seem easier to drive than the previous Sasha. There is also a sense of weight and power (on orchestral passages) that wasn't quite so pronounced on the Sophia 3.
Big congrats, my friend! Enjoy them!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:32 AM

Definitely loving what I'm hearing. New details in recordings I couldn't hear before. I was at JS Audio's Sasha II event tonight. He showed me the propogation delay and its 36 settings (4 peg positions and 9 steps!) I used the tables in the manual, and found a really nice setting. For the first time, I met his wife and son, it was a nice evening. John Quick from DCS was also in attendance.

Peter had his great collection of recorded music with him. The Sasha 2's really filled that room up nicely. They had elite gear with them; D'Agostino mono blocks and preamp, Nordost Valhalla 2 cabling, and the dCS stack as the source.
System: Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon/DPC-6v2, Defender, Anaconda /Sigma power cords and interconnects, Linn LP12, Ayre P-5xe, dCS Vivaldi full stack, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre MX-R Twenty, Wilson Alexia Series 2 Speakers

Last edited by jax4736; 03-18-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Definitely loving what I'm hearing. New details in recordings I couldn't hear before. I was at JS Audio's Sasha II event tonight. He showed me the propogation delay and it's 36 settings (4 peg positions and 9 steps!) I used the tables in the manual, and found a really nice setting. For the first time, I met his wife and son, it was a nice evening. John Quick from DCS was also in attendance.

Peter had his great collection of recorded music with him. The Sasha 2's really filled that room up nicely. They had elite gear with them; D'Agostino mono blocks and preamp, Nordost Valhalla 2 cabling, and the dCS stack as the source.
Fantastic!

I heard the Sasha 2s powered by a pair of Constellation Monoblocks, pre-amp and a number of sources including a high-end SME turntable and a very exotic looking Metronome transport and DAC combo (Kalista?). Also heard them through the D'Agostino Pre and power (again mono blocks).

Nothing short of extraordinary! This was at a hi-fi show so the room acoustics etc weren't ideal but boy do those Sashas deliverer!!!

They are simply outstanding... all I have to do now if figure out a way of financing the upgrade from Sophia 3 to Sasha 2!!

Guillaume
Old 03-16-2014, 03:37 PM

Guillaume ...welcome to AA! Looks like maybe you've been lurking for a while

jax...please post a review of your Sasha's once you get them dialed in and get some hours on them. I am sure you must be listening to them a lot!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:35 PM

Will post the review. Waiting for the dealer setup, happening next week. As a former Sophia 3 owner, I must say these were truly worth the upgrade. I listen mainly to orchestral music, and there is more "weight" to recordings. The room sounds wider and deeper, and taller. And more detail is being dug up on my recordings than the Sophia's were able to do. I really loved my Sophia's though. I will always have a soft spot for them, as they were the first Wilson I owned.

Things are better now, after I followed Peter McGrath's recommendation to use the Aspherical Propogation Delay tables, and set the angle of the head unit, with the appropriate spike. Wilson's web site has the documentation up for the Sasha II already, so anyone interested can check it out. Peter actually encouraged me to try various angles, but for now I am going with the manual's recommendation. Essentially, you measure your ear height from the floor, and your ear's distance to the front baffle of the woofer cabinets. Then look up n the table. The Wilson app also has a calculator too, but they haven't updated the app yet for Sasha II.

The XLF has an astonishing number of settings for the similar measurements. I needn't worry though, as Alexia, or maybe MAXX, is the highest up I'll ever be able to go.